What's new

General/Other - Impostor Why is nobody talking about this? - IAT

dennycascade

UPR_ghastem
GET. OUTTTTTTTTTTTTTTA HERE WITH THIS SHIT

Anyway for a more respectable answer. If it was as instant as can be the normal doesn't come out. To the point where the kick will come out it's reactable as fuck. Seriously take Impostor and try just teleporting on Red Raptor, Dab, the King brothers. It's not gonna fucking happen. The only time it's not reactable is when the other player has bad reactions.
I can see that, but even then who has the buttons to stop a jump kick that low to the ground? Those things have insane priority, I wanna see how they're blowing it up so easily.

ArmedCalf

I guess I play Necromancer now.. PSN: ArmedCalf
I can see that, but even then who has the buttons to stop a jump kick that low to the ground? Those things have insane priority, I wanna see how they're blowing it up so easily.
Takeda uses d2 beats it every time, Dab uses d2 or armoured gotcha, or s1, or f1 depends on who he's using, the vast majority of people will beat it using s1 or d2. I have d2'd Stabs, I have been d2'd and my IA teles are NICE. It really isn't something you can just throw out from full screen or even outside of HS range for that matter. If you do something like...run in IA teleport then yeah it gets a little trickier but you can't just whip it out

dennycascade

UPR_ghastem
Takeda uses d2 beats it every time, Dab uses d2 or armoured gotcha, or s1, or f1 depends on who he's using, the vast majority of people will beat it using s1 or d2. I have d2'd Stabs, I have been d2'd and my IA teles are NICE. It really isn't something you can just throw out from full screen or even outside of HS range for that matter. If you do something like...run in IA teleport then yeah it gets a little trickier but you can't just whip it out
Ah ok that's a good explanation. I should be contesting it more then, I always assumed since its a jump kick I have to just hold that shit.

ArmedCalf

Ah ok that's a good explanation. I should be contesting it more then, I always assumed since its a jump kick I have to just hold that shit.
Nope! If you're still using Johnny you can just s1 AA - or even NJP. Both are options that net you solid damage

YoloRoll1stHit

Publicly Educated
I can confirm that if you teleport too low your air normals can't come out. That's the first time I found some instant air shit that isn't broken in NRS games

Last edited:
I think there should be a longer delay before he can attack after he does a teleport.

I've had a lot of grief dealing with imposter. I will say one thing, his teleport is extremely hard to anti-air. You can't just react to it every time. I have tried standing 1 and I get punched first into a full combo. So frustrating and aggravating. It's almost like you have to immediately press a button the moment you even see this guy jumping because of the speed of the teleport.

Online might make the teleport harder to anti-air. Since there is always 3 frames of lag. Might be one of the bigger issues.

Unless the crazy shit happens to you, you will never complain about it until it actually does happen.

D. R.

Noob
Let's clarify so I don't get an infraction for being "mean." You all only get one..........

IATele is around 27-30 start up on perfect input dependent on the follow up button pressed. If you can't react to that in the neutral with an ambiguous s1, NJP or d2 then FGs are not for you. That's right around half a second...

Used properly Impostor's iATele is a reaction tool, not really something to start an offense from fullscreen. If the opponent is slow and/or an idiot and can't react to the tele then yeah, it's going to become an offensive tool. Every character can deal with tele, some easier than others. Varying jump height is the only "mixup" in regards to what you may or may not get the chance to use with your character as a means to AA Shinnok out of the tele using the appropriate tools.

There are seriously much worse things to bitch about in this game than Impostor's tele of all things. Lab more, bitch less. Or... Ask questions. Wrap your head around that.

I know it's hard for some. :D

Let's clarify so I don't get an infraction for being "mean." You all only get one..........

IATele is around 27-30 start up on perfect input dependent on the follow up button pressed. If you can't react to that in the neutral with an ambiguous s1, NJP or d2 then FGs are not for you. That's right around half a second...

