What's new

Wifi Multiplayer Experience at Starbucks...

Protectobot

More Displacer Raiden, please! ;P
I wanted to mention I finally got to try online multiplayer using public wifi, and it seemed to work great: even when my connection said I had a signal strength of about 24%! We mostly stayed in the Atlantis stage (lol...seems everyone's aware it's one of the best stages), but I think we tried another one, too. I was playing against a super-cool guy in Michigan, and I'm in CA but it didn't seem to lag. I think the online timing's a bit different for doing meter-burn breath combos for Supes, but I was learning Bats combos for the first time and they seemed easier, by comparison. I lost to 2 of his characters and only won once. Mostly he was teaching me combos :) Interactables seemed to work fine in the game, too.

When I'd try to find random players online, I got no one, but when I friend-requested, that seemed to be the way to go! So maybe for now we could stick to private matches, but I dunno if that helps or matters. I couldn't find local players for IJ using that 'Near' gaming feature (mostly they were playing random games).

Protectobot

More Displacer Raiden, please! ;P
I wanted to mention as a separate follow-up that, now that I've tried playing online and .7 mbps upload and download speed via public wifi seems fine on my end, the wifi quality requirements being pretty basic, I'm gonna start uploading gameplay vids and I'll take requests, if possible! I'm new, so anything fancy with a specific character might be too hard for me for now, and I don't have any special editing equipment, but I'll try to make the vids relevant and helpful. I'm going to try to encourage new players and offline players to play online and do friend requests cos that seems like an easier way to find Vita IJ players :D

Last edited: