What's new

Why Soul Shattering War Club Is Sub Par and T2 Doesn't Need It/Mini Spawn Guide

Dante

Noob
His dive kick is TRASH. His 34 game is viable in V2 with 34 xx BF1 Amplified. He forfeits damage and gets nothing else to replace it. Damage isn't everything, but when you get no tools to replace the damage then it becomes a problem. The low parry is average at best, guns are absolutely useless, dive kick is complete garbage. Who are you playing at high level because I play at a high level and have talked to people that do and dive kick is complete a utter dog crap.
Dive kick is fine. Does exactly what its supposed to do which is jump over projectile punish. Also no v2 cant play 34 vs most of the roster.

Dive kick is fine. Does exactly what its supposed to do which is jump over projectile punish. Also no v2 cant play 34 vs most of the roster.
V2 most definitely can play 34 against the entire cast. I do it all the time. V3 plays the exact same 34 game V2 plays and I just watched a video of Grr playing V3 and he was abusing 34 xx BF1 Amp every game. Even if it couldn't, that is one aspect of the character not the entire gameplan. Also, if V2 couldn't, that doesn't warrant V1 being better.

This is a fact from experience, not an objective point of view.

DeftMonk

Noob
His dive kick is TRASH. His 34 game is viable in V2 with 34 xx BF1 Amplified. He forfeits damage and gets nothing else to replace it. Damage isn't everything, but when you get no tools to replace the damage then it becomes a problem. The low parry is average at best, guns are absolutely useless, dive kick is complete garbage. Who are you playing at high level because I play at a high level and have talked to people that do and dive kick is complete a utter dog crap.
full agree with this. Low parry is pos. Only thing good is if u read a d3/d4 and get KB. ex guns is a high aka good player with any matchup knowledge will feed you a full combo. If you get life lead you can play keep out but if you let them get life lead wtf do u do? Dive kick is hella buns and people that get hit by it are the same ones jumping willy nilly and letting u blast them out of the sky or standing 3 aa non stop. I wanted to like this variation but... its kinda like the 2nd shang variation. .. if people have knowledge of the variation waaay too many holes for no real benefit other than some wack 50/50 that is death on block or 120 damage for a bar.

All this guys posts are spot on lol I originally assumed v1 could be some kinda keepout power house but.... most of the time if i dive kick I just hit noobs. bf1 unless i use it buffered with standing 3 as a keepout incase they came in or forward jumped...would be better serve to just aa then combo. Also that projectile parry i usually end up soaking a projectile and just cancelling it. If im close enough to KB no one good really throws projectiles.

full agree with this. Low parry is pos. Only thing good is if u read a d3/d4 and get KB. ex guns is a high aka good player with any matchup knowledge will feed you a full combo. If you get life lead you can play keep out but if you let them get life lead wtf do u do? Dive kick is hella buns and people that get hit by it are the same ones jumping willy nilly and letting u blast them out of the sky or standing 3 aa non stop. I wanted to like this variation but... its kinda like the 2nd shang variation. .. if people have knowledge of the variation waaay too many holes for no real benefit other than some wack 50/50 that is death on block or 120 damage for a bar.

All this guys posts are spot on lol I originally assumed v1 could be some kinda keepout power house but.... most of the time if i dive kick I just hit noobs. bf1 unless i use it buffered with standing 3 as a keepout incase they came in or forward jumped...would be better serve to just aa then combo. Also that projectile parry i usually end up soaking a projectile and just cancelling it. If im close enough to KB no one good really throws projectiles.
There are some character that throw projectile in neutral around the range the parry will KB and sometimes I can get a dash and do it and get it, but it isn't something you're going to get often.