What's new

Why Noob breaks himself

DoDaMuSiC

Ermac ftw
It's not ridiculous, it's fact. Geras is broken, period. I've beaten Kabal and Cyrax with mid tiers all the time in MK 9 with guys like Sektor, Ermac and Scorpion. Want me to show you again? Good luck beating Geras with a mid in MK 11, haha. MK 9 KL was patched a bunch of times because he was broken, at the end he wasn't as OP stupid as vanilla MK 9 KL but still very OP, he was the braindead character of MK 9. You must be a Geras player or you don't recognize the flaws of MK 11. But hey I'll believe you once you show me lower tiered characters beating Geras.
This is wrong for so many reasons, he’s no where near broken, in fact hes not even top3 in this current patch (johnny, cetrion and jacqui are a lot better than him).
Geras hasn’t won a single tourney so far, and i doubt that in like 20 something tourneys so far all times a geras player got eliminated was by the hands of another top tier and not a single time by a mid/low one, just look it up any tourney top 8s and you will see that.

Having geras as one of the most broken character in mk history is one of the most laughable thing I’ve seen in this site and my guess is that you are probably butthurt that some random geras has been beating you in this game

NSR

Also known as Futuretime23
Even on this list he's got twelve matchups that are 8-2 or 7-3, and has no matchups he does not win. He wins evey matchup in the entire game. That's insane, and Geras is not even in the same category.

I don't even think this is up for debate. There's absolutely no character in MK11 on that level.
? I wasn't debating MK11 (hell I didn't play it and don't have much of an interest in that game), I was just correcting you on a few things, and no, he only has 3 8-2 MUs, and 9 7-3 ones. Yes I know you added them together to get to 12, but I split them apart since an 8-2 is an infinitely worse situation than 7-3, to the point it deserves to be labelled apart. Also "and has no matchups he does not win. He wins evey matchup in the entire game. " Yeah, I said that as well but not to compare to Geras, just to point out one of the main reasons Kabal was seen as so good in spite of Kenshi and Sonya outperfoming him in several mus (as stated earlier)

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
This is wrong for so many reasons, he’s no where near broken, in fact hes not even top3 in this current patch (johnny, cetrion and jacqui are a lot better than him).
Geras hasn’t won a single tourney so far, and i doubt that in like 20 something tourneys so far all times a geras player got eliminated was by the hands of another top tier and not a single time by a mid/low one, just look it up any tourney top 8s and you will see that.

Having geras as one of the most broken character in mk history is one of the most laughable thing I’ve seen in this site and my guess is that you are probably butthurt that some random geras has been beating you in this game
No it's not. Yes he is broken. He has safe strings, a SF like cross up, heavy damage, a move that zones and anti zones with insanely stupid fast recovery, a buff and is strong up close and far. He's broken. He's definitely top 3, Jacqui is good up close but Geras is just as good. Cetrion is good but would say it's about the same as Geras and Johnny is only a threat up close, unlike Geras who is a threat no matter where he is. The fact that Geras hasn't a won at tourney means nothing, people complained a ton about Cyrax in MK 9 yet he hardly won any tourneys. That doesn't define if a character is OP or not. What's laughable are people who deny that he's broken and still a stupid character. Who says he beats me? I zone him out with Jade most of the time a much lower character mind you, I'm just not lame and depend on broke tier, S tier characters like most tryhards in KL do. You're obviously a Geras player lol, that's funny. Geras players tend to suck without him I've noticed. LOL@ Geras being 5-5 vs most of the roster....sure. I beat Kabal all the time with mid tiers WITH horrible lag mind you. Geras is actually more powerful with lag as if he wasn't safe already.

@Arqwart has made very solid points as well on here why he's a stupid character, you're just biased because you're a Geras player. yawn

Metzos

You will BOW to me!

Are we seriously bringing up MK9 online? Rofl. Ermac's TKP was unblockable in an online enviroment, same with SZ and Reptile's slides, JC shadow kick, Jax dash punch etc. Plz get serious.

Kabal had a block infinite on characters who couldnt duck his s2 ndc iirc.

