What's new

Question Why don't players use feints more at high level?

Feinting is a tactic used to cause reactions. If you watch Street Fighter at high level, you will see players throwing out normals that will ovsiously never hit from those ranges. It pretty much looks like they're being scrubs, but it's more of a baiting tactic.

These same tactics can be applied to MK9. My question is why aren't we using them that often?

The only player I can recall using them is XBlades
@0:48 After throwing a few High FB's, he uses standing 3 instead of throwing the High FB, and it causes CDjr to jump. It recovers 7f faster than High FB.

He uses d3 feints a lot during this set. It has a similar startup animation to Low FB, so it works well. It also recovers 29f before Low FB does. @8:09 is a good example of the feint.

Reactions: SLy
The Baraka community does this all the time, especially with a whiffed sweep into blade charge. Im sure top level players do something similar, you probably just have not noticed.
TYRANT does it a lot with the GP cancels, but I actually look for things like this when I watch matches. I feint a lot with Noob's b2, the recover is insane!

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Feinting is a tactic used to cause reactions. If you watch Street Fighter at high level, you will see players throwing out normals that will ovsiously never hit from those ranges. It pretty much looks like they're being scrubs, but it's more of a baiting tactic.

These same tactics can be applied to MK9. My question is why aren't we using them that often?

The only player I can recall using them is XBlades
@0:48 After throwing a few High FB's, he uses standing 3 instead of throwing the High FB, and it causes CDjr to jump. It recovers 7f faster than High FB.

He uses d3 feints a lot during this set. It has a similar startup animation to Low FB, so it works well. It also recovers 29f before Low FB does. @8:09 is a good example of the feint.
jr actually jumped like 5 frames before he did it, no way he reacted to it

ill experiment offline tomorrow with b1

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
I do this in offline matches with the block button all day on my TE stick and loud ass buttons. I've been doing this for 20 years lol