What's new

Why Skarlet's 212 Combo Can Be Inconsistent and How To Practice

Mormel

Noob

It's a combo you have to time obviously. If you press the next string too early your input can get eaten. But it's possible to input the 44 late enough to not get eaten, but soon enough for it to whiff anyway. Making this combo easier to mess up if you're freaking out or a newer player. Here's how to practice it and a deeper look at why this happens.

If you have any questions or if there's anything else you'd like me to cover with Skarlet that's troubling you just let me know!

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Or they could just give her better gravity on fall for 212 and some of her hits such as 4, standing1 and 1,2 string.

I never once practised Nightwolf's juggles, sonya's juggles, noobs juggles or even Scorpion juggles, but Skarlet i have to practice how to do 212 repetitions, and 44~tentacles for a year and it still not consistent, this means that combo to a certain extent wasn't designed to be consistent which sucks. She has to guess as twice to get a good combo going, she has to guess twice midscreen when she punishes with f43 ex db3, while some other characters will do much bigger combos from any punish that connects specials.

Mormel

Noob
Or they could just give her better gravity on fall for 212 and some of her hits such as 4, standing1 and 1,2 string.

I never once practised Nightwolf's juggles, sonya's juggles, noobs juggles or even Scorpion juggles, but Skarlet i have to practice how to do 212 repetitions, and 44~tentacles for a year and it still not consistent
It was designed to be consistent, but it was overtuned. I never bothered mentioning this in the video but a patch after the game launcher adjusted the height the opponent gained after the second 212's launch to make the 44 land with a larger window of input. According to my video, it's pretty obvious that this added height gain was overtuned. Because now the opponent actually gets flung up too high, high enough to make the 44 whiff if done too early.

This results in making the combo fairly wonky to execute consistently, but I hope that my video shows you how to never worry about this problem again.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
It was designed to be consistent, but it was overtuned. I never bothered mentioning this in the video but a patch after the game launcher adjusted the height the opponent gained after the second 212's launch to make the 44 land with a larger window of input. According to my video, it's pretty obvious that this added height gain was overtuned. Because now the opponent actually gets flung up too high, high enough to make the 44 whiff if done too early.

This results in making the combo fairly wonky to execute consistently, but I hope that my video shows you how to never worry about this problem again.
Let me show you something
+Stealth buff
The last hit of 212 now launches character slightly higher on hit, you can connect 44 into tentacle or fatal blow much easier, this is a general buff so it helps heart pierce connect tentacle much easier after 212, 212 repitions, it also buffs her combo in the corner making, 212, 4~bf3 amp, 1, 2 slightly easier to land.

- stealth nerfs
Jump kick nerfed, easier to anti air
advantage of foward throw nerfed, used to give a meaty tentatcle

So yes, i don't need to see your video to understand what you're talking about, we knew about since the patch day, but sadly doesn't make her combo consistent, it just makes slightly easer to land, but not consistent., the fact that you have to practice for timing or even make a tutorial on how to do the damn combo just shows it.

But Skarlet has other issues at hand which is what i hope NRS focus on in future patches.