What's new

Strategy Why You Shouldn't Quit Matches When You're Getting Bodied

Ck AeroVoid

Mk Casual, KI God
I disagree 100%, if you chose to see it that way then that's your opinion, but most people don't. I remember when I started to get back into fighting games with MKX I played against a really great Cassie and they messaged me to ask me if I wanted to learn how to play her and they thought me how to be a better player overall. I never saw it as pretentious, if not for them I would have never have gotten to the level I am now.

It's not pretentious or condescending if you give the person honest feedback. People literally pay for this.
and you would probably be in love with D'Vora instead :eek::confused:

Rozalin1780

Good? Bad? I'm the one with the fans
Oh. My. Fucking. God.

Do not EVER do that. Regardless of how nice your intentions may be, if you beat and guy and then send him a message about what he did wrong, you are going to come across as a condescending, pretentious dickhead who's going out of your way to troll him. I would just reply back telling you to fuck off and then put you on ignore.

I do understand that you in now way mean it in that manner, but it would be difficult for me to see anyone interpreting it in a different way.
I did this to several people who I beat in MKX with nothing but fan spam. Some of them are now on my friend's list. /shrug

MalevolentFix

haha shokan queen go down up
Oh. My. Fucking. God.

Do not EVER do that. Regardless of how nice your intentions may be, if you beat and guy and then send him a message about what he did wrong, you are going to come across as a condescending, pretentious dickhead who's going out of your way to troll him. I would just reply back telling you to fuck off and then put you on ignore.

I do understand that you in now way mean it in that manner, but it would be difficult for me to see anyone interpreting it in a different way.
Lol.

Some people can't take criticism. If I absolutely shred someone, FLAWLESS on them even, and I know exactly what they have to do to keep that from happening again, I have an obligation to let them know what they aren't seeing. If they take it the wrong way that reflects on them as a person and player. If they take it the correct way, and adapt it into their gameplay, then I did my job and I just improved at least one player's game. That does everyone a favor. I would rather take the chance that this one guy thinks I'm a bitch, than never help other people develop as players.

Last edited:

xKMMx

Banned
Great advice. Plain and simple though. Some people that play fighting games are idiots and lazy as hell. I cant count the number of times ive played dudes who beat me 1 or 2 and after they win they are mashing the rematch button like they are trying to break the shit. But as soon as I adapt and beat them they are out.
Low self esteem and a feeling of being a loser in real life is most likely the biggest contributing factor to scrubby online behavior and trolling.

xKMMx

Banned
Great advice. Plain and simple though. Some people that play fighting games are idiots and lazy as hell. I cant count the number of times ive played dudes who beat me 1 or 2 and after they win they are mashing the rematch button like they are trying to break the shit. But as soon as I adapt and beat them they are out.
Low self esteem and a feeling of being a loser in real life is most likely the biggest contributing factor to scrubby online behavior and trolling.
I should also say as part of this no offense to those out there that fit the low self esteem or feeling like a loser category who use video games as an escape. Just kinda pointing out my theory on why so many people online ESPECIALLY in the Mk community are very toxic.

xKMMx

Banned
i got vaporized by cassie walkback guns d3 mid instant elbow 100-0 and then I got poked out of my fastest mid f4 by scorp d4 100 times , lost and then got teabagged and fatalitied.

Can I quit now?
[/QUOTE
Yea return the game too cause youre more than likely always gonna stay the same,

xKMMx

Banned
Oh. My. Fucking. God.

Nah bro its all about your perspective. If your pissy about losing you will more than liley be the kind of person that takes even a simple "ggs" message as a trolling attempt.
But one of the best thing that happened to me in the MKX days was a guy destroying me 9 or 10 straight in a mirror with my main. He reached out after and gave me some props on things I did well and then gave me his whole play book as well as inviting me to a practice online so he could help me correct mistakes I was making. He literally helped me learn fundamentals I hadn't even considered,

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
no one rq in ranked. casual play doesn't matter anyway so let people rq in these modes.
Casual play is practice for ranked, if people keep rage quitting and they enter ranked, what do you think they're gonna do? The same thing, because not controlling their anger has become a habit.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
When I play a game, I rematch until the opponent doesn't want to rematch anymore, whether I win or lose.
The only exception to this is if I feel I learn nothing from a match anymore, or if the connection is wonky.

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
When I play a game, I rematch until the opponent doesn't want to rematch anymore, whether I win or lose.
The only exception to this is if I feel I learn nothing from a match anymore, or if the connection is wonky.
Every time I read your posts I'll have to read them in Ed's voice.

Casual play is practice for ranked, if people keep rage quitting and they enter ranked, what do you think they're gonna do? The same thing, because not controlling their anger has become a habit.
no it's not because custom variations can't be used in ranked. it's not the same and if people don't want to git gut and just goof around, let them be.

the reason no one quits ranked is because the game only keeps track of the outcome of the whole set. so unless you are lowtiergod level of salt, you still try to win the game. for some fucked up reason this is not the case for casual play. a lot of people don't want to ruin their stats, even thou no one gives a shit about it. why does this game even show win/lose stats at all? it only gets worse and discourages people.

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
the reason no one quits ranked is because the game only keeps track of the outcome of the whole set. so unless you are lowtiergod level of salt, you still try to win the game. for some fucked up reason this is not the case for casual play. a lot of people don't want to ruin their stats, even thou no one gives a shit about it. why does this game even show win/lose stats at all? it only gets worse and discourages people.
Yeah I hate W/L ratios, DOA6 does it best IMO. You have your rank and that's it. I really hope that's what the Kombat league is.

Vslayer

Lead Moderator

He explains perfectly why people rage quit and why they don't want to put in the work. It's a long video, but it's so worth it. He talks about FPS games, but the way you can apply it to MK11 is how people just want easy wins, want to use braindead tactics and get that added number to their W/L ratio, because of how games don't give us enough challenges these days and basically give us the participation trophy of video games. In CoD, you get a kill for every 3 assists. Anyways, it's a good video to watch I'll add it to the OP.

Ck AeroVoid

Mk Casual, KI God

He explains perfectly why people rage quit and why they don't want to put in the work. It's a long video, but it's so worth it. He talks about FPS games, but the way you can apply it to MK11 is how people just want easy wins, want to use braindead tactics and get that added number to their W/L ratio, because of how games don't give us enough challenges these days and basically give us the participation trophy of video games. In CoD, you get a kill for every 3 assists. Anyways, it's a good video to watch I'll add it to the OP.
watching later for sure!

when it comes to participation trophys, forza horizon 4 was the worst. you can't lose in that game. even if you're last place the game will tell you how awesome you are and it marks the race as "won". you get a liiiiitle less credit points, which doesn't make any difference anyway. also the game has no normal online racing. you always have to race as a "team". what a load of horseshit. whats the point in winning if you can't lose? the worst thing is forza horizon 4 got a ton of awards. i was so hyped for that game. i don't think i was ever so dissapointet in a game.

lionheart21

Its Game Over, Man
When I get frustrated at my current level (still keep trying to rush down the opponent like I did in MK9 and MKX), I just remember that I'm still learning my characters and their match-ups, plus the fact that the game is only 3 weeks old and that I just need to keep labbing and get the basics mastered. I know how the game is supposed to play, its just a matter of applying it.

I keep also forgetting that part of my strategy of using AMP Nutpunch when being pressured won't work since there's no longer armor on enhanced moves.