What's new

Why has mk11 lasted for 2 years?

Its crazy people can argue that a game isn't fun to them and you can have a bunch of shills argue that they're wrong and the game is actually fun for them. and oh look they have big numbers to prove it. Lol i feel like i'm in the fuckin twilight zone on this site sometimes

Its crazy people can argue that a game isn't fun to them and you can have a bunch of shills argue that they're wrong and the game is actually fun for them. and oh look they have big numbers to prove it. Lol i feel like i'm in the fuckin twilight zone on this site sometimes
1.) I think the reason why there are so many tournament entries is because of the ease of access. I wish it was that easy to sign up for tournaments in 2015, or other games(currently).
2.) But with any game you'll have people who like and dislike it. Although I personally believe this is the most half ass fg on the market at the moment. I'd probably have more fun running a set in Shaq fu than committing myself to 5 games a day so that my KL points won't decay.
3.) I really hope that people who have that sliver of hope that nrs might do something go to a diffrent game or do something more time productive because there won't be a God send patch or really anything. Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure they won't be addressing actual problems anymore. They will probably just beat around the bush like they usually do for patches/hotfixes.

skahwt

Noob
COVID has certainly made a difference, but there are people who like the game and don’t care what naysayers who make it a full time job to talk shit about the game have to say. Play the game or don’t. Why some people dedicate so much time and energy to something they don’t like or hate is something I can’t understand.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
1.) I think the reason why there are so many tournament entries is because of the ease of access. I wish it was that easy to sign up for tournaments in 2015, or other games(currently).
Wut

It's the same process that we've had for years. Preregister through a website (or not). Pay a venue fee and a game fee. Show up for your pool.

COVID has certainly made a difference, but there are people who like the game and don’t care what naysayers who make it a full time job to talk shit about the game have to say. Play the game or don’t. Why some people dedicate so much time and energy to something they don’t like or hate is something I can’t understand.
They hide behind bullshit statements like "I see the potential" "I want the game to grow but..." ''NRS are idiots'' bullshit like this does nothing

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
If you want to balance Fatal Blows you don't have to nerf them at all. Just add a Super Flash. If you want to YOLO FB then it'll have to be on a read, you can't just throw it out and hope your opponent can't react

Obly

Ambiguous world creator
Real question here: Can you link to an instance, any instance, where you said the game isn't fun for you and someone else truly told you "no, you're unaware of your actual preference here, I know you better than you know you, and you actually do think the game is fun"...?

Seriously... we hear about these supposed "shill" attacks all the time, but I don't think I've ever seen one myself. I'd like just one instance where I can see what was actually said rather than what someone else claims was said.

What's crazy is how many people can't just hold the fact that MK11 can be very popular even if they personally hate it.

Like c'mon, it's a given, you're not defined by others' pop culture... you don't have to like and listen to every popular piece of music or watch every popular TV show, for example. Who cares.

So it shouldn't be that hard to accept that your personal tastes don't dictate pop culture for others either. There's no secret explanation, there's no deep state conspiracy to hide the truth--plenty of people just like the game and you're in the minority on this one. It's fine... you can deal.

DeftMonk

Noob
Because that's all universal. You didn't even mention a character's name. Its like I said, if MK11 is fun, its because fighting games themselves are fun
I wasn’t aware making a read is only fun if it doesn’t involve using universal mechanics. I guess some people built different.

Real question here: Can you link to an instance, any instance, where you said the game isn't fun for you and someone else truly told you "no, you're unaware of your actual preference here, I know you better than you know you, and you actually do think the game is fun"...?
You want me to comb through butthurt shill posts? No, thats ridiculous. But I get what your after, nobody has literally said those exact words to me, no. My post was more a reflection of how people voice their frustrations and concerns about the game they've paid for only to get bombarded with people weirdly offended who feel the need to boast about how many games got sold or tourny views, etc. Because numbers prove fun!

Seriously... we hear about these supposed "shill" attacks all the time, but I don't think I've ever seen one myself. I'd like just one instance where I can see what was actually said rather than what someone else claims was said.
You're doing it now...? "What's crazy is how many people can't just hold the fact that MK11 can be very popular even if they personally hate it." We're in a thread full of it. I wouldn't call them "attacks" lol thats too dramatic. Just people getting butthurt by people who got butthurt by MK11's dullness. That's it in a nutshell. lol

What's crazy is how many people can't just hold the fact that MK11 can be very popular even if they personally hate it.

