What's new

Why don't you play Tekken?

trustinme

xbl-OBS trustinme
I used to play it along with soul caliber on the ps1 when 3d was all the rage but when I bought tekken 6 and started playing it I found it very dull.i kinda tuned out after that and have no desire to play 3d fighters ever again

EMPEROR PRYCE

WAR SEASON "THE WEAK EXPOSED!"
Tekken looks fun as hell to watch, but I'd rather not play catch up. It's not that if I play I wanna be the best, but I'd like to be good.

Seems too complex. Namco seems to be going overboard with that type of thing lately. SCV is super complex too, that game is suuuuper based on spacing and character knowledge.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
I cant do backdash canceling, which pretty much means I would never be able to do anything in the game.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Which Tekken are you referring to?

Tekken 6 has AWFUL balance. Bob and Law are completely broken.

Not sure about Tag Tournament, but Tekken certainly doesn't have a spotless balance record.
Thats only in America.

In the Asia scenes(i.e the ones that dominate the American scenes when they come over here) there was plenty of character diversity, with one of the best players in the world playing Kuma(thought to be worst in the game)

People keep saying its too complex. The move list isn't as intimidating as it looks though guys. This game looks a lot more intimidating than it actually is. But i do get it. It's a lot easier to pick up if ur really good at another game. Like I probably wouldn't be playing tekken right now if I wasn't good at mortal kombat.

GAMETIME

I Bring Knives To A Gun Fight !
I see why a lot of people here play only nrs game, The top complaint in this entire thread is "it's too hard" I picked up tekken 6 (first tekken i owned) and dropped it a month later because it was too hard(I sound like a hypocrite I know sue me), I bought TTT2 and really stuck with it now I love the game, jus had to work harder to become better then most games I play, I love the game( this is all my opinion though)

It's boring to watch, has lame feuds and personalities, the art and gameplay is stale, requires too much legacy knowledge, no one good plays here and it's basically impossible to become the best in America anyway.
Dude tekken can be real hype to watch at real high level play. I love the art and gameplay. It doesn't really require any legacy knowledge. And it wouldn't be impossible to be the best in America if more people would actually play it so we could have better competition, and we'd also have good feuds.

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
I enjoyed it when it was on the playstation years ago, but I don't care for it now. As an adult I'm noticing that I don't like 3D games. The only one I do like is Budakai 3, and they're done with that franchise. I hate to say it, but Tekken looks boring and uninteresting to me.
I love budokai 3. It managed to get the fighting down solidly along with incorporating enough from DBZ to make it feel unique without giving it stupid gimmicks. I love that shit

MILE_HIGH_CLUB

FREEDOM'S LABORATORY
I love budokai 3. It managed to get the fighting down solidly along with incorporating enough from DBZ to make it feel unique without giving it stupid gimmicks. I love that shit
I know I was just trolling this Tekkan stuff ...Tekkans ok I'm just not interested anymore and I have played them all 1-6 both TTs

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Thats a really uninformed opinion you must have there. There is literally nothing spectacular about either of them characters in tekken. Especially Law.
Bob and Law are top 5 in Tekken 6: BR. The belief at one point was that Bob (and Lars) were in a tier of their own.

16 Bit has already addressed the issues, with the major ones being that the game does not appeal to the casual gamer aesthetically and gameplay wise. As a result, the scene, the American one at least, has not grown much at all since the "golden age" (Tekken Tag Tournament). The games have also not changed very much. A legendary player like Slips won in TTT, but he can also win in any other Tekken game based on prior knowledge, and Namco is afraid to change the game drastically because of the backlash of Tekken 4.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
the game needs a reboot, the changes they make to every new tekken game aren't that much of an improvement and some changes actually make the game worse.
1 million percent agree.

It just needs to shelf the legacy stuff and come fresh. It really is an awesome game.... just needs to come up for some new air.

Miss Kanzuki

*KANZUKI GOON SQUAD*
I like everything about TTT2 except the fact that it is a tag game...the same could be said for SSF4AE but I think ppl say they want a fundamentally-sound fighter, but really dont at the end of the day.

Bob and Law are top 5 in Tekken 6: BR. The belief at one point was that Bob (and Lars) were in a tier of their own.

16 Bit has already addressed the issues, with the major ones being that the game does not appeal to the casual gamer aesthetically and gameplay wise. As a result, the scene, the American one at least, has not grown much at all since the "golden age" (Tekken Tag Tournament). The games have also not changed very much. A legendary player like Slips won in TTT, but he can also win in any other Tekken game based on prior knowledge, and Namco is afraid to change the game drastically because of the backlash of Tekken 4.
you know another problem is, the koreans are in a league of their own in tekken. So a lot of good characters dont even have good representation in the us.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
It doesn't really require any legacy knowledge.
Okay.

Tekken has characters with at least 80 moves to learn. No, not all of them are used, but it's extremely easy to get caught off-guard with some rarely-used string or move because you simply never see it. Mind you, there's 50+ characters in Tekken now. You have to compete against players have like a decade's worth of experience vs these movesets, which don't receive entire overhauls in most cases. Who have 10 years worth of BDC and wavedash execution as well. And know the system like the back of their hand.

There is quite a lot to learn and to catch up with. If you are just starting out, you have a LOOOONG way to go.

Crathen

Death is my business
I've been playing since T5.0 and i've got some knowledge of the t3/ttt days and i've played with some of the best italian Tekken players and in my opinion ( and other top players think this too ) the game has becomed way too focused on huge damage combos , a plethora of delayable / mixup strings , crush system / evading moves saying fuck you to frame advantage and wacky hitbox / hurtbox collisions that you have to be playing years before reaching the highers levels of play.

The overall lessened blockstun on certain moves making them hard to punish correctly , some dumb ass safe launchers , walls screwing combos and spacing and way too many characters with 100+ movelists means you have to put A LOT of time in to be an ok player , to this day even top players don't know every character inside out and can get "caught off guard".

I enjoy Tekken a lot and will always play them for months when they come out but to commit to them when i feel way too many inconsitencies are there... kinda no , when Namco decides to lessen the roster / movelists and properly calibrate blockstun and some risk reward ratio i'll gladly play it for years.

Gurpwnder

Saikyo Student
A lot of complaints I'm reading here are that it's incredibly hard to beat a good / legacy player. Why is that such a large deterrent? The games can be a ton of fun with two players on an equal skill level (low / mid too) just learning how to play and having a great time. I just started yesterday, and I'm really enjoying the amount of depth and content this game has to offer. I personally don't understand why they have so many options VS lows (low parries, hop kicks and lows being launch punishable most of the time).

BTW, if anyone's interested in playing VS a low level Paul / Forest Law, hit me up!

ThaShiveGeek

Est In Harvey 1989
Yeah I bought the HD Collection. Love that game. One of my room mates loves Tekken. He's real good at it, but when he plays I'm just like.... Yo I'm going to go play Injustice. You can have that Tekken shit bruh lol. To each his own though. Not bashing it. It just doesn't interest me.