What's new

Why Is MK11 So Rage Inducing?

It feels like chess where you have micro seconds to decide your next turn or else you will lose half your health bar. Sure, you may have spent two hours in the lab learning how to counter that one move but when you're put on the spot it's easier to get overwhelmed.
The micro secs to decide your next move is the fun part of fighting games. the overwhelming feeling is why this game was designed this way IMO, so the people that get overwhelmed have a fighting chance at a win.

Yeah I have the same issues with the wakeup system. I'll go through periods where it's fine, no issues, then others where rolls just won't come out or, like you said, something will buffer and I'll get a goddamn hop attack or neutral jump instead.
The roll shit only works for me when I’m not trying to roll lol one time I was in the corner get my ass handed to me and then outta nowhere I rolled and fatal blowed the guy...sure I won but whom actually called the play? Lol I sure didn’t press any of those commands I was fighting for my life, staggering left and right.

Jowabunga

Woooooooooooooo!
Please take a Xanax
The roll shit only works for me when I’m not trying to roll lol one time I was in the corner get my ass handed to me and then outta nowhere I rolled and fatal blowed the guy...sure I won but whom actually called the play? Lol I sure didn’t press any of those commands I was fighting for my life, stagger left and right.
Man that's hilarious actually because I've had the exact same thing happen recently, where I tried to roll but got my fatal blow instead. There was one time I was just flat out in the neutral not even hitting buttons and my fatal came out in the middle of nowhere. Needless to say it did not end well.

In a nutshell that's the most frustrating thing about this game to me: you need to lab and grind to get better, but who wants to invest that kind of time and energy into a game that does so much wacky shit like this?

Man that's hilarious actually because I've had the exact same thing happen recently, where I tried to roll but got my fatal blow instead. There was one time I was just flat out in the neutral not even hitting buttons and my fatal came out in the middle of nowhere. Needless to say it did not end well.

In a nutshell that's the most frustrating thing about this game to me: you need to lab and grind to get better, but who wants to invest that kind of time and energy into a game that does so much wacky shit like this?
The weird shit always happens at the end of the match when both players are on the brink of death lol, I honestly believe this game has a mind of its own and it does random shit for entertainment purposes like at tournaments.

That game is just totally unfair. You have KB, FB moves that can turn the table. I had fight when I had 650 HP, my opponent had 80 HP. He hits me with some throw KB for 320.00 and then when I tried to strike him I got hit by panic button FB. I lost and to be honest I throw glass bootle on the wall.

I must be honest MK 11 is most frustrating, unfair game in MK history. It promotes weaker players with very unfair mechanics.

Last edited:
That game is just totally unfair. You have KB, FB moves that can turn the table. I had fight when I had 650 HP, my opponent had 80 HP. He hits me with some throw KB for 320.00 and then when I tried to strike him I got hit by panic button FB. I lost and to be honest I throw glass bootle on the wall.

I must be honest MK 11 is most frustrating, unfair game in MK history. It promote weaker players with very unfair mechanics.
“It promotes weak players with very unfair mechanics” I agree. I’ve been playing fighting games all my life, ive always been that guy that shows up, pics up the control and beats the guys ass that owns the fighting game my first time playing. This is not a fighting game. This game is ridiculous. But hey it’s not totally garbage cuz I paid for it.

I must be honest MK 11 is most frustrating, unfair game in MK history. It promote weaker players with very unfair mechanics.
If you're aware of their health you should be aware they have an FB ready. Like it or not you have to start playing differently around characters when this is happening, especially when they're as low as 80hp and it's final round.

If you're aware of their health you should be aware they have an FB ready. Like it or not you have to start playing differently around characters when this is happening, especially when they're as low as 80hp and it's final round.
But why ? Why I must start to play different way. My point is FB moves are unfair. Why NRS changed good bars system for crap like this ?

Because it's a super. You have to play differently when your opponent has a super available; this applies to all fighting games with supers.
SO how about whe you’re beating the opponent blow for blow then out of nowhere they hit you with two crushing blows and win? You think that’s fair? It’s ridiculous and it always happens and it’s unpredictable that’s frustrating asf. Especially they fight like a coward. Only people that enjoy this game are cowards.

portent

Noob
SO how about whe you’re beating the opponent blow for blow then out of nowhere they hit you with two crushing blows and win? You think that’s fair? It’s ridiculous and it always happens and it’s unpredictable that’s frustrating asf. Especially they fight like a coward. Only people that enjoy this game are cowards.
The only thing that's unfair about the KB's is that some characters have a ton of them with easy activation.

Outside of that, there is literally nothing random about KB's. They all have conditions that need to be met in order for them to activate AND on top of that, the conditions are listed in each character's move list! The conditions are literally spoon fed to us. If you're expecting to play any game seriously and competitively, then you're being lazy and not doing the research to learn each character's KB's and the conditions to activate them.

If you're NOT serious about playing competitively (I'm not), then just accept that you're going to lose to players who have not been lazy and who have put in the work and doing the research necessary.

Outside of that, I still certainly agree that IF you claim is that some characters have more KB's than others and that they're easy conditions to meet, then that's a valid claim. Being unfair in terms of them being unpredictable is not a valid claim when the info is in front of your nose.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends

I must be honest MK 11 is most frustrating, unfair game in MK history. It promotes weaker players with very unfair mechanics.
Seems like this scenario is on you. Throw KB happens, though you can play smart to avoid the scenario. Getting blasted by FB is on you for not maintaining awareness.

But ultimately, you didn't play well enough to close out the match. It is what it is, no matter what the mechanics of the game are.

As others have said, KBs have fixed conditions that can be found in everyone's move list. If you're getting hit by a KB you did something to earn it; most commonly done is getting hit by a Counter Hit or Punish KB because you were mashing or something.
Or got hit by something that KB's if the first part of the string doesn't hit you, and you got caught asleep at the wheel, etc.

It sucks to get hit by them, but it's always preventable. Nothing random or unpredictable about it. I'm always aware of what KBs my opponent has and wants to enforce on me, and if I'm not I'll take a note of it after getting hit by one I hadn't seen before.