What's new

Why does the AI have to cheat so much.

LK-7T2

Noob
Shock said:
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=EWAShock+CPU&search=Search

There are 11 videos here of me demonstrating micromanagement strats vs the CPU with various characters.
i try to use these tactics, i don't really understand everything. all i know is jump kick away = projectile, and if you sweep them when they are getting up they will jump away. i noticed when the CPU ran in you did a SUJK but when i jump, the CPU jumps with me and takes me out of the air with a projectile. also when i jump away, before i can do a jump kick the CPU throws a projectile and eventually kills me. i don't know what i am doing wrong. :?

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
GokuRen v2 said:
speaking of the 5x teleport uppercut, i just had Robo Smoke do 4x teleport uppercut into his Spear-Autocombo. Easily 100%, didn't show damage but it definately sucked.
That's about 80%

Houzi

Noob
OK, This is what I do and it seems to work really really well.

Pick Sub Zero, just keep jumping back until you're against the wall. The freeze the bastard, and then jump behind them and run them into the wall then Run+Lp Them to death. Works on everyone except Motaro and Shao Kahn. But for Motaro I'm just Scorpion and do Teleport punch, then Motaro blocks and then when you immediately land you press, Hp,Hp, HK, B+Hk (I think to do that combo) and repeat. Or just JK him to death.

Then with Shao Kahn I just always duck and then just run in and constantly uppercut him to a bright blinky death. Always a good time when that happens. :D :)

Tim Static

Adminerator
Houzi88 said:
run them into the wall then Run+Lp Them to death. Works on everyone except Motaro and Shao Kahn.
Correction. You can do this with any character against any other character, including Motardo & Kahn. And it only works against the CPU.

this wasn't against the computer. but in a recent match, me and my friend were playing, I was Kabal and he was Kano. He ran up to me and I jumped over him, at that time he released B and did his cannonball, but missed, and right after he missed, without delay, he did a cannon ball the other way. He said it was completely on accident and neither of us could replicate it or figure it out. It was 2 cannonballs back to back just using the B button.

GokuRen v2 said:
this wasn't against the computer. but in a recent match, me and my friend were playing, I was Kabal and he was Kano. He ran up to me and I jumped over him, at that time he released B and did his cannonball, but missed, and right after he missed, without delay, he did a cannon ball the other way. He said it was completely on accident and neither of us could replicate it or figure it out. It was 2 cannonballs back to back just using the B button.
It's probably like when sindel of sektor glitches. I've seen to fireballs from sindel and 2 fast straight rockets from sektor right after.

Also, I have noticed that katana vs katana if you do her fan lift the comp will through a fan. Then you do another fan lift about 1 1/2 seconds later the computer throws another fan. Her fan throw is supposed to be like what 4 seconds recovery?

idk why we don't play anymore, lol. i hardly see you on. and when i'm on, im usually trying to find a room where someone won't drop and leave after 1-3 matches. im lucky if i can find someone to stay for 1 complete match. but yea, ive seen the double rockets with Sektor, double spears with Robo Smoke, never seen the Sindel fireballs tho. The comp has practically zero recovery time for special moves. Like ive said before, i had Sektor do multiple teleport uppercuts as well as robo smoke. ive had cyrax throw out 2 nets before the 1st one even connected. ive been netted by cyrax and got netted 3 additional times while still inside the net. I would like to be able to complete combo's like the computer does after the round/match has ended. That's always cool, lol.

Houzi

Noob
Honestly they really do cheat SOO much. Like I was fighting Motaro and I had low health and he had low health and I go up to do one last HK and he'd be killed, but My leg contacts him but I guess the game decides if you should win or not and they had him grab me and kill me. I was pissed, cause my damn leg went through his whole body, it was real bullshit. But I how get through this is I am just Un-Masked Sub Zero, and right when the match starts I just jump backwards until I'm against the wall. Then I just freeze the opponent when they are close to the wall too, then I jump over them and run/push their frozen body into the corner and Run LP them to death. It's awesome technique that ALWAYS works and I do it all the time.

I don't know if anyone else does this either but I hope it helps someone.

:lol: :D :)

Tim Static

Adminerator
Yes, I've posted alot about the RUN-LP in the corner against the CPU. And it works against Motardo & Kahn too.

The thing with Motaro is that you shouldnt even be JK AT him. Just SUJK (straight-up jump kick) into kick starter & auto combo.. I mean seriously, there isnt really a good reason to move about the screen at all. Just do that over and over.

RoGE

Noob
I was playing Jade with Kano, I was doing the combo HK,D+LP, HP, right before I hit her with the headbut she throws in the middle of the combo....

most likely because you did the combo too slow. if you do his 3-hit popup too slow, it can break the combo and give the opponent time to either block or counter.

GokuRen v2 said:
idk why we don't play anymore, lol. i hardly see you on. and when i'm on, im usually trying to find a room where someone won't drop and leave after 1-3 matches. im lucky if i can find someone to stay for 1 complete match. but yea, ive seen the double rockets with Sektor, double spears with Robo Smoke, never seen the Sindel fireballs tho. The comp has practically zero recovery time for special moves. Like ive said before, i had Sektor do multiple teleport uppercuts as well as robo smoke. ive had cyrax throw out 2 nets before the 1st one even connected. ive been netted by cyrax and got netted 3 additional times while still inside the net. I would like to be able to complete combo's like the computer does after the round/match has ended. That's always cool, lol.
I'm on every day :(

well lately ive been playing NFS: Pro Street anyways. But yea, couple minutes ago had Scorpion do his teleport whiff 4x back to back with no delay.