What's new

Why Soul Shattering War Club Is up to par and V3 Does Need It/Mini Spawn Guide

SHAOLIN

内部冲突
Hi guys! I got another tech video for you that deals with Spawn's War Klub special.

As you can see with a little micro back-walk you can't be punish for throwing the move out. Now I didn't check the whole roster, but I did do a process of elimination to figure out which character can/can't punish War Klub and it went with something like this:

1. Does my opponent have a command normal(s) that reaches character length and beyond?
  2. Does my opponent have forward advance special?
With the first question may require more labbing because for an example Jax's F1(?) does reach character length but because of War Klub push-back it makes his F1 whiff for Spawn's 11(Hold)B2 KB to hit and for question two it should be pretty easy to figure out which character has these type of special moves.

Scorpion
Sindel
Kollector
Jax
Kung Lao
Terminator

While I did personally test these characters out, I encourage you guys to check behind my work to make sure, also I didn't test for Fatal Blows since they're only available once certain requirement are met.

Lol, great title. I agree. I think V3 does need it. I wish they would have made DB3 in V3 a different input and gave him the restand. If that was the case, I'd play V3 all day.

Professor Oak

Are you a boy or girl?
So this works on 6 characters? Great.

Sarcasm aside, good to know. With how much space Spawn controls and how meter regens naturally, Ill probably rarely want to use this, especially since you are being punished when youre slightly too close there in practice mode. However it looks like it could be safe from a max distance 34 or f2? That could be useful.

Sage Leviathan

I'm platinum mad!
For clarity: in order to punish it you have to block the war club, dash in, and flawless block the 2nd hit. Only 12f reversals or 11f far normals like Jade's b2 will work. At max distance (where the move is regularly blocked) it's not a realistic punish.

SHAOLIN

内部冲突
However it looks like it could be safe from a max distance 34 or f2? That could be useful.
Any attempt to close the distance after blocking a spaced-out war klub, spawn can just back dash and use 34 to check them.

Did that a lot to Sindel players.

For clarity: in order to punish it you have to block the war club, dash in, and flawless block the 2nd hit. Only 12f reversals or 11f far normals like Jade's b2 will work. At max distance (where the move is regularly blocked) it's not a realistic punish.
Not gonna lie but I was hella confused at first when I was reading your reply but I understand now lol