What's new

Question - Slasher Why does no one use Slasher variation?

Hey guys, just wondering why no one is using slashe variation of Jason?? It does easy, very high damage combos, has decent normals, good speed and insane armor. Am I missing something? I main Jason Slasher among others such as D'vorah and Mileena and I'm super successful with him against good players so I'm just confused. Any thoughts???
Thanks guys.

KeyserSoze

Fabled Villain
Hey guys, just wondering why no one is using slashe variation of Jason?? It does easy, very high damage combos, has decent normals, good speed and insane armor. Am I missing something? I main Jason Slasher among others such as D'vorah and Mileena and I'm super successful with him against good players so I'm just confused. Any thoughts???
Thanks guys.
Slasher is a solid variation and tons of Jason players at least use him as an alt.

I'm talking about high level players though. Rarely seen at tournaments
Because those high level players are using the characters in their opinion that are strong to win a tournament. Like top 7 characters to win a tournament. Jason just may not be one of those characters or just not represented enough. But the game is still early

Baconlord

Proud follower of the church of Cetrion
Relentless has better mixups with the command grab and dark pursuit sets up some really good oki. Slasher has a 50/50 but the low is unsafe and he gets very little damage off his overhead mid screen. His normals are decent but he don't have the movement to complement them.

Blade4693

VIVIVI
I do, but I only play it because I prefer Jason with a machete instead of weaponless lol no intricate reasoning or strategy behind it, just "Cause Machete". Huge FT13th fan here and I know he doesn't always use it, but still, I am still surprised he only has it in one variation.

Anyway, I haven't run into many Relentless or Unstoppable players online, usually when my opponent picks Jason he/she also picks Slasher.

Slasher sucks. Everything he does is either negative or full combo punish on block. His low starter is full combo punish on block and iirc his overhead is not hit comfirmable. Psycho slash is also full combo punish on block. His projectile is a mid you can d4 under. His two moves that are relatively safe (grab and shoulder rush) are highs which can be ducked or low profiled easy. Jason is very poorly designed imo

Hidan

Where the hell is Reiko's wheel kick
slasher has probably the worst footsies of any character variation in the game
Start using 122
Thanks guys.
Relentless is also better now, so we won't be seeing Slasher at all

I used to play Relentless and Unstoppable. Their moves seem more powerful, more painful... anyway

The latest patch gave them what they needed, but Relentless gameplay is too simple now. For a tournament where you have to win like... 4-5 matches he's good. In long term casuals, I get bored

So I play Slasher now, seems smarter after all and matches end faster, even against defensive players

PS: If someone gets to my nerves though, I counter pick with Relentless

Last edited:

FoolishProphet

Still waiting for Jade :\
Foreverkingjr demonstrated why relentless is good,but I agree slasher is boss although it does have problems I can't pull myself away from jason with his machete.

Hidan

Where the hell is Reiko's wheel kick
@SMASHOFDOOM you play nice

Replace F42 in corner with F4~BF3, mix it up with F2~BF3 and you'll slash more

Last edited: