What's new

Why Was Sonya Blade Broken? New Series from REO

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
Awsome idea for a series, didn't know MK0 Sonya was that strong.

I love that in any other game I'd question the dev's morality, but in MK9 I'm just like: "Yeah she broke, but Kabal's worse."

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Oh boy, get to fight Cyrax. Okay, he got a hit on me I can rec-and there's my lifebar
lol pretty much or KL's nonsense or Kabal's etc. Most people would get at least 60-70% on me with Cyrax if they knew what they were doing. But yeah that's always fun to deal with lol

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
I remember folks saying ''just njp that cartwheel broooooo'
Well, it does work...provided that Sonya doesn't decide to check you with an anti-air jab instead of doing the cartwheel. :DOGE

Essentially, she was a classic case of, "There's no learning this match-up. Guess right or die."

Whenever someone wants to say that MK9 is what MKX should have been, I simply point to the best characters in the game and go all, "MKX is exactly that, but the BS is more widespread in comparison."

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Spoiler Alert: not a lot of people played MK9, so your comment was not needed. That’s great that you knew, but don’t derail this thread with this nonsense. Thanks Bub
Yeah, I feel the main point of the series is directed at people who didn’t play all that much or at all. And to give those that did some nostalgia, lol. I didn’t play MK9 that much so I didn’t know a lot of this stuff. Great video.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Spoiler Alert: not a lot of people played MK9, so your comment was not needed. That’s great that you knew, but don’t derail this thread with this nonsense. Thanks Bub
Spoiler Alert: It was a Sonya Joke with the spoiler alert you lose quote. Calm your chesticles, sister.

Cursa

Counterpoke with armoured DB2 at all times.
I am blind and didn't play the game so I appreciate that I was able to see first hand the demolition that Sonya was able to unleash.

Also can't ever say no to a Reo video

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
Very interesting video. Great watch.

Not even a little bit sad that I missed out on mk9 - though I am sad to have missed out on the community at the time.

smile

Noob
surprised this thread didn't awaken the corpse of death. (for those who don't know him he was the biggest downplayer in existence until he disappeared and others took his mantle)

Saltea Moonspell

"Mind Over Matter" I dont mind, and X dont matter
By the time Paulo and crew starts to snore lines again before going for patching, REO will already have a complete series done to support those fuckheads x