Like c'mon, it's a given, you're not defined by others' pop culture... you don't have to like and listen to every popular piece of music or watch every popular TV show, for example. Who cares.

So it shouldn't be that hard to accept that your personal tastes don't dictate pop culture for others either. There's no secret explanation, there's no deep state conspiracy to hide the truth--plenty of people just like the game and you're in the minority on this one. It's fine... you can deal.
No shit....? I can still voice my concerns or opinions on the product i bought tho. I don't care if I'm in the "minority", I genuinely think MK11 will be remembered as NRS's dullest title. I for sure might be wrong here, its just what i think. If you guys wanna have a jerk off party for MK11 go for it, I'm not stopping you, go crazy.

I don't even hate this game, either. I guess i just rag on it too much on here sometimes. I don't mean to rile you guys up lol.

Onryoki

We all die alone. So love yourself before you go.
MKX lasted only 2 years because NRS designs their games that way. They give 2-3 KP’s and then they don’t really support or work on the game and go to the next one.

I prefer getting a new a MK game every 4-5 years, but that’s me.

Obly

Ambiguous world creator
You want me to comb through butthurt shill posts? No, thats ridiculous. But I get what your after, nobody has literally said those exact words to me, no. My post was more a reflection of how people voice their frustrations and concerns about the game they've paid for only to get bombarded with people weirdly offended who feel the need to boast about how many games got sold or tourny views, etc. Because numbers prove fun!

You're doing it now...? "What's crazy is how many people can't just hold the fact that MK11 can be very popular even if they personally hate it." We're in a thread full of it. I wouldn't call them "attacks" lol thats too dramatic. Just people getting butthurt by people who got butthurt by MK11's dullness. That's it in a nutshell. lol

No shit....? I can still voice my concerns or opinions on the product i bought tho. I don't care if I'm in the "minority", I genuinely think MK11 will be remembered as NRS's dullest title. I for sure might be wrong here, its just what i think. If you guys wanna have a jerk off party for MK11 go for it, I'm not stopping you, go crazy.

I don't even hate this game, either. I guess i just rag on it too much on here sometimes. I don't mean to rile you guys up lol.
Can only speak for myself, but I've never told someone that their opinion about MK11 is "wrong". The reason I asked for a link is because I honestly can't remember seeing anyone else do it either--even though we keep hearing claims that this is what's happening. But from what I've seen, most people here (with some exceptions) are pretty respectful of others' honest opinions.

What starts the arguments is when people start treating their opinions as if they were facts. If someone says, "I find MK11 to be dull af. I don't enjoy playing it at all", I say cool, I hear ya and understand where you're coming from even if my opinion is different. But instead what we hear is, "MK11 is obviously the most shit-made FG ever. The NRS devs are imbeciles who can't tell their hitboxes from their assholes. Anyone who says they like MK11 is just shilling for NRS."

You do realize that when you call someone a "shill", you are the one saying that their opinion is fake and doesn't count, right? By definition, a shill is someone who fakes enthusiasm about something as a hustle, to fool others into getting interested. So this isn't an opinion any more; this is someone claiming their own facts and calling anyone who says differently a liar. So yeah, people tend to respond to that by saying, "Here are the actual facts... the game is actually pretty popular...". Sorry you interpret that as butthurt.

And sorry for having a go at @supahotbean, but his post is literally the same thing. "Big numbers competing in MK11? Nah, that's not real hype. No one actually likes the game; it's only because they made it so easy to sign up." That's making up your own facts just so you don't have to accept the truth that a game you think is trash is actually popular. Sorry but GTFOH with that. People respect different opinions, but tend to call out BS when they see it.

skahwt

Noob
A lot of the people who bitch about the game still decide to play it for some strange reason I dont understand. They make them selves play a game they dont like cos it has Mortal Kombat in the title. I dont like the game, I played it for about 6 weeks after release and thats it
Yep, that’s how I felt about MKX. I liked it, I played it for a few months, but it didn’t capture my interest like other NRS titles or other games. I definitely got my money’s worth, but never felt invested enough to devote too much time to it. I stopped playing it, and didn’t spend much time thinking or talking about it: let people who like the game like the game. I came back to the NRS forums with I2 and MK11. You don’t need to define your life by a game, particularly one you don’t like.