What's new

Why does this (not) combo?

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
So I've been using Teef's Midscreen BnB which is:

B12U1 > Dash U3 > F421 xx EN Spike > Teleport > Dash F421 xx Far Spike

47% 12 hits.

I've practiced this in training mode hundreds of times, and I land it more than 9/10 times.

Now when I go to play, I get angry that I ALWAYS fuck it up. I don't land a hard B12U1 too much, but every time I do, I fuck it up.

So I thought to myself, there has to be something wrong!

Turns out that although this keeps the combo meter going, it is BLOCKABLE at the second F421.

If the opponent does not block, then the combo meter keeps going, and it continues as a combo.
However if they do block, the combo will end. What the helllllll.

Try it yourself.

EGP Wonder_Chef

Damn, turns out it's the same thing for:

AA1 > F421 xx EN Claw > Teleport > dash f421 xx whatever.

Was this known already?

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
Yeah you lose some damage, but I was just wondering why this happens.
Thats weird, can opponent block in the middle of F421 if you just do the string as is? if not it could be a funny glitch

im interested now but have to wait till i get home to see this in action

M2Dave

Zoning Master
So I've been using Teef's Midscreen BnB which is:

B12U1 > Dash U3 > F421 xx EN Spike > Teleport > Dash F421 xx Far Spike

47% 12 hits.

I've practiced this in training mode hundreds of times, and I land it more than 9/10 times.

Now when I go to play, I get angry that I ALWAYS fuck it up. I don't land a hard B12U1 too much, but every time I do, I fuck it up.

So I thought to myself, there has to be something wrong!

Turns out that although this keeps the combo meter going, it is BLOCKABLE at the second F421.

If the opponent does not block, then the combo meter keeps going, and it continues as a combo.
However if they do block, the combo will end. What the helllllll.

Try it yourself.
I'm not sure why this happens, but it doesn't really matter because the following combo should do more damage anyway.

- b+1,2,u+1, dash u+3, EX spike, JP,b+1,2,u+1 xx far spike, far spike.

b+1 sucks, though. The hitbox is terrible.

And after AA 1 just do EX spike, JP,b+1,2,u+1, u+3, f+4,2,1 xx far spike, far spike.

H2O FARMER

Crazy 88 king
I wasnt referring to the trance I was talking about the stagger from ex skull. Test it out with someone Im 99% sure its the same thing.

EGP Wonder_Chef

I wasnt referring to the trance I was talking about the stagger from ex skull. Test it out with someone Im 99% sure its the same thing.
I know what you're talking about, I'm not making the same mistake as you.

You can combo out of EN Claw unless you have to do the teleport before it. It's part of the BnB's that me and other Freddy users have used hundreds of time. Just the one that I was using in particular doesn't work.

I made a video on what happens when you hit people with staggering moves you know:

Freddy's EN Claw is not one of those moves. If you hit someone with Quan's EN Skull for example, and they stop blocking, it won't continue the combo meter.

EGP Wonder_Chef

In hindsight maybe this should have been in the general gameplay section since it's more of a game system oddity.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
I'm not sure why this happens, but it doesn't really matter because the following combo should do more damage anyway.

- b+1,2,u+1, dash u+3, EX spike, JP,b+1,2,u+1 xx far spike, far spike.

b+1 sucks, though. The hitbox is terrible.

And after AA 1 just do EX spike, JP,b+1,2,u+1, u+3, f+4,2,1 xx far spike, far spike.
I don't see how the hitbox is so bad.
Also, I haven't been able to combo into the far spikes. The opponent doesn't seem to go far enough for that.
b+1,2,u+1, dash u+3, EX spike, JP,b+1,2,u+1 does 36%

M2Dave

Zoning Master
I don't see how the hitbox is so bad.
Also, I haven't been able to combo into the far spikes. The opponent doesn't seem to go far enough for that.
b+1,2,u+1, dash u+3, EX spike, JP,b+1,2,u+1 does 36%
My apologies. The combo is:

b+1,2,u+1, dash u+3, EX spike, JP,b+1,2,u+1, f+4,2,1 xx far spike, far spike.

b+1 has a bad hitbox because you cannot consistently punish special moves that leave characters in a rolling state (i.e., Kung Lao's dive kick, Raiden's superman, etc.) with it. b+1 reminds me of pre-patch Kano's 2. It has this really high hitbox that makes punishing really difficult.

AK Vip3r

Ghost of Vip3r
because NRS hates freddy. thats why. =/ I do land the combo from time to time, even if the opponent does block, it is just EXTREMELY strict.