What's new

Why isn't Dirtbag a good character?

So prepatch, Kano wasn't any good, not even 2nd variation. But after the buff (and with sonicfox gameplay) I see some major difference.
I've been playing against a good Kano loyalist (who pick v2) and I'm really struggle with f1 and d1 into chem toss. And once he got a hit in the corner, it's almost free pressure for him. So is he really still gimmicky, or is he a hidden formidable character? And also how do you deal with this guy?

Wigy

There it is...
I mean if you get those setups going they're stupid.

If he had a reliable way to set that up it would be broken. Feels like mkx Ice clone setups without any armour.

He basicly only has d1 into acid and throw KB and that's about it. IMO he doesn't have enough tools.
If you dont know character then dont write. He has amazing corner pressure and combo damage. When you will hit your opponent with acid and molotov you can take over 400 hp without any bar.

You can use d1 Into acid. If your opponent will start to block acid then:

• you can start to use throw,
  • you have mix up f43/ b4 or f2
He doesnt have tools? F1, d1, b3, 112, b2 are nice moves. I play with Kano dirtbag and to be honest I won most of my matches.

freerf245

11 11 11 11
He is broken vs characters who can’t duck the second part of his f1 string. The matchup is completely different if you can punish that string and he isn’t nearly as good.

He is broken vs characters who can’t duck the second part of his f1 string. The matchup is completely different if you can punish that string and he isn’t nearly as good.
Yeah I tried Nightwolf against him, then Cassie, and Cass did a lot better, being able to duck the 2nd hit of f1. I'd occasionally get hit by f1 acid but unless it is in the corner I'm not having issues. But with Nightwolf f1 just gets me

Error404

Noob
If you dont know character then dont write. He has amazing corner pressure and combo damage. When you will hit your opponent with acid and molotov you can take over 400 hp without any bar.

You can use d1 Into acid. If your opponent will start to block acid then:

• you can start to use throw,
  • you have mix up f43/ b4 or f2
He doesnt have tools? F1, d1, b3, 112, b2 are nice moves. I play with Kano dirtbag and to be honest I won most of my matches.
I know the character , that why I know he's trash. His "pressure" is not good. His plus strings have gaps and only jail into D1. His overhead is slow and reactable .Some characters like Kotal and Geras can punish D1 acid with F.Block u2 for combos.

And yes , acid into molotov does good damage , but you're not getting more than 1 per match . Especially against people who know , that just doing a string that moves them forward will beat your setups.

I know the character , that why I know he's trash. His "pressure" is not good. His plus strings have gaps and only jail into D1. His overhead is slow and reactable .Some characters like Kotal and Geras can punish D1 acid with F.Block u2 for combos.

And yes , acid into molotov does good damage , but you're not getting more than 1 per match . Especially against people who know , that just doing a string that moves them forward will beat your setups.
Are you PC or console Player? If you play on PC we can play

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
Dirtbag is actually pretty damn good, and dirty as hell. You can use and abuse of his new mid, play mind games by just doing f1 into grab, f1 2 acid on block, f12b2 on block and just pressure the hell out of them. Enforce that +2 with his D1 into acid or Kano Ball or grab and you're golden. Not to mention you can also mix their shit with B4 and F4 and 24.

They know Kano ball is a threat, especially when you're amored, so jump to immobilize them and throw knives and Molotovs to immobilize them even further.

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
It really is, he has a special that has so much pushback on block it's safe and if it hits and you don't want to throw molotov then you get a free mix on the restand lmao it's dumb.

Iron Lungs

The official "sweat child" of TYM
@Vslayer The funniest shit is int he corner when you do f2 into moltov and they try to punish and get full combo'd for it. It has me crying laughing everytime.

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
@Vslayer The funniest shit is int he corner when you do f2 into moltov and they try to punish and get full combo'd for it. It has me crying laughing everytime.
well shit I didn't know that, time to hit the lab lmfao.

edit: looks like it's only useful if you neutral jump right after.

Last edited: