What's new

will non-shang-owners be able to lab the matchup?

"mu grind" is an competitive element. if you are a competitive player and mk11 is your maingame you obviously have to buy all dlc chars. that's it.
to me this looks like you just exposed yourself as a scrub dude. i suggest you buy the chars or keep playing towers or something lul

Reactions: jmt

Inzzane_79

Every time someone farts, a demon gets his wings
"mu grind" is an competitive element. if you are a competitive player and mk11 is your maingame you obviously have to buy all dlc chars.
you just exposed yourself as a scrub dude. i suggest you buy the chars or keep playing towers or something lul
No need to insult him by calling him a scrub! That is exactly why the FGC is so often called "Toxic"

You could have just said "Dude, you want to Play MK competitive? Buy the dlc, no way around it. You wanna play casual your choice if you want to spend the money or not"

Inzzane_79

and thats quite a lot for content i dont want at all. i just dont want to be free against these chars im never gonna play myself.
Are you on xbox or ps4? If on xbox add me and we can go into practice mode together or just Play some games so you can learn the matchup (I´m from Germany also, your username sounds german and somebody pointed out you are from Germany)

Otherwise you could go into Klassik Towers and reload until shang is the first opponnent and Restart that match over and over on highest difficulty to learn it (doesn´t sound like fun to me tho)

Are you on xbox or ps4? If on xbox add me and we can go into practice mode together or just Play some games so you can learn the matchup (I´m from Germany also, your username sounds german and somebody pointed out you are from Germany)

Otherwise you could go into Klassik Towers and reload until shang is the first opponnent and Restart that match over and over on highest difficulty to learn it (doesn´t sound like fun to me tho)
ps4, thx though

No need to insult him by calling him a scrub! That is exactly why the FGC is so often called "Toxic"

You could have just said "Dude, you want to Play MK competitive? Buy the dlc, no way around it. You wanna play casual your choice if you want to spend the money or not"
i agree of course. in this particular case its another story. im from germany too so this is a personal thing.
everything else is none of your business

Inzzane_79

i agree of course. in this particular case its another story. im from germany too so this is a personal thing.
everything else is none of your business
What everything else? There was only 1 point lol

Just so I get this right, you two know each other and it wasn´t an insult then? or why does coming from Germany have any weight in that?

Groove Heaven

Jobber-baron
I will be buying Shang, Nightwolf, Ash, but still on the fence about Sindel and the others. I always thought it was stupid you can't try them out in practice mode. How the hell do I know if I want to purchase a character if I can't try them out first? Lock the character from all other modes but it makes perfect sense for people to be able to lab or try them out. NRS would probably make more money that way.
Isn't there a free trial for him in towers?

I'm not a huge fan of DLC practices but wow the whiny entitlement in this thread...

OzzFoxx

Hardcore gaming poser.

Since when is being a scrub a bad thing. I always interpreted it as a yellow belt

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
I can't wait to win the local tourny with Shang as nobody paid to get him and I'll just spam everyone with crap in ft2 with no chance to adapt UHHHHHHH HUHUHUHUHUHUHUH

Wigy

There it is...
If you Wana compete in tournament. Buy the characters lol.

You can make a case for it when all the DLC are unbalanced like alien and Tanya.

Though you kinda need practice mode to lab the perfect block timing which is annoying.

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
It is very possible to learn the MU of DLC characters without buying them.
  • You can play sets with friends
  • open a thread in TYM to help learn the MU.
  • play vs them in online.
But it is no doubt harder to learn the MU without owning them especially early on.

Any competitive player should always buy the full Kombat pack because it allows you to get matchups early on, lab up responses in practice, access to potential new characters and gives you awesome skins. I find it easiest to learn matchups when I learn how to play that character at a high level or at least as good as my main so I can lab tight links, staggers, frame traps, responses to hard to deal with tools etc.

Shang Tsung is possibly the hardest character to master.
  • he changes into your opponent so you need to be able to use every character better than your opponent who mains them.
  • memorize your combos plus everyone else's.
  • find ways to use thier tools against them after soulsteal to change that bad MU into a even one.
Shang is absolutely my main and I feel he has the most depth and will keep me entertained for years to come. I encourage everyone else who doesn't have the Kombat Pack to buy it if you playing to learn and win its the best route. If you are playing Kasually then by all means only buy who you like but you are missing out on classic skins, exclusive skins, early access to every DLC and early MU knowledge and tons of fun.