What's new

Question - Jason Voorhees Why Does Jason Need Nerfs?

Sugarwatermixlegit

Bruce Campbell 4 MK!!!
I cant tell you how many more games I have been winning now that I can break armor with d1. Please dont fix this. Let me at least have this until Friday the 13th The Game drops.

No in all seriousness despite me having fun with it, that is seriously busted.

trufenix

bye felicia
Command grab whiff recover should be increased and d1 should be made -5 on block.

I don't know where you're getting 'mid tier' from; Unbreakable Jason is S-/A+ tier material.
What the fuck is material? Show me the killer Jason players. Show me anybody whose being carried through tournaments, ft3/5/10s, or online koths by Jason.

I just see a lot of people complaining that Jason defies set play and actually gets the luxury of using his grabs in a match. I thought that's what we wanted.

Addhad

GOD OF EARTHRELM
No down one should be able to interrupt a strings gap. Same with a meterless reversal. 6f d1 really shouldn't exist IMO. And no character should be able to do what JASONS does. Now the armor breaking this is fine. Except I think it should only happen when you EX the buff. Not regular.
but u ass doe

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
What the fuck is material? Show me the killer Jason players. Show me anybody whose being carried through tournaments, ft3/5/10s, or online koths by Jason.

I just see a lot of people complaining that Jason defies set play and actually gets the luxury of using his grabs in a match. I thought that's what we wanted.
by "material", he means, "has what it takes to be this tier". Aka, using the power of intelligence and critical thinking that he has been blessed with with to come to a conclusion, rather than needing hard results from a gaming community with a tiny competitive footprint, and for the least popular character in this game, just to even take it into consideration.

Not even considering something as a possibility until you see someone better and smarter than you do it first is a common mentality on here, but it's also why you see players like Pan1c who don't do this, kicking ass in tournaments with characters that people had declared unviable, and players like SonicFox declaