What's new

General/Other Why so much Smoke hate?

Scrubs don't like scrub smokes.

(not saying you're scrubby. this is just how they think)

They don't like having to block a bomb on wakeup. Less mashing for them. They also generally don't know how to deal with random tps.

fleshmasher

i got the poison
Playing online i myself feel like a scrubby Smoke, i wouldn't like to play me online sometimes lol.
On a bad connection when i win i feel like i adapted, in a really bad way.
I do practice mode, develope strategies and online it all flies out of the window because i mess up punishment, wakeup, NJP and whatever.
On a good connection it's ok, but on a bad one it sux to play with smoke as well as vs smoke...

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
Stop playing online altogether. It develops really bad habits. I cut way back on my online matches.

King

Sig Maker
Most of the hate on Smoke comes from what people see online from him. Most Smoke players online know ZERO combos, spam the teleport punch, and just act like jumpy assholes. So naturally, if all you are exposed to and play is online play, you'll develop a hatred for him.

his intro line is SO cheesy, I can't stand it.

That is my only complaint.
its so cheesy its awesome:D
Smoke is supposed to be played scrubby he is a counter/zoning character just play keep away and throw smoke bombs, teleport close jump over jp combo juggle into big damage.

Lyuben

Sinestro's might!
Smoke is a very common character. So people get tired of him. Some are angry that they cant zone him. Some are angry that he can punish them with smoke bomb. Basically: If Jax was really strong, but you only faced him once in 500 matches. You would not whine. But when Smoke is strong (and he is) and you face him 1 in 3 matches, you get pissed.

VRbrada

Noob
i cant understand you guys realy!i mean my main problem with smoke was in the first week that i dint have used to block and punish his block!its not raiden which he is prety imba online!cause of the slight delay his teleport becomes very very very hard to react!i mean if you cant block and punish his random teleports that noobs are spaming then its not smoke your problem,its your self!also his bnb combo can be jumped!and if you are not fast enough there to jump or to jp first then again its not smoke your problem its yourselfs!when i first played smoke (he is one of my mains)i though omg this player is imba but then i saw kang lao,ermac,good kabals,raidens(omg!raidens...hate them!bliach)!smokes true benefit its not his bnb or smoke bob!(if the noobs spam smoke bomb just teleport or if you dont have teleport just trade his smoke bob with a projectile!you will do more dmg and he will not have the time to recover and combo you its that simple!yeap!that simple)his true skill is that he is makeing the rules !his is the rule master of every match !he doesnt play by the rules of others he makes his own rules!what?you gona spam eh punk?shake!ok now spamer ?what you gonna rushe me?ex shake!ok punk?oh you are one of the jump in ones eh rabbit?air throw ok?i cant come closer to you safe cause you block move all the time!forward smoke and throw!and also his has 39% meterles midscreen combo!:D!his plays vs any ANY opponent 50%50!he doesnt have an anti smoke(maybey a good kabal has slight chance against him i say 60% and 40% for smoke win)

TheChad_87

Bad Reputation
I actually think Smoke has quite a few match-ups that put him at disadvantage:

Cyber Sub, Cyrax, Johnny Cage, Kabal, Raiden, & Sub-Zero to name a few (not sure about the Kung Lao or Sonya match-up) ... I would say those are 40-60 at worst though

KOA CAPONE

KING OF kINGS
use to main smoke put him on the back burner hes my number 2 but the only problem i had with smoke characters when he runs away just dash block they will tel or try to rush u down smoke is all mind games

VRbrada

Noob
I actually think Smoke has quite a few match-ups that put him at disadvantage:

Cyber Sub, Cyrax, Johnny Cage, Kabal, Raiden, & Sub-Zero to name a few (not sure about the Kung Lao or Sonya match-up) ... I would say those are 40-60 at worst though
nah..i agree only with raiden!he is a bad match-up for all the fighters!lol!fucking over powered teleport!anyways i will agree also for johny cage i think hm..yea!but not a big cap!