Cyrax had almost death unbreakable combos.

MKf saying he could beat anyone online does not say or prove anything.

Geras, compared to the monsters of MK9, is a faaaaar away from being "broken" lol.

Last edited:

MKF30

Im glad you didnt actually read what I said metzos random Greek player right? Yeah...hows that working out for ya? Also ermac and reptile weren't broke, please stop...rep was highly punishable on reaction and ermac was not op at all he was mid. Only the first few days on launch was he strong but he got nerfed fast.

Yeah geras is worse than everyone in mk 9 except kabal but go on YouTube theres tons of vids showing or showing why geras is broke stupid character. Lol@ shills here defending geras....No matter how much you geras players want to defend him, wont change the fact that most still feel Mk9 is still a better, more popular game and that's something you cant change. And ermacs push could be blocked so idk what drugs you're on, being safe is not the same as unblockable lol. That being said I'd much rather face kabal, kl or cyrax in mk 9 any day over the bs in mk 11 like geras.

Qwark28, well your quote and pic are definitely appropriate since you are a Joker....do you ever get tired of being a troll? The only delusional person here is you guy, we are all "online warriors" technically since everyone here came from online but unlike you I've actually played the older MKs in the arcades but you most likely dont know what that is so. I'm flattered you still feel the need to post in topics you have no knowledge of. Amusing but not surprising.

Last edited:

DoDaMuSiC

Ermac ftw
No it's not. Yes he is broken. He has safe strings, a SF like cross up, heavy damage, a move that zones and anti zones with insanely stupid fast recovery, a buff and is strong up close and far.
Kabal has all of that as well, i guess he’s top 3 and broken too?

He's broken. He's definitely top 3, Jacqui is good up close but Geras is just as good. Cetrion is good but would say it's about the same as Geras and Johnny is only a threat up close, unlike Geras who is a threat no matter where he is.
Jacqui is definitely better up close, and she’s always up close with a safe dash punch and all the flying shenanigans.
Cetrion is undisputedly the best character in the game who only lacks damage to be completely broken with all her zoning, staggers, top 3 best aa in the game and a broken teleport that puts her full screen when you somehow manages to get to her.
“Johnny is only a threat up close” ???????? The most braindead thing about this character is his zoning lmfao, on top on that zoning a very strong rushdown game as well, and he has a variation with 50% unbreakable combos.
In any moment i said geras isn’t top tier lmfao in fact hes right there at number 4 right after all those 3 characters.

Who says he beats me? I zone him out with Jade most of the time a much lower character mind you, I'm just not lame and depend on broke tier, S tier characters like most tryhards in KL do.
Didn’t you just ask earlier about how low tier characters cant beat geras yet you are winning against him with emerald defender, which btw is like a 7-3 mu in his favor?
Also a big LOL talking about tryhards in kl yet laming out zone with jade lmfao.

You're obviously a Geras player lol, that's funny. Geras players tend to suck without him I've noticed. LOL@ Geras being 5-5 vs most of the roster....sure.
Where the hell did i say he goes 5-5 with most of the roster? I said he had 9 5-5 mus and 2 losing ones in a roster with 28 characters lmfao you just making things up.
Yeah im a geras player, and if you want we can play whenever and i will use anyone else but him and we can see if i suck without him ;)

MKF30

DoDaMuSic : Kabal doesnt have anti zoning tool like geras sandtrap. Hes safe on nearly everything but doesnt have a move where you cant move like geras or has geras's damage or a buff that geras has let's just ignore all that right? Kabal gets punished bad on dash block and can even be outzoned if you play smart. You're not going to outzone geras unless you stay in the air and keep him far which is a bitch so long as he has sandtrap with dumb fast recovery.

While i agree that jacqui is one of the most bs characters up close her dash punch can at least be ducked and punished. How many moves does geras have that can be punished exactly? As a jade player I've literally done ia glaives at the same time he does sandtrap and can still recover and block. That is so broken lol. Most characters you commit to a move you should get punished if whiffs or misses but not mr. Domehead.

