What's new

Why WIFI Sucks

Crusty

Retired forever; don’t ask for games.
you’re 7 years too late, everyone knows wifi is bad lol
I guarantee you nothing like what happened at the end ever happened before.

This is why I never promise games for mu experience anymore and am hesitant to play people in general. I wouldn't want what would happen to reo at the end in this video to happen to anybody because I'm on wifi.

Vigilante24

Beware my power, Red Lantern's Light
There is an option to decline.
Depending on the ping, no there isn't. I ran into an 80 ping wifi Superman and it wouldn't let me decline. Ingame however it jumped to 180-300 consistently and lost to that because breath was + a lot on block in that connection meaning F23 Breath was practically an infinite.

Wifi demons can't be fully avoided unless we are given the option to decline every single wifi player regardless of ping.

Cerbero

Always down for games.
I guarantee you nothing like what happened at the end ever happened before.

This is why I never promise games for mu experience anymore and am hesitant to play people in general. I wouldn't want what would happen to reo at the end in this video to happen to anybody because I'm on wifi.
I only watched a few mins, does his ps4/game not work anymore?

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
you’re 7 years too late, everyone knows wifi is bad lol

and sadly, they dont. We just had a thread.. yesterday? Or day before, I forget which, that had a couple people defending Wifi and saying its perfectly fine and those of us who think its suspect as hell are wrong and apparently just parroting some internet fallacy because we are too stupid to know better... except for all the studies/tests done by all the different publications and organizations that all show Wifi is prone to disruption and issue, etc.

He spends a ton of time playing a terribly laggy match, then it disconnects at the end and they both take a loss on their records.
You don't take a loss with that specific notification most likely either two got the win or nothing from the match. Later tho when his game stops that's when he prolly took an L

AkioOf100

I play Raph
wifi works like light. if you put light behind something very thicc you wont be able to see it on the other side. the more things the light comes in contact w/ the more faint it becomes.

the more people connected to the wifi, the more matter interfering with the wifi, the more (other) light coming in contact w/ the wifi (radio waves, etc.) will further cause the wifi to dysfunct.

The best thing to do is have your router right beside your PS4, but, if you have any other objects that absorb/interrupt with the flow of EM waves youre going to have connection issues. Period. And in that situation, where your router is right beside your PS4.. I think it would be redundant not to connect via ethernet. Better experience, easier access.

It's just science. Instead of being connected through the interpretation of waves of EM, the packets are digitally sent through the ethernet cable from the router / modem into the computer / gaming device. There are far less interruptions (if any) and you play with a much more smooth experience.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
wifi works like light. if you put light behind something very thicc you wont be able to see it on the other side. the more things the light comes in contact w/ the more faint it becomes.

the more people connected to the wifi, the more matter interfering with the wifi, the more (other) light coming in contact w/ the wifi (radio waves, etc.) will further cause the wifi to dysfunct.

The best thing to do is have your router right beside your PS4, but, if you have any other objects that absorb/interrupt with the flow of EM waves youre going to have connection issues. Period. And in that situation, where your router is right beside your PS4.. I think it would be redundant not to connect via ethernet. Better experience, easier access.

It's just science. Instead of being connected through the interpretation of waves of EM, the packets are digitally sent through the ethernet cable from the router / modem into the computer / gaming device. There are far less interruptions (if any) and you play with a much more smooth experience.
Thanks Professor Akio.

Why go through doing that mumbo jumbo when I can just plug a ethier net cable instrad

Cobainevermind87

Mid-match beer sipper
Why go through doing that mumbo jumbo when I can just plug a ethier net cable instrad
Not everyone can. If the gateway is at one end of the house/flat/apartment, running an ethernet cable all the way across isn't exactly ideal. Lots of places only have one entry line for cable, fiber optic, or god forbid DSL, so moving the gateway isn't even an option. So there's that.

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
Man I miss in I1there was a little ghetto trick if the opponent was too laggy

You would just hold in the char select screen and it would force a disconnect, obviously it wasn't intentional

But given the ability at all time to reject wifi would be sweet