What's new

Question Why does rain suck

Wigy

There it is...
What is it rain lacks?

I don't see why rain has so many bad matchup numbers?

Can somebody point out all his main flaws.. I'm just curious.

Flagg

Noob
RHK is safe on block, Tetra..

I would ask Foxy. I always felt he had the strongest Rain and was the only guy that didn't downplay the character.

Character can take 50% off a RHK hit confirm. Meter drain properties. Arguably best flash parry in the game. Etc.

Not every character can/should have Cage like normals.

I would ask Foxy. I always felt he had the strongest Rain and was the only guy that didn't downplay the character.

Character can take 50% off a RHK hit confirm. Meter drain properties. Arguably best flash parry in the game. Etc.

And all the other ones aren't, except Water Gun, which is exceptionally meh.
Also, Kabal's flash parry>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Rain's.

RoGE

Noob
because they just slapped the dash nerf on every character, even the ones who didn't need it.

Flagg

Noob
And all the other ones aren't, except Water Gun, which is exceptionally meh.
Also, Kabal's flash parry>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Rain's.
Well Rains flash parry leads to bigger damage than Kabal, but swings and round abouts.

Unfortunately the majority of TYM dropped MK like a hot potato when IGAU landed...characters like Rain or Skarlet wont reach their full potential because no one cares anymore.

If KI was on the PS4 as well, it would have been RIP Injustice.

G4S Claude VonStroke

@MK_ClaudeVS on twitter
Gets out zoned by almost every character in the game. Bad pokes, bad hitbox, can't do anything without meter and easy to get him to waste it.

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?

What is a RH hitconfirm? Im curious -_________-

Foxy has always been known to actually upplay every character he played. Rain may have been okay and fun to play vs some characters in casuals and online. Try playing him at majors where you face Kenshi, Kabal, Kitana, and Lao all the time.

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
Didn't I just recently have a conversation on Rain's viability...?

Anyway, it's not that Rain is a terrible character...it's just that each and every single one of the common tournament characters could excel at what he does at far greater levels. Not to mention the dash nerf only worsened things, although we had dash-blocking to compensate for that.

These things are what hold Rain back from achieving a top-tier status:

1. Large hitbox which makes him vulnerable to strong pressure games.
2. Inadequate zoning, forcing him to stay at least half-screen range to be effective.
3. Somewhat slow normals.
4. Shitty teleport...okay, it's not too shitty, but it's certainly no Raiden-styled teleport.
5. Sub-par poking game.
6. As already pointed out, all top-tiers can do what he does, and they do it better.