As good as cetrion is would have to disagree I've beaten cetrion with two raiden which ask anyone is nearly impossible to do vs geras hell sonic struggles with Raidens best variation vs geras, you think his other two inferior variations will do better? Lmao....yeah good luck with that. I've also beaten or competed against good cetrions with jade, again is a struggle vs geras. If she can keep him away she can win but once he gets in on her its over.

Lol dude his zoning is good but gets killed by jade and Sonya, you kidding? I've done it, yet up close his show stopper is braindead with his dumb pressure, frame traps, jails and cancels. I'd rather deal with him from a far with jade or Sonya anyday over fighting him up close like jax, geras and jacqui just another dumb character up close.

That's debatable I consider geras top 3 at least but still top 5 proves my point, I never said hes the only dumb character In this game but hes def one of them.

How is zoning with jade lame.vs a busted dumb character with more tools than a swiss army knife? Lol jade is a one trick pony in ed with zoning, she has no good combos, damage, shes weak af up close and has only one safe string as oppose to geras where his 11 bs strings are all safe af. And again he can zone and anti zone. Hypocritical much? Lol yeah I can beat him if I stay in the air Nd stay away lol. I have to zone cause ask any jade player fight geras up close ha yeah that'll work out REAL well for her....not.

Also you do know skarlet, cetrion, geras and scorp destroy jade right? Lol I'd rather face jades than geras in kl any day pal. I can beat jades with low tier raiden far more consistently in tw. That shit ain't happening vs geras lol. If so show me.
Just saying what you said not making things up. And proof of 5-5 vs 9 characters? Geras players downplaying that shit lol. I use 4 characters 3 of which are solid characters the other two are mids or low. Who else do you use? My main is raiden and jade, they getting demi god in kl just using them vs geras itll enlighten you.

Also, umm when did I say you suck exactly? I just said most people I play in KL who are tryhards tend to use the best or most OP characters like I always get counterpicked by either Geras, Scorpion, Jax, Jacqui, Cage, Kabal or KL. It's mostly the first 4 though. I just find it hilarious because people well, I should say a few people I won't list names just a few people seem to think that "only MK 9 has OP characters and MK 11 is more balanced" yet that's funny because I got more variety in that game online than in this game. Go figure. :D

Last edited:

DoDaMuSiC

Ermac ftw
DoDaMuSic : Kabal doesnt have anti zoning tool like geras sandtrap. Hes safe on nearly everything but doesnt have a move where you cant move like geras or has geras's damage or a buff that geras has let's just ignore all that right? Kabal gets punished bad on dash block and can even be outzoned if you play smart. You're not going to outzone geras unless you stay in the air and keep him far which is a bitch so long as he has sandtrap with dumb fast recovery.

While i agree that jacqui is one of the most bs characters up close her dash punch can at least be ducked and punished. How many moves does geras have that can be punished exactly? As a jade player I've literally done ia glaives at the same time he does sandtrap and can still recover and block. That is so broken lol. Most characters you commit to a move you should get punished if whiffs or misses but not mr. Domehead.

As good as cetrion is would have to disagree I've beaten cetrion with two raiden which ask anyone is nearly impossible to do vs geras hell sonic struggles with Raidens best variation vs geras, you think his other two inferior variations will do better? Lmao....yeah good luck with that. I've also beaten or competed against good cetrions with jade, again is a struggle vs geras. If she can keep him away she can win but once he gets in on her its over.

Lol dude his zoning is good but gets killed by jade and Sonya, you kidding? I've done it, yet up close his show stopper is braindead with his dumb pressure, frame traps, jails and cancels. I'd rather deal with him from a far with jade or Sonya anyday over fighting him up close like jax, geras and jacqui just another dumb character up close.

That's debatable I consider geras top 3 at least but still top 5 proves my point, I never said hes the only dumb character In this game but hes def one of them.

How is zoning with jade lame.vs a busted dumb character with more tools than a swiss army knife? Lol jade is a one trick pony in ed with zoning, she has no good combos, damage, shes weak af up close and has only one safe string as oppose to geras where his 11 bs strings are all safe af. And again he can zone and anti zone. Hypocritical much? Lol yeah I can beat him if I stay in the air Nd stay away lol. I have to zone cause ask any jade player fight geras up close ha yeah that'll work out REAL well for her....not.

