What's new

Why don't you play Tekken?

I fucking love Tekken. Got hooked during Tekken 3's arcade release and haven't stopped since. It's by far my favorite fighting game franchise. Tekken Tag 2 is just incredible, and it's a god damn shame that it doesn't have much support in this country.

I've heard that the next one is going to be dumbed down because it's "too hard". This will upset me greatly. I guess I see Namco's point (they want to make money).

All the DLC in TTT2 was free and done on a time release system. Harada has said he'd never charge for characters in Tekken. I think he was highly embarrassed at what went down with Street Fighter X Tekken and the content being on the disc already. That was really on Capcom, though....not Namco.

I do agree with what some have said on here about the characters not being very interesting, but Tekken, to me, is simply a game that doesn't ever get old....especially Tag 2. I wish more people played it, as it is by far and away the best fighter out there right now, in my opinion.

If anyone wants games on 360, my handle is the same as it is on here.
if this is true and they are really going to dumb it down, who is that game going to be for? What crowd are they going to attract with it?

if this is true and they are really going to dumb it down, who is that game going to be for? What crowd are they going to attract with it?
Casuals, and for the majority of people who find it hard or to complicated (generally everyone). This has pretty much been discussed multiple times on AvoidingthePuddle, it's going to happen, only question is when. Most predict it's going to take place when TekkenXStreetFighter comes out.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
Look at how many people complained that it was hard to pick up in this thread alone. Have you played Revolution? It's like Tardkken. They want to make it more accessible to people. I can't say I blame Namco, considering the Tekken community is nearly non-existent at this point. The game wasn't even main stage at EVO after its console release. Namco made a GREAT game and no one is playing it.

Change is coming. Tekken X Street Fighter will be the next time people play Tekken. Just look at Eliza's reveal in Revolution. She has Geese Howard ground fireballs and plays totally different than any character ever in Tekken. Oh...and her tits get bigger during certain moves.

The general consensus is that Revolution is how Namco is testing the waters for the engine they'll be using for Tekken X Street Fighter. I'm interested to see what happens with that game. Unfortunately, though, Tekken as we've known it will die with TTT2. And no, I'm not saying it doesn't have its flaws, but it's still a fantastic fighter. If I had to take one fighter to play for the rest of my life, it would be TTT2.

Look at how many people complained that it was hard to pick up in this thread alone. Have you played Revolution? It's like Tardkken. They want to make it more accessible to people. I can't say I blame Namco, considering the Tekken community is nearly non-existent at this point. The game wasn't even main stage at EVO after its console release. Namco made a GREAT game and no one is playing it.

Change is coming. Tekken X Street Fighter will be the next time people play Tekken. Just look at Eliza's reveal in Revolution. She has Geese Howard ground fireballs and plays totally different than any character ever in Tekken. Oh...and her tits get bigger during certain moves.

The general consensus is that Revolution is how Namco is testing the waters for the engine they'll be using for Tekken X Street Fighter. I'm interested to see what happens with that game. Unfortunately, though, Tekken as we've known it will die with TTT2. And no, I'm not saying it doesn't have its flaws, but it's still a fantastic fighter. If I had to take one fighter to play for the rest of my life, it would be TTT2.
yeah i get that but won't this upset tekken players? And plus is this really gonna win any one over from street fighter, or nrs games, or any other fighting games with a bigger fan base?

Law Hero

There is a head on a pole behind you

I really really hope they don't keep those invincible moves around in the next Tekken. I absolutely hate them. Would also be fun to learn Eliza, but the fact that she' only in Revolution makes me lose motivation to do so.

To be fair, I don't mind Revolution at all for the most part. If it had offline content and stuff, I'd even be willing to pay for it. Though I like the Tag system, I gotta say the game feels nice when I can really focus on using one character and fighting against only one opponent. Even though in fighting games more is usually better, I think one on one works with a cast this large. Hopefully Tekken 7 is made well, though I will be sad if too many characters get cut. Without Tags and without Bounds, I think the cast size is fine minus the clones.

Also, I'm going to be so incredibly pissed if Leo isn't in Tekken x Street Fighter. Mad beyond belief.

John Grizzly

I really really hope they don't keep those invincible moves around in the next Tekken. I absolutely hate them. Would also be fun to learn Eliza, but the fact that she' only in Revolution makes me lose motivation to do so.

To be fair, I don't mind Revolution at all for the most part. If it had offline content and stuff, I'd even be willing to pay for it. Though I like the Tag system, I gotta say the game feels nice when I can really focus on using one character and fighting against only one opponent. Even though in fighting games more is usually better, I think one on one works with a cast this large. Hopefully Tekken 7 is made well, though I will be sad if too many characters get cut. Without Tags and without Bounds, I think the cast size is fine minus the clones.

Also, I'm going to be so incredibly pissed if Leo isn't in Tekken x Street Fighter. Mad beyond belief.
I love the tag aspect more than anything in the game. The idea of having endless combinations of teams to mess with is what makes the replay value for this game incredible. I can take a main of mine that I feel more than comfortable with (Miguel, Lars, Bob, Alisa) and team them with someone I'm learning (Jaycee, Jinpachi, for example) and still do well and learn as I go.

As far as the roster goes, I think you might see some different characters in TxSF than what was in SFxT. Obviously the mainstays will be there for both sides, but just as you want to see Leo, I need Miguel in that game. Just because I'm bored at work, here's my wishlist for the roster:

Street Fighter:
- Bison
- Balrog
- Zangief
- Rufus
- Ryu
- Ken
- Chun-Li
- Blanka
- E.Honda
- Guile
- Gen
- Hugo
- Akuma
- Alex

Tekken:
- Miguel
- Lars
- Bob
- Alisa
- Kazuya
- Heihachi
- Jin
- Jinpachi
- King
- Armor King
- Lee
- Marduk
- Steve
- Wang

John Grizzly

C'mon man, what about the Tekken mainstays: Paul Phoenix, Nina Williams, Yoshimitsu and Forest / Marshall Law?
They are obviously going to be in. I knew I was forgetting a ton of characters. I am just not looking forward to people complaining about there being "too many characters" like they do about Tekken Tag 2.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
Tekken 6 has a massive roster size. There's over 40 characters in the game. These results don't happen naturally in a balanced game:

http://shoryuken.com/2011/07/31/evo-2011-tekken-6-top-8-results/
No, MK9 was naturally unbalanced, yet there was only 1 Kenshi, 1 Kabal and 1 Kung Lao player in the US during its lifetime.

If you look at the best tekken players you'll see a tonne of diversity. Watch 'Help me' for example, he can play with everyone and win with everyone. USA is not a good community to evaluate tekken on if you want to see it in its highest form.

Also, you didnt give me any reasons why Bob and Law are 'broken'. Like I said before, neither of them have anything special about them, and neither of them have anything too terrible about them either.

MagicMan357

"130 ms is more legit than Labbing" - TYM
VF>>>>>>>>>>>>>Tekken

Tekken used to be the shit but its the same old crap over and over with TERRIBLE movement

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
TTT1 was the peak imo, although DR was definitely good times.

There's a lot of things that are just dumb in the game. (Crush system, walls, rage) But mainly the game is just old. Hasn't changed in almost a decade. The character diversity is extremely bad too. The reason why it is so balanced is because all the characters are pretty much the same which makes it boring. The story lines became less badass and more comedic too which just makes the whole game seem like a joke to me now. It's fallen pretty far. It makes me sad.
why is the crush system dumb? Doesn't that system make it the most realistic in terms of actual fighting?