What's new

Why Tournament Standard Console is PS4?

Evil Canadian

G O K U
Premium Supporter
ps4 is the dominant console cause it has the fighting games

you aint playing guilty gear, kof, or sf on xbox

and nobody gives a good goddamn about KI no matter how many people delude themselves.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
I wish KI wasn't an Xbox exclusive. It's actually a pretty dope game, I feel like it would have stuck around more on PS4.

Legion DC

"Another weakling..."
Since the debut of XBOX in late 2001 critics hyped and labeled the console as the First Person Shooter console. Also, saying the complete design of the controller is more suitable to play 1st person shooter games.
Therefore, I don't think Microsoft had fighting games in mind from the start of their journey.
Now, in 2017 I still believe XBOX isn't the go to console to play fighting games., and KI is an exclusive.
--But so, what?! The majority doesn't feel comfortable playing fighting games on the XB system controller alone from the start. Thats it.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Being forced to play on 360 pad for so long, how dare anyone say PS4 or XB1 dpad is "bad". You can prefer one over the other, but neither are bad. If you can't do something on these controllers it's because YOU are bad.

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
With the XBox One X coming really soon, these two points may no longer be true. That console will be a beast, and the days of PS4 running games better and having a higher resolution will be over.
doesn't matter, 4k is a bust. I'm not spending 500 dollars on new systems where I have a system that does 1080p just fine.

We dont even use 4k monitors. We won't play at 4k for years to come, until the technology catches up and makes it lagless. Right now we still have games that play better at 720p for crying out loud.

Thingy

Retired account
doesn't matter, 4k is a bust. I'm not spending 500 dollars on new systems where I have a system that does 1080p just fine.

We dont even use 4k monitors. We won't play at 4k for years to come, until the technology catches up and makes it lagless. Right now we still have games that play better at 720p for crying out loud.
But those who have XBox Ones will be more than happy for the upgrade. And people can no longer say the PS4 is alpha when it comes to resolution. The One X will have just as good resolution or better.

JesterSMX

It's too laggy to poke...
I have both and haven't played a game on xbox since MKX ESL. It's great as a living room roku type device but for games my preference is ps4. Controllers are based off preference as well but because I use the ball of my thumb I think the ps4 is better for me.

LaidbackOne

Scrubby nice guy
Are you people seriously arguing about 4k shit an XBAWKX ONE XXXZZZ.
Grow the fuck up, its a tournament standard because:
-Street Figter V
-Better sales
Guess you gotta live with it.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
PS4 doesn't lock the UI while downloading an update, last time i checked XBOX1 it felt like PS3 in that aspect, which is bad, specially in a country like mine where 1GB and beyond can take hours. I can just keep playing the last update until the new one is ready to install.

The weight of the XBOX1 its not suitable to carry around either.

And last but not least, i feel sorry for KI for being an XBOX1 exclusive.

Somea2V

Thread Referee
PS4 doesn't lock the UI while downloading an update, last time i checked XBOX1 it felt like PS3 in that aspect, which is bad, specially in a country like mine where 1GB and beyond can take hours. I can just keep playing the last update until the new one is ready to install.
As I don't own a PS4, could someone explain what you mean by locking the UI? I'm sure it's something I'm already aware of but haven't heard that term for it. Or it's just a dumb moment for me. Those do happen.

Thingy

Retired account
Are you people seriously arguing about 4k shit an XBAWKX ONE XXXZZZ.
Grow the fuck up, its a tournament standard because:
-Street Figter V
-Better sales
Guess you gotta live with it.
You are repeating what others have already said. Good job man.

No one is arguing about 4k. I was just addressing one point, and that was on the topic of resolution and hardware. I work too damn much to even fool myself into believing I can even compete in tournaments with dudes who spend 8-10 hours a day on a video game...honestly I do not give one shit about which consoles get tournaments.

Telling people to grow up as you come off as an emotionally immature child about something this insignificant is funny to me. Actually, you strike me as an emotionally immature manchild in the majority of your posts

LaidbackOne

Scrubby nice guy
You are repeating what others have already said. Good job man.

No one is arguing about 4k. I was just addressing one point, and that was on the topic of resolution and hardware. I work too damn much to even fool myself into believing I can even compete in tournaments with dudes who spend 8-10 hours a day on a video game...honestly I do not give one shit about which consoles get tournaments.

Telling people to grow up as you come off as an emotionally immature child about something this insignificant is funny to me. Actually, you strike me as an emotionally immature manchild in the majority of your posts
Repeating? Maybe but if you think that I read all the previous posts in a thread you are horribly mistaken.
Don't really care what you think to be honest. If it comes to consoles, it is how it is. Nobody cares about 10000 teraflops.
Oh and thanks for the psychoanalysis based on posts taken from an internet forum, lol.

Being forced to play on 360 pad for so long, how dare anyone say PS4 or XB1 dpad is "bad". You can prefer one over the other, but neither are bad. If you can't do something on these controllers it's because YOU are bad.
I completely agree. I don't think the XB1 or PS4 pads are great by any means, but compared to the 360 pad they're a fucking godsend. If you don't have a converter, the PS4 and XB1 pads are more than enough to make do.

Thingy

Retired account
Repeating? Maybe but if you think that I read all the previous posts in a thread you are horribly mistaken.
Don't really care what you think to be honest. If it comes to consoles, it is how it is. Nobody cares about 10000 teraflops.
Oh and thanks for the psychoanalysis based on posts taken from an internet forum, lol.
Nobody cares? I quoted a guy who said he is more of a "tech master race". He should care which is why I responded talking about the One X. And there are a lot of people who care about tech.

And you are welcome for the psychoanalysis...the first one is free. ;)

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
As I don't own a PS4, could someone explain what you mean by locking the UI? I'm sure it's something I'm already aware of but haven't heard that term for it. Or it's just a dumb moment for me. Those do happen.
Not sure if MS already changed already, but last time i checked XBOX1 had to way an update to fully download and install before playing game or being able to do anything with the console, we had this in PS3 and it used to be a huge pain in the ass wait to do anything else.

The PS4 update, upload and DL system won't free and say wait for something to fully download or upload in order to do anything, so you can play any game watch any video, browse anything, rune any app while anything else is download or uploading, i think its like p2p system or something.

The only times where you have to wait is when copying files from the system into a USB port, rendering videos edited on the console, trimming vids.

But when a new update for a game like a patch drops, we just continue to play the older version until the new patch is ready to install.

I felt like MS was really far behind in this aspect, and was really hoping they changed this with a future update, it was so 2013 lol.

JDM

Noob
How people can prefer the Xbone pad over the Ps4 pad for fighters is beyond me. Do you guys use the analog stick or something wtf

I couldn't even do QCF motion in KI with that shitty pad. Abysmal dpad and mediocre analog stick. Stick probably better than PS4's but not that much.

Sasuga

Noob
Not to argue but I find the pad on Xbox horrible, way too bulky for my taste.
I stopped playing MKX because of that horrendous PS4 pad. I preferred the Xbox One pad. It's bulky but I have big hands. And all of my older peripherals no longer worked on PS4. Really miss my hitbox for NRS games.

UGL Preon

The Casual God
Same Reason people don't Hold big time FGC majors in Alaska. The audience is not primarily there. Especially when PS4 got Guilty Gear, Street Fighter, and other anime fighters only on PS4 its easier. If Killer Instinct was a Killer App type of game maybe we'd have more.