What's new

Question - Warlock Why would you pick Warlock now over the other two?

Aramonde

Noob
After this patch i cant think of a reason why you would pick Warlock over the other two.

Before this the main reason you picked Warlock was for the armored low portal scoop to help with Quan's weak defense. But now they replaced it with armored move that whiffs a lot and even if it hits it might not do any damage if they guess right.

The second reason was to counter zoning with F3 but now the patch helped summoners already good zoning that it would better just to pick summoner and out zone the other guy.

There might be a few variations where Warlock may be the best choice but imo i think the patch made Warlock redundant.

After this patch i cant think of a reason why you would pick Warlock over the other two.

Before this the main reason you picked Warlock was for the armored low portal scoop to help with Quan's weak defense. But now they replaced it with armored move that whiffs a lot and even if it hits it might not do any damage if they guess right.

The second reason was to counter zoning with F3 but now the patch helped summoners already good zoning that it would better just to pick summoner and out zone the other guy.

There might be a few variations where Warlock may be the best choice but imo i think the patch made Warlock redundant.
Yep, that just happens to some variations.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
I almost entirely agree. But I'd like to point out a few things to people who may not get the memo;

First of all, I don't just feel this way just because I happen to play Warlock. IMO, Kung Lao also has this problem in every variation.

And this isn't just a quality of life thing like a certain other forum complaining that their perfectly functional armour that is + on block in two variations doesn't launch.

Given how unreliable EX Sky Drop is for the other variations, and given that EX Stab just flat out doesn't track, EX Scoop having armour really was THE reason why you played Warlock.

All of Warlock's other variation-specific moves are still buns.

- F3 is an alright counter-zoning tool/makeshift full screen punisher but still has tracking issues against meticulous forward/downward movement.

- Meterless scoop is still -5 on hit.

- Portal Grab (meterless DF2) hits mid yet whiffs on everyone barring a couple of big bodies whilst CROUCHING. It's only use is really as a combo ender and in some cases, is an inferior one to Rune due to being limited to use of 1,4 otherwise it'll whiff followed up from any other string.

- 21F3 still serves no purpose and actually gives Warlock in particular a worse version of the 21 string just to allow the following F3 to connect.

Now as far as all of the above is corncerned, I could let all of that go as long as Warlock's armour was remedied. The problem is initiating a reasonable and economic solution for Warlock.

- I've previously suggested making the tracking of EX Portal Stab similar to Inferno Scorpion's EX Low Minion, but that was when it's armour was only able to sustain one hit and was relatively easy to stuff. If it had that kind of tracking with 3 hits it'd be way too auto pilot IMO and would have to be made unsafe on block.

- Armour could be returned to EX Scoop, still only have 1 hit (since 11f is a tight window for most armor stuffing moves anyway), remain -20 on block and knockdown for 11% or whatever, also providing an option to meter burn for the launch with a 2nd bar (this shouldn't be too much trouble to implement as this is how the move originally functioned when it was part of the 12 string). Personally I'm not interested in having a 2 bar armoured launcher and I'm yet to see anyone actually use any of the ones that now exist unless it leads to the killing blow. The point is that Warlock would have the reliable armour move he otherwise can't muster.

However, the problem with the above is, Warlock would lose access to EX Scoop as a makeshift 11f 1 bar punisher. Alternatives to this could be to allow meterless scoop to be meter burned on hit for the launch (although maybe NRS doesn't like the idea that it could be thrown out in a random blockstring without having to commit to the meter) or improve one of Quan's strings exclusively for punishment purposes.

All in all, this is just my two penniesworth of the situation and I'll continue to get on with playing the game, if anyone at NRS wants to take any of this on board, I'll leave that up to them and we'll see what happens.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
I almost entirely agree. But I'd like to point out a few things to people who may not get the memo;

First of all, I don't just feel this way just because I happen to play Warlock. IMO, Kung Lao also has this problem in every variation.

....ETC
Very solid analysis, and it seems reasonable..