Also you do know skarlet, cetrion, geras and scorp destroy jade right? Lol I'd rather face jades than geras in kl any day pal. I can beat jades with low tier raiden far more consistently in tw. That shit ain't happening vs geras lol. If so show me.
Just saying what you said not making things up. And proof of 5-5 vs 9 characters? Geras players downplaying that shit lol. I use 4 characters 3 of which are solid characters the other two are mids or low. Who else do you use? My main is raiden and jade, they getting demi god in kl just using them vs geras itll enlighten you.

Also, umm when did I say you suck exactly? I just said most people I play in KL who are tryhards tend to use the best or most OP characters like I always get counterpicked by either Geras, Scorpion, Jax, Jacqui, Cage, Kabal or KL. It's mostly the first 4 though. I just find it hilarious because people well, I should say a few people I won't list names just a few people seem to think that "only MK 9 has OP characters and MK 11 is more balanced" yet that's funny because I got more variety in that game online than in this game. Go figure. :D
First of all, you do realize that you beating top tier characters using low tier ones doesn’t mean anything right? The game is too balanced to not allow it, its completely ok for someone like shao or raiden beat cetrions and johnnys.
Especially when some of mus is on the low tier character favor despite the top tier being much better overall (i.e Cold - Catwoman on inj2).
Now good luck trying to beat Kabals and Kenshis with Jade or Sheeva in mk9.

Also you cant discuss that this game isn’t more balanced than mk9 lmfao, mk11 doesn’t have any 9-1 or 8-2 mus like mk9, and have very few 7-3s as well, that speaks balanced to me.
Also I recommend you to look at @TheJaxLife ’s top 8 usage on pro kompetition, you will be surprised on how many different characters/variations were used.
And in case you didn’t convince yourself yet, look at Jade winning a pro kompetition tourney (forgot the name) Dvorah making grand finals on Celtic Throwdown and Dreamhack Montreal, and Kollector alone making grand finals of NEC (three characters considered low tiers)

And yeah, you didn’t say I suck specifically, you said geras players in general, so that includes me lmao but whatever

MKF30

DoDaMusic: Depends, I mean in terms of life? No it means nothing. In terms of skill level of the game, yeah it means the person using the lower tier has a harder job to do since the odds are stacked against them so if for instance there's a serious match or tourney match whatever, and one person is bragging while using one of the most OP characters in the FG vs the other guy who go there using one of the lowest or a lower mid etc, I would personally give more props to the latter player because let's face it be it tourneys or KL whatever, if someone wants to win they don't want to use a lower character or can't be bothered because they know their chances are slim and it's actually a lot more work to put in to win with that character. MK 11 isn't that balanced, there's certain characters like Geras way OP, KB's and FB's are broken and unbalanced, loads of people have said this, Breakaways suck and punish the person doing them half the time which is beyond stupid, wake ups suck except for delay and sometimes U3. MK 9's were much better as you actually had to respect them and not just be braindead with smothering people, the game has horribly inconsistent hitboxes, I can go on why MK 11 is not a very balanced, fun game. Dude do you know how hard it is for a Shao Kahn or Raiden player or Kollector to beat someone like Cetrion, Geras or Johnny? lol I want to see you use them in KL vs those characters then you'd understand where I'm coming from as oppose to your success with Geras facing them. There's a few great Sheeva players in MK 9 who competed and beat Cyrax and kabals, forget his name but he was one of the best Sheeva players in the game. I'm not saying it wasn't an uphill battle in MK 9 your example but using Jade, Raiden, Kollector etc vs Geras, Scorpion, Jax, Jacqui etc is no different if not worse actually in MK 11.

Also you cant discuss that this game isn’t more balanced than mk9 lmfao, mk11 doesn’t have any 9-1 or 8-2 mus like mk9, and have very few 7-3s as well, that speaks balanced to me.

The game isn't even out a year and tier lists change, to me there's more to balance than just character match ups there's gameplay elements in which MK 9's worked much better as I mentioned earlier compared to MK 11's that are glitchy, inconsistent and broken. So if you want to talk "character balance" maybe MK 11 is better but overall game balance with better options, yeah MK 9 is better as far as I'm concerned I don't really care who disagrees or not. You can't tell me KB's, FB's, characters being super safe vs others who have unsafe strings, moves etc is "balanced" I'd still take MK 9's flaws any day over MK 11's because the gameplay elements, tools we got actually worked. In terms of match ups like I said regardless of tier charts which is debatable btw, I've seen more people use characters like Sheeva vs Cyrax which in this game would be equivalent of someone like Kollector vs. Geras or Jacqui. Ha, good luck with that match up.

Jade has never won a major, not sure what you're talking about. Link?

Yeah but you said I said that you suck lol, I never said that. I said I bet most Geras players suck or let's just say won't be nearly as competitive as they are when they use Geras. From my experience, those players who use Geras all do the same thing but when they don't use him get destroyed or beaten pretty badly. But again this is my experience so far on Xbox, Switch in KL or KOTH's etc, etc You have to admit, if you used Raiden, Kollector, Jade it would be a hell of a lot more challenging to win than using Geras, at least admit that much man lol.

Geras is so broken he turned a "why does MKT Noob break himself" thread into a Geras discussion thread :joker:
I just find it funny I said Geras is broken and/or OP and all the Geras fanboys come out of the woodwork to defend him they must scout the entire site looking for people to make sure they don't mention baldy. :D Noob is def busted, but he has one excuse Geras doesn't. They didn't actually patch/fix games in those days lol. We'll see if Geras gets toned down a bit by MK 11's end cycle.

DoDaMuSiC

Ermac ftw
DoDaMusic: Depends, I mean in terms of life? No it means nothing. In terms of skill level of the game, yeah it means the person using the lower tier has a harder job to do since the odds are stacked against them so if for instance there's a serious match or tourney match whatever, and one person is bragging while using one of the most OP characters in the FG vs the other guy who go there using one of the lowest or a lower mid etc, I would personally give more props to the latter player because let's face it be it tourneys or KL whatever, if someone wants to win they don't want to use a lower character or can't be bothered because they know their chances are slim and it's actually a lot more work to put in to win with that character. MK 11 isn't that balanced, there's certain characters like Geras way OP, KB's and FB's are broken and unbalanced, loads of people have said this, Breakaways suck and punish the person doing them half the time which is beyond stupid, wake ups suck except for delay and sometimes U3. MK 9's were much better as you actually had to respect them and not just be braindead with smothering people, the game has horribly inconsistent hitboxes, I can go on why MK 11 is not a very balanced, fun game. Dude do you know how hard it is for a Shao Kahn or Raiden player or Kollector to beat someone like Cetrion, Geras or Johnny? lol I want to see you use them in KL vs those characters then you'd understand where I'm coming from as oppose to your success with Geras facing them. There's a few great Sheeva players in MK 9 who competed and beat Cyrax and kabals, forget his name but he was one of the best Sheeva players in the game. I'm not saying it wasn't an uphill battle in MK 9 your example but using Jade, Raiden, Kollector etc vs Geras, Scorpion, Jax, Jacqui etc is no different if not worse actually in MK 11.

The game isn't even out a year and tier lists change, to me there's more to balance than just character match ups there's gameplay elements in which MK 9's worked much better as I mentioned earlier compared to MK 11's that are glitchy, inconsistent and broken. So if you want to talk "character balance" maybe MK 11 is better but overall game balance with better options, yeah MK 9 is better as far as I'm concerned I don't really care who disagrees or not. You can't tell me KB's, FB's, characters being super safe vs others who have unsafe strings, moves etc is "balanced" I'd still take MK 9's flaws any day over MK 11's because the gameplay elements, tools we got actually worked. In terms of match ups like I said regardless of tier charts which is debatable btw, I've seen more people use characters like Sheeva vs Cyrax which in this game would be equivalent of someone like Kollector vs. Geras or Jacqui. Ha, good luck with that match up.

