What's new

Why is Robot Smoke considered noobish?

I don't play Robot Smoke and haven't played enough matches against him to know if he really is noobish or not. It's just everyone always seems to say he is and i'm wondering why.

Probably because his spear is Alot faster than Scorps or Humans Smokes. Also, His tele-uppercut catches alot of people off guard. And You get caught twice and your done with his easy 40+% combos.

Basically, people dont know how to counter him, and they consider him noobish. Alot of begginers do.

XL

Noob
He's considered noobish by most, because it seems like that's the first character most players learn to play with.

There really are great people who use him, though. They can be really hard to counter if they go invisible.

He's just a very easy character to learn, but then again, from what I've seen online, most people don't really know how to use him effective and overabuse the teleport uppercut which is very easy to counter. I guess that his easiest combo can take 40% with no skill is what makes him 'noobish'.

dreemernj

Ambassador
Robot Smoke is considered Noobish because of the n00bs that use him. I guess they just find him easy to use. He is a good character that is as hard to become very good with as many other characters in the game.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
He has a free hit juggle move that sets up a containment so it's twice as easy to set up a combo.

Whenever I use him most I go into Human Smoke mode, but when I use robot Smoke I telecut then I chase after them and slam their asses into the ground with the air throw, just cuz I find it funny.

NinjaGrinder

A living, Breathing Piece of Defecating Meat
R smoke is considered noobish only by scrubs. i.e. "bah you won with no effort, those combos are very easy to pull off. you suck"

Its probably setting myself up for flaming when I say this but... I have grouped Kabal into the same level as smoke players.

I know there are exceptions, but it seems like the same calibur of player who spams the telecut into obviously blockable situations, are the same people who spin dash into you while your already blocking (or some other scenario where they shouldnt be dashing)

I know. As I was once a Kabal spin dash noob <_<

now its Kitana and Reptile onry.

I versed someone who smacked my ass and called me sally with Kitana...I wonder if it was you. Anyways...

When someone chooses Kabal I either go for Smoke into human Smoke or Mileena because they are both my anit-Kabals.

My anti robot Smoke is human Smoke

and my anti-human Smoke is human Smoke (but that gets confusing as hell because there was no darker palette swap of Human Smoke for player 2 until you do a fatality.)

I have found Mileena to be a great anti-Kabal because I have caught spin dashers with a roll, and if they catch me on a telekick they cant reach me because I am sunk into the ground too far even for a sweep. The only thing Mileena has against her IMO is her predictablilty but she is still a good one IMO again.

But robot Smoke might be noobish depending on who uses him, but hes there and you know that going into the game, so you almost cannot complain about it.

i'm guilty of calling some people noobs when they use him. When i'm not paying attention they do that triple throw oh god i hate robot smoke. :evil:

abc ur dead0 said:
I can't fight a Good Robot Smoke. I can Fight good Human smoke players though, which is weird.
You probably are just afraid of that 54% combo lurking around when they block your teleport punch hehe.

I got caught in a robot Smoke throw-a-thon. The bastard somehow just used an infinite technique to keep throwing me that I could not get out of. Its when you are noobish like that when I hate Smoke. Other than that I can stand him. Most of the people I verse are too slow to catch me with the spear after their telecut, which is quite hilarious from my POV.

Klisp

Noob
LCyrax4D4K said:
I versed someone who smacked my ass and called me sally with Kitana...I wonder if it was you. Anyways...

When someone chooses Kabal I either go for Smoke into human Smoke or Mileena because they are both my anit-Kabals.

My anti robot Smoke is human Smoke

and my anti-human Smoke is human Smoke (but that gets confusing as hell because there was no darker palette swap of Human Smoke for player 2 until you do a fatality.)

I have found Mileena to be a great anti-Kabal because I have caught spin dashers with a roll, and if they catch me on a telekick they cant reach me because I am sunk into the ground too far even for a sweep. The only thing Mileena has against her IMO is her predictablilty but she is still a good one IMO again.

But robot Smoke might be noobish depending on who uses him, but hes there and you know that going into the game, so you almost cannot complain about it.
Who's your anti-Nightwolf ? :D

Kazlaz

Noob
well most people call smoke noobish becuase
people can pick him up in one night and own on rank matches
but this only works if you very impatient and if you know what your doing its the same repetitive motion so time it and waits what i do until you get to the really good smokes

My Anti Nightwolf is Sub, or Kabal.

Anyone is stays in one place and throws projectiles(Kitana, Reptile) I use H smoke, or anyone that can teleport. My anti Rusher is Also Reptile.

Klisp

Noob
abc ur dead0 said:
My Anti Nightwolf is Sub, or Kabal.
Ahh.. That seems very common then. When i do pick NW, 80% of the time people pick Unmasked Sub, Robot Smoke or Kabal to use against me. Hence, i really know to counter all three of them pretty good. I have a really hard time defeating Jax when used as a defense player. I need more practice. ha!

My anti Nightwolf is pretty unclear because I have won against him with many characters and I have lost against him with many characters, but human Smoke seems to be my all around guy for now. Although the majority of my Nightwolf victories have been when I used Cyrax because when I am at a good distance I can catch em in the net, but even then I am usually at like 1/2 health to 1/4 health. I can really care less what people say about Cyrax...hes my dawg, my true favorite of all MK characters.

I have seen a lot of people play cheaply with Nightwolf by just rhino-charging non-stop.

Jax is usually difficult for me to beat when someone uses him skillfully. Just because his back-breaker move is a bitch to avoid overall. My most dominant victory against Jax was with Kano.