Used properly Impostor's iATele is a reaction tool, not really something to start an offense from fullscreen. If the opponent is slow and/or an idiot and can't react to the tele then yeah, it's going to become an offensive tool. Every character can deal with tele, some easier than others. Varying jump height is the only "mixup" in regards to what you may or may not get the chance to use with your character as a means to AA Shinnok out of the tele using the appropriate tools.

There are seriously much worse things to bitch about in this game than Impostor's tele of all things. Lab more, bitch less. Or... Ask questions. Wrap your head around that.

I know it's hard for some. :D
Lemme correct you on many several things.

Just because "you" personally think that there are worst things to complain about, it shouldn't be used as an excuse to avoid discussion about issues at hand, or go around telling people "yall just need to go to the lab".

Same exact thing happen with Alien. A lot of people were questioning if Alien was actually balanced or not prepatch. And people like you existed. They say the exact same thing, "Just go to the lab dude Alien ain't broken, there are worst things to complain about". Anyone that thought Alien was balanced last patch would be out of there mind.

You only have 18 frames(15 if its online) to even realize the Shinnok player is trying to teleport. If the player hasn't tried to anti-air yet the moment that purple mist shows, the player has to block otherwise they might get full combo'd into vortex. The fact that the Shinnok player can vary his teleport by height, makes it even harder to react because you can't always be expecting it. Shinnok's teleport is like a better version of Tanya's teleport.

If it truly is a reaction tool as you say it is, it would still be fair to not make his jump in teleport punch jail into a block string.

From what I've seen on last season's ESL, that teleport gets pretty very far and it's been used very aggressively many times. #RushdownShinnok.

ArmedCalf

Just because "you" personally think that there are worst things to complain about, it shouldn't be used as an excuse to avoid discussion about issues at hand, or go around telling people "yall just need to go to the lab".

Same exact thing happen with Alien. A lot of people were questioning if Alien was actually balanced or not prepatch. And people like you existed. They say the exact same thing, "Just go to the lab dude Alien ain't broken, there are worst things to complain about". Anyone that thought Alien was balanced last patch would be out of there mind.

You only have 18 frames(15 if its online) to even realize the Shinnok player is trying to teleport. If the player hasn't tried to anti-air yet the moment that purple mist shows, the player has to block otherwise they might get full combo'd into vortex. The fact that the Shinnok player can vary his teleport by height, makes it even harder to react because you can't always be expecting it. Shinnok's teleport is like a better version of Tanya's teleport.

If it truly is a reaction tool as you say it is, it would still be fair to not make his jump in teleport punch jail into a block string.

From what I've seen on last season's ESL, that teleport gets pretty very far and it's been used very aggressively many times. #RushdownShinnok.
IT"S FUCKING REACTABLE fuck TYM I'm out

"throws lamp"

Alien just came out, the teleport has BEEEEEEN out. We have labbed this shit, we have played against this shit. It is NOTHING to AA this teleport from far away right now.

"throws lamp"

Alien just came out, the teleport has BEEEEEEN out. We have labbed this shit, we have played against this shit. It is NOTHING to AA this teleport from far away right now.
good/great players react to it 8/10s or so. you have to be creative and do it in footsies/anti zoning/whiff punish. it is a great tool but without it, impostor would be worthless

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You

Yea but the difference between how alien was pre patch and IATP is so drastic that you honestly shouldn't be making that comparison because one of those was a borked mess and the other was IATP. Just let the character have the good tool because one half of that character is the restand and the other half is IATP. Would you really remove HALF of a character when the tool in question isn't even busted?

Yea but the difference between how alien was pre patch and IATP is so drastic that you honestly shouldn't be making that comparison because one of those was a borked mess and the other was IATP. Just let the character have the good tool because one half of that character is the restand and the other half is IATP. Would you really remove HALF of a character when the tool in question isn't even busted?
Ok, I'll admit that it might not be a fair comparison. The biggest point I want to make with that post though is that I don't ever want to see someone saying that there are much worst things to complain about to avoid a conversation. It's nice to tackle the issue at hand. And this topic deserves a discussion.

Around the same time Alien was released, Shinnok was now able to do jumping directional attacks with his teleport. Before, it was just NjP or NjK.

I'm not saying that they should nerf his teleport to the ground or anything. I just seriously think it needs an adjustment. I still don't understand why Shinnok's should be able to jail someone with a teleport jump punch 1.
---
If someone reacts quickly enough and is able to anti-air it, that's great.
If someone reacts to the teleport slowly, and still tries to anti-air, and he still gets hit by the jump punch and gets full combo'd, alright, I'll consider it fair because he was too slow.

But, if someone was able to react to the teleport, realizes he is too late to try to anti-air, and instead he just blocks because he knows he has to. He still needs to deal with the jailing blockstring. And possibly deal with a 50-50.

I think the last part is full of crap(talking about the last paragraph). You can literally just grief the hell out of anyone with just teleport alone if their reflexes isn't godlike super sharp. I have been through the lab and you have to literally uppercut or s1 the moment you see purple around Shinnok. I have actually seen people anti-air too early with the uppercut and it ended up not auto-correcting to the other direction, and they get full combo'd when shinnok teleports from behind. With online having 3 frames of static lag, that teleport can literally carry Shinnok players quite easily to top 8 in ESL.

Last edited:

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
Ok, I'll admit that it might not be a fair comparison. The biggest point I want to make with that post though is that I don't ever want to see someone saying that there are much worst things to complain about to avoid a conversation. It's nice to tackle the issue at hand. And this topic deserves a discussion.

Around the same time Alien was released, Shinnok was now able to do jumping directional attacks with his teleport. Before, it was just NjP or NjK.

I'm not saying that they should nerf his teleport to the ground or anything. I just seriously think it needs an adjustment. I still don't understand why Shinnok's should be able to jail someone with a teleport jump punch 1.
---
If someone reacts quickly enough and is able to anti-air it, that's great.
If someone reacts to the teleport slowly, and still tries to anti-air, and he still gets hit by the jump punch and gets full combo'd, alright, I'll consider it fair because he was too slow.

But, if someone was able to react to the teleport, realizes he is too late to try to anti-air, and instead he just blocks because he knows he has to. He still needs to deal with the jailing blockstring. And possibly deal with a 50-50.

I think the last part is full of crap(talking about the last paragraph). You can literally just grief the hell out of anyone with just teleport alone if their reflexes isn't godlike super sharp. I have been through the lab and you have to literally uppercut or s1 the moment you see purple around Shinnok. I have actually seen people anti-air too early with the uppercut and it ended up not auto-correcting to the other direction, and they get full combo'd when shinnok teleports from behind. With online having 3 frames of static lag, that teleport can literally carry Shinnok players quite easily to top 8 in ESL.
The guy who's too slow to AA it and blocks was too slow and had to block. That's not the teleport's fault, that's the players inability to react fast enough. Deal.

snort

Noob
To answer your question, people have been brainwashed into believing that armor is the root of all evil in Mortal Kombat X so moves such as Ermac's EX push and Kenshi's EX overhead stab are what the community has been focused on complaining about. In other words, people have been led to believe that the primary defensive option is the number one problem in an offensive game.
So you armoring through my string with an armored launcher to full combo punish me is fine? You armoring through my projectile to full combo punish me with an armored launcher is fine? dafuq idiot.

Tweedy

Noob
Why am I not mentioned among the "just try to teleport on them bruh" people? @ArmedCalf

My U3 teleport stuffs are nice breh. Can't teleport on the Alien.

I play a friend that literally aas it on reaction everytime lol , its completely on you if you can't aa it

The_Tile

Your hole is mine!

"throws lamp"

It's still dumb how his teleport leads into a JiP though. It was really good when you could just NJP/K.

Possessed needed it, did Shinnok need it? No.

Edit: And before I get told to "just lab it bruh" again I can beat it out like 9/10 times with Quan cause of his godlike NJP, if he doesn't delay it or anything. But then the Imposter player can just not teleport or delay the teleport and punish me during my recovery. Teleport is a VERY strong tool no matter how you sugar coat it. You Shinnok's need to stop getting so defensive.

Reactions: GAV