What's new

why does ps3 get kratos and xbox gets nothing?

Crimson Cobra

The Ultimate Shadow
maybe it's better for them because they don't get a novelty character that's only good for showing off to your friends other then that
it's pretty worthless(banned from all tournaments and you'll probably get laughed out of any of them if you said you main kratos)

but still were there no xbox characters good enough to add to the game
or did they just want to cut it down to one exclusive character and that's it

just so people would whine less

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
I'd honestly prefer it if Kratos wasn't there and they put in Rain for both versions instead.

Yig

Noob
Im looking for them to surprise us and Rain already be in the game as one of the hidden kontestants in the ladder. Beat him and unlock him. Seems weird to add Kenshi in before Rain in the DLC list when more fans are pissed about Rain not getting in.

It could be a bunch of different reasons, but probably one of these 2: Either Sony approached Warner Bros. first, and asked for the exclusive rights to have an exclusive character; or, it could be very similar to the Madden-NFL deal, where the NFL offered the exclusivity to many party's, and only EA was willing to pay the amount. If it wasn't some sort of contractual obligation like this, I really doubt that Boon wouldn't be allowed to talk about it.

Sutter Pain

Your mothers main.
I think specific console only characters are dumb. With that out of the way if xbox was to get one I think Marcus from gears would have been sick, but no more then a novelty.

The word is...

MS wanted to charge for an exclusive character, instead of simply including it.

Boon said FU. The rest is history.

kratos is like cancer. u wanna get rid of him but there is no cure. the real question is, why didnt x box 360 get cancer as well?

Detective-E

We are many.
I like Kratos. Why is this thread filled with Kratos hate, this is supposed to be an MK community thread not a "Kratos sucks" thread.

Dark_Rob

Noob
I like Kratos. Why is this thread filled with Kratos hate, this is supposed to be an MK community thread not a "Kratos sucks" thread.
Kratos was only put in to sell more copies and get the GOW fanboys to buy the game as well. It was a marketing ploy. In terms of the game itself, hes pretty garbage tier compared to the rest of the cast. And since hes only on the PS3 and not XBOX360 he is banned from tournament play. Thus, no one takes him seriously.

Here's why xbox gets nothing they wanted to make more money so they put in a ps3 exclusive icon ( kratos) and it worked. Now for the xbox the only icon they have is Master Chief and that would sell less copies for putting him in because it would piss off the real mk players.

Tim Static

Adminerator
Here's why xbox gets nothing they wanted to make more money so they put in a ps3 exclusive icon ( kratos) and it worked. Now for the xbox the only icon they have is Master Chief and that would sell less copies for putting him in because it would piss off the real mk players.
no and no....no.

that has absolutely zero to do with anything. fyi

all these post say they don't care about kratos, but yet i wonder if you would be bitching and complaining if xbox had an exclusive character and not ps3? better question: why are people still bitching and complaining about xbox not having an exclusive character? the game is perfect without exclusive characters and honestly i'm glad xbox didn't THE exclusive otherwise there would have been even MORE bitching and complaining about how much xbox gets. and yes i'm bitching and complaining about the fucking brats STILL bitching and complaining.

Tim Static

Adminerator
its not a Kratos thing. its a "if it isnt MK, fuck it" thing. Let the fanboys decide how cool or not it is, but from a game play and tourney point of view, its utter filler and another banned tourney character. Again, if 360 had an exclusive too or 360 had the only exclusive, my feelings would be the same.