Jade has never won a major, not sure what you're talking about. Link?

Yeah but you said I said that you suck lol, I never said that. I said I bet most Geras players suck or let's just say won't be nearly as competitive as they are when they use Geras. From my experience, those players who use Geras all do the same thing but when they don't use him get destroyed or beaten pretty badly. But again this is my experience so far on Xbox, Switch in KL or KOTH's etc, etc You have to admit, if you used Raiden, Kollector, Jade it would be a hell of a lot more challenging to win than using Geras, at least admit that much man lol.

I just find it funny I said Geras is broken and/or OP and all the Geras fanboys come out of the woodwork to defend him they must scout the entire site looking for people to make sure they don't mention baldy. :D Noob is def busted, but he has one excuse Geras doesn't. They didn't actually patch/fix games in those days lol. We'll see if Geras gets toned down a bit by MK 11's end cycle.
If you wanna talk about the game mechanics then yeah, mk11 isn’t the best one with all its problems, but in any moment I mentioned that and nor did you before your last match, i said the characters themselves are balanced and you cant deny that, that is a fact lmao.

Ive used pretty much everyone in kl so far, i play the entire cast but erron, cetrion and jade. I’ve won bad mus, have lost winning mus, lost with top tier against low tier and won with low tier against top tier, i know how it looks on all possible scenarios.

Also you can have any mod check my log ins lmao I haven’t been on this site for like a month and seeing people like you talking in here reminded me why i did that so yeah thats the last you’ll heard from me. Keep calling geras broken and stay free to him, peace.

Edit: Just look up ect grand finals where sonic won with jade, he used johnny for some matches cuz he wasn’t crazy to use her against cetrion, but used her in the final game and the majority of the tourney

MKF30

If you wanna talk about the game mechanics then yeah, mk11 isn’t the best one with all its problems, but in any moment I mentioned that and nor did you before your last match, i said the characters themselves are balanced and you cant deny that, that is a fact lmao.

Ive used pretty much everyone in kl so far, i play the entire cast but erron, cetrion and jade. I’ve won bad mus, have lost winning mus, lost with top tier against low tier and won with low tier against top tier, i know how it looks on all possible scenarios.

Also you can have any mod check my log ins lmao I haven’t been on this site for like a month and seeing people like you talking in here reminded me why i did that so yeah thats the last you’ll heard from me. Keep calling geras broken and stay free to him, peace.
I understand that people go on about "character balance" more than anything in MK 11 but what they ignore is that gameplay mechanics directly effect character balance especially when things like KB's and FB's are not balanced, so you'll have to forgive me for not thinking MK 11 is the most balanced MK game. To me UMk3 is actually way more balanced in that regard but anyway yeah. So regarding characters, honestly dude if it wasn't for different characters having various differences like Kabal being safe on pretty much everything vs umm Raiden who's not outside of F32...yeah and KB's being unbalanced I can't agree that the characters are the most balanced. To me I feel in terms of playability UMK3 and MK 9 are more balanced because I feel that given the fact that the gameplay mechanics allow me to at least have a chance to come back makes all the difference. In MK 11 if you have Geras or Scorpion, right who have like what 10 KB's(I exaggerate but you get the point) vs. again someone like umm Kollector or Jade or Raiden lol who have hardly any or ones with ridiculous requirements you can't convince me that that's "balanced" lol

I've also experimented with everyone not necessarily in KL but online. If you're into zoning at all I'd recommend Jade unless you're more of a rushdown player then go Jaded. She's a lot of fun. I've beaten Scorps with not just Raiden but Jade(though rarely) and while it should be a satisfying feeling it feels more like a sigh of relief, it's not fun at

Sonic won with cage more he didn't win the entire thing with Jade, he used her for match point Jaded(not Emerald Defender) honestly I don't know why Dragon even used Kitana tbh when his Cetrion is eons better.

lol I'm not free to him I just prefer to use characters that aren't braindead, but I'm flattered that you felt triggered enough by my view of Geras not being "balanced" later and Happy New Year!

Last edited: