What's new

Why it's so hard to cancel into teleport?

Is this intentional? You have to time it exactly when then string ends, ffs what's the reason behind this? Is this one of the bs """execution heavy""" things to please some edgy nerds?
Why NRS has to do this random stuff, WHY?? like all the game work this way, but we have this other shlt that, for no fucklng reason, works different.

I seriously hope this is a bug, there is no reason at all one special move in particular has a different cancel window. Sorry for the rant but I started learning raiden today and this kind of things make me super salty lol

Last edited:

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
It's actually way easier then it was in Injustice 2. To be honest, I don't think it's hard. Just wait until the cancel window, if you are doing a string then you probably should be hit confirming it into something anyway.

Nortnauq

QUAN CHI FOR DLC
Yeah, you usually are going to want to hit confirm so doing it late is better anyway. Also, I just heard someone say that after a far teleport F4 can reach any opponent in the game from that range.

It's actually way easier then it was in Injustice 2. To be honest, I don't think it's hard. Just wait until the cancel window, if you are doing a string then you probably should be hit confirming it into something anyway.
Yeah, you usually are going to want to hit confirm so doing it late is better anyway. Also, I just heard someone say that after a far teleport F4 can reach any opponent in the game from that range.
Sorry guys but I dont buy it. I input the move even after hit confirming the string, and still the timing is super awkward. And what about cancelling normal moves into teleport? Same problem, and Im not hit confirming regular moves like a d4 or f3, I just want the move to come out!! Why do I have to lab the cancel timing of every single move, this should work like the rest of the game works.

Last edited:
The timing is different between attacks that hit and attacks that block. On block the cancel window for teleport is at the very end of the hit stun. It's really not that hard of an adjustment once practiced.
Make sure to flick d/u sharply and quickly together and not space the inputs out as well. If you're using a pad I find it helps to use my thumb tip to hit only down/up and none of the sides as thumb rolling can muck it up.

Micahl Dickens

OkiDoki-NrdShmN
I'm a bit dissatisfied with the other explanations here, so I'll give it a shot: there is a limited amount of time after each button of a special to press the next button (which you can actually change in this game to short, medium, or long), and the final button of the input needs to be pressed during the cancel advantage frames of the preceding attack. Because you/most people are used to pressing at least 3 buttons to do cancel into a special, you're likely pressing the final input before the cancel window starts. One work around is to simply press ddu instead of just du to match the rhythm your fingers are used to. Even so, it'll take a bit of conscious effort to master the timing. That said, I find pressing ddu (especially when canceling out of pokes) is very effective.

Last edited:

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
Just imagine the teleport is part of the string, I use hold check tho but if you have trouble maybe turn it off.

BlackJackSnack

Bags of mostly water
Honestly I kinda feel like the move is justified being so hard to execute..the fact that you can tele close, behind, or far on block is insane.

I'm not really sure if it was intentional or not, but I feel like it is. B1 2 on block into tele is way harder to execute than 24. 24 into tele is so easy, but it starts high which you wont throw out as often. B1 2 is his primary starter (& a mid) so I believe they made it harder to execute out of that string in order to try and make you learn specific timing. It adds depth to the character instead of having the move act the same way with every string.

Like I said I lean more towards it being intentional rather than it being an oversight (or a bug)

BlackJackSnack

Bags of mostly water
It's a problem with all teleports. Very annoying.
Are referring to all teleports in the game?? If so I disagree. I dont have hardly any experience when it comes to other characters teleports to be honest..but let's say for example scorpion teles after a string that can be special canceled. Your saying that it is harder to execute the teleport depending on what string your using?

I'm not saying your wrong or anything..maybe I just need to test it out with other characters to see for myself. Have you tried to do b1 2 tele on block much? I honestly would rather you be right lmao

BlackJackSnack

Bags of mostly water
It's a problem with all teleports. Very annoying.
Are referring to all teleports in the game?? If so I disagree. I dont have hardly any experience when it comes to other characters teleports to be honest..but let's say for example scorpion teles after a string that can be special canceled. Your saying that it is harder to execute the teleport depending on what string your using?

I'm not saying your wrong or anything..maybe I just need to test it out with other characters to see for myself. Have you tried to do b1 2 tele on block much? I honestly would rather you be right lmao

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist

Corrected. Maybe it's just positional teleports, but I know Skarlet's and Cetrion's have the same issue.

BlackJackSnack

Bags of mostly water
Corrected. Maybe it's just positional teleports, but I know Skarlet's and Cetrion's have the same issue.
Hahaha my bad, I didnt think you were talking about directional teles! I need to lab these and see for myself! Do you happen to remember what strings they have this issue on?

The_Tile

Your hole is mine!
Idk why some people are acting like this isn't a real thing, inputting Raidens tele after strings and moreso single hitting normals is actually a bit awkward. The input window feels really short compared to any other special.

It is just a matter of timing though really, just gotta get it down.

Its not a bug. Its nRS thinking they add deapth and strategy to make that hard as balls. Same for kung laos teleport

Last edited: