What's new

Why isn't NRS showing any Krushing Blow combos?

pure.Wasted

'ello baby, did you miss me?
In the last Kombat Kast, Tyler went out of his way to set the record straight (once again) that combos still exist in MK11. And that while characters like Johnny are easy to pick up and play, there's still a lot of room for execution mastery.

We've seen from K&M breakdowns that Krushing Blows often serve as combo extenders in MK11, and will almost certainly be necessary in pulling off the craziest combos in the game.

So... why.. not.. just.. show.. some.. Krushing Blow combos... ever?

They literally haven't shown a single one, in any characters reveal trailer or their gameplay breakdown or their special ability showcase. Ever. Not one.

You could say.. "Maybe they dont exist" but we've seen them.

You could say.. maybe they dont want to scare casuals off? But Tyler interrupted 16bit's intro to Johnny to contradict him and make the point loud and clear.

You could say..... it's so hard that even 16bit can't execute it consistently? ...really?

Nothing makes sense. I'm at a loss.

JSF

Waiting for Injustice 3
i guess because they dont know them with the characters they are showing or just mess them up lol, i saw 16 bit tried to do one and dropped it lol

Metin

Ermac & Smoke Main
People going mad on me when i say i just saw throw, projectile, amplified projectile and fatal blow.. But that is true, they must show more than these stuffs..

pure.Wasted

i guess because they dont know them with the characters they are showing or just mess them up lol, i saw 16 bit tried to do one and dropped it lol
Well even if it's true that none of the devs can pull them off consistently in real time including the guests and ex-pros... AND for some reason they're averse to giving K&M more playtime with the game... then why not just pre-record them???

It's like, they really care that we don't get the wrong idea... but not enough to actually do anything to prove it. Lol.

CallMeTetris

draxx them sklounst
yeah, this has been bugging the hell out of me too. they're going to be super critical for a bunch of characters' bigger combo paths/damage (especially in variations lacking launchers/stun states) but they're barely acknowledging their existence. even if they can't demonstrate them for whatever reason just a quick mention of "oh this move has a krushing blow, it changes X properties" would be nice just for a more complete view of how the character is going to function. they're definitely trying to keep it simple for a larger audience but it's just so insanely weird for a whole mechanic to feel this neglected.

i'm tired of them just keep saying, "easy to play" or "simplified." those buzzwords are almost never good when it comes to fighting games

JDM

Noob
because the kombat kasts are terrible for real information tbh. I just hope they list how to activate each Krushing Blow in the movelist on release.

pure.Wasted

Maybe they want us to find them out ourselves, which I appreciate.
But surely they realize that it's giving the game unnecessary bad press to be THIS secretive about them. It's not as if the only two options are to show nothing, or to show every character's biggest combo. They could just show some shitty, inefficient, but long KB-enabled strings just to hint at the potential.

Just watch the reveal gameplay. They did a sick one with Sonya where they go from krushing blow into a fatal blow