What's new

Question - Sub-Zero Why doesn't EX slide high-crush on startup?

Triplswing

your soe will BERRN
Hi guys, I'm a Scorpion tech hunter who occasionally messes with other characters. Lately I've been picking up Sub-Zero, among others.

My question, as you can see in the thread title, is why does EX slide not go under highs before it's active, while regular slide high-crush immediately?

I found this by chance, while testing an armor stuffing reset. I won't go into details with the Scorpion tech, but basically it stuffs armored reversals during block pressure for a full combo. The move that interrupts the armor is a high, so I thought it would have to be modified for low-profile moves. Sure enough, I set SZ to do regular slide as a reversal and he went under my high. For no reason, I then set him to do EX slide and tried the same tech. It connected for a full combo.

Is there a reason for this or do you guys think it's an oversight? I mean it's pretty bad for SZ because I've found more than a few armor stuffing tech and some of them involve using highs.

If anyone wants to try the Scorpion tech, it's using hellfire. End a combo with FA, b12xxTP. Then do 214xxFBC, 214. The flame aura ticks will eat armor if they try to armor through during the FBC, and the 214 will connect. Set SZ to autoblock, and slide reversal and he will beat it. Set him to EX slide and he will get combo'd.

I'll try to find easier ways to test this for players with not-so-good-input skills. Maybe Goro could be useful...