What's new

Will Mortal Kombat Ever go back to 2D?

Should MK go back to its 2D roots?

• Total voters
Lots of current games still do it, Marvel VS Capcom and stuff like that. There are some good 2D fighters out there. Its not impossible for the game to sell.

Now, Will Boon and Midway ever go back to making MK a 2D game series?

I could Care less about the story, BTW.

What do you guys think?

XL

Noob
They should have done it for Armageddon. It's not like they'd have a hard time making it look like a beautiful game. All these years later and the 2D Mortal Kombats are still pretty damn impressive because of it's realistic sprites. The only thing they'd have to improve is the graphics of the fatalities and remember to give each ninja a more unique look instead of recoloring them.

The fact is simply that Mortal Kombat can't keep up with any of the other 3D fighters currently out there by trying to beat them at their own game, so why not be unique and go back to the 2D sprites where Mortal Kombat truely shined?

Could you imagine how cool someone like Quan Chi or Bo Rai Cho would look in 2D form?

XL said:
They should have done it for Armageddon. It's not like they'd have a hard time making it look like a beautiful game. All these years later and the 2D Mortal Kombats are still pretty damn impressive because of it's realistic sprites. The only thing they'd have to improve is the graphics of the fatalities and remember to give each ninja a more unique look instead of recoloring them.

The fact is simply that Mortal Kombat can't keep up with any of the other 3D fighters currently out there by trying to beat them at their own game, so why not be unique and go back to the 2D sprites where Mortal Kombat truely shined?

Could you imagine how cool someone like Quan Chi or Bo Rai Cho would look in 2D form?

A very Balanced Trilogy Game.

MK Armageddon-2D remix...

I hope they do, I've never been a fan of the fighting system of the new ones, and would only play them to see the endings.

I remember them saying that they were going to change up the fighting system again for the next release. I'm not expecting a return to 2d, but hopefully a mix and the best of both worlds.

ZAQ

Noob
haha oops i clicked no cause i thought the question said will mk go back to 2d not should it haha my bad
Same here poop, well that is 2 of the 3 votes that says 3D MK is better.. lol

yea, I saw that when I first came in and im like wha?

Its 3 out of 12 votes, meaning someone legitly does not want MK to go back to 2D.

XL

Noob
lol, probably those who likes the broken aspect of the 3D versions.

I hope MK doesn't keep it's current system, especially air combos which are broken as hell.

dreemernj

Ambassador
Scheisse said:
haha oops i clicked no cause i thought the question said will mk go back to 2d not should it haha my bad
Same here poop, well that is 2 of the 3 votes that says 3D MK is better.. lol
The third vote for No is mine because I read the topic, which asks "Will it go back to 3D?" and voted before noticing the poll actually asks Should it go back to 3D?

itsatrap

just think if they did render graphics like gears of war with detialed graphics and backgrounds it would masterpiece, i would love to see the scales of reptile glimering from shadows of rendered graphics. i can just see it now.