What's new

Why is Tenticle Strike hella punishable but Molten Trap isnt............

Cursa

Counterpoke with armoured DB2 at all times.
Going to assume this isn't a meme thread because I'm a nice person and think this site is used to educate people. I hope I'm right.

Comparing Firestorm to Aquaman doesn't really demonstrate how good Firestorm is. Tentacle Strike goes fullscreen and can be option selected to be MB'd which Molten Trap doesn't do, and MT MB also has a gap in it IIRC that you can jump or armour out of. Not to even mention the fact that Aquaman has significantly better footsies than FS and enforces plus frames meterlessly with long range B3's and F1 strings (which do have gaps which you can punish) and having significantly better chip and meter less damage.

TLDR; Different tools, different characters. Not even to mention it's been like this since like, what, July? and this is the first thread about it?

Last edited:
Going to assume this isn't a meme thread because I'm a nice person and think this site is used to educate people. I hope I'm right.

Comparing Firestorm to Aquaman doesn't really demonstrate how good Firestorm is. Tentacle Strike goes fullscreen and can be option selected to be MB'd which Molten Trap doesn't do, and MT MB also has a gap in it IIRC that you can jump or armour out of. Not to even mention the fact that Aquaman has significantly better footsies than FS and enforces plus frames meterlessly with long range B3's and F1 strings (which do have gaps which you can punish) and having significantly better chip and meter less damage.

TLDR; Different tools, different characters. Not even to mention it's been like this since like, what, July? and this is the first thread about it?
U know u can option select molten trap as well right ? U just gotta plink the buttons

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
1. As said before they are different characters.

2. Comparing tools to Firestorm isn’t a good idea, I’d rather characters be closer to Aquaman than to Firestorm in terms of balance.

3. I do actually agree it is a bit too punishable though. The current frame data was understandable at launch when he could connect his half screen B3 for huge damage, but he just doesn’t do that anymore. It is fine though, it can’t be too much better because then he’s zone the non zoners and counter zone the zoners and lame out 100% of the cast, which isn’t what we’re going for. It is still great vs some characters and has uses against everyone even though it has some flaws, he still has great defensive normals and trait.