Can NW really make top 8?

• Yes

Votes: 55 74.3%
  • No

Votes: 19 25.7%

• Total voters

@MylesWright_

I'll be back 3ing
Yes Nightwing can make top 8. I don't know where the misconception that he's in the same boat as Killer Frost and Scorpion has come from

Error404

Noob
The only reason people are not making top 8 with him is because they for some unknown reason refuse to utilyze staff spin. MB staff spin is basicly a + on block trident rush .

BigMilk

Former Divine Power Abuser
The only reason people are not making top 8 with him is because they for some unknown reason refuse to utilyze staff spin. MB staff spin is basicly a + on block trident rush .
This isn't true. Most of the reason are the players. MB Staff Spin as a pressure tool is good but I dint think that's when it's most effective because most players know to pushblock the mb portion if they see it. It's still worth going for. But I think it is best used to condition/control wakeup options. It's like NW players forgot that this tool beats 90% of wakeups in this game. Some people just don't want to block and wakeups are string which makes this special good but it's not a game changer

Error404

Noob
This isn't true. Most of the reason are the players. MB Staff Spin as a pressure tool is good but I dint think that's when it's most effective because most players know to pushblock the mb portion if they see it. It's still worth going for. But I think it is best used to condition/control wakeup options. It's like NW players forgot that this tool beats 90% of wakeups in this game. Some people just don't want to block and wakeups are string which makes this special good but it's not a game changer
You've still got most of the meter you used for it back , while they lost a full bar to push you away. This is still beneficitial to you.

BigMilk

Former Divine Power Abuser
You've still got most of the meter you used for it back , while they lost a full bar to push you away. This is still beneficitial to you.
You have to do close to 5 staff spins to get one bar back, which would be like 20%. And the mb hit builds the most meter so yea, not exactly trident rush. Still good though

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
I'm a little disappointed by the lack of Murk on here. I mean, he out placed me at KIT but was quoted saying that he didn't care about that. He was going to put NW in top 8 before MKX. It seems like he has given up like the rest of us in going to tournaments.

except @FOREVER EL1TE

I'm a little disappointed by the lack of Murk on here. I mean, he out placed me at KIT but was quoted saying that he didn't care about that. He was going to put NW in top 8 before MKX. It seems like he has given up like the rest of us in going to tournaments.

except @FOREVER EL1TE
I technically put NW in a top 8. At a small local, then a bigger local if that makes sense. But nightwing needs a regional or Major. Which is why I won't stop ! I don't guarantee him making up top 8, but I'll try my hardest at getting into tournaments and making top 8 !

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
I technically put NW in a top 8. At a small local, then a bigger local if that makes sense. But nightwing needs a regional or Major. Which is why I won't stop ! I don't guarantee him making up top 8, but I'll try my hardest at getting into tournaments and making top 8 !
I've won locals too. I think I may have beat pig in casuals once too. Majors are all I made this thread about.

Who gives a fuck about top 8. What about winning?
Isn't that also a top 8?

Decay

King of the Bill
Nightwing does beat lobo, but you're wrong about escrima, lobo beats nightwing easily when in escrima because it's easy to beat all his wake up options with jump in 1 into huge damage. Lobo's stand 3 can keep escrima out pretty well also.
Now when NW is in staff stance, nw actually out footsies lobo's stand 3 with most of his pokes and even his low arch jump in attacks. At a certain range, especially in the corner, lobo has to sit there and hold staff stance mix ups until eventually he gets opened up. Lobo has almost no options against staff stance at many ranges. He can't just road shotgun full screen without getting ground pounded and he can't shoot the shotgun on reaction to start up frames on the ground pound either. Also, lobo can't neutral jump punish any of staff stance wake ups, even the spin hits lobo from the back, it's total bs! Lol I unfortunately have fought this matchup tons of times. I agree with you that NW wins it but I never lose to escrima ever, I usually lose to non stop staff pressure

@Decay
Escrima is 5-5 against Lobo. You may destroy us on oki. But nightwing can to. You may be able to punish Wingdings better than most characters. But you still have to go through his zoning tools. Which can stop you.. Ahhh what am I saying, to fully dominate the matchup you need to use both stances. But you can win with both.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
But I feel Escrima can be effective against Lobo. It's sort of like the Catwoman mu except he has shells and his mixups are very unsafe most of the time. This is all just my perception.
I find escrima uneffective in the CW Mu unless I have a huge life lead and am at full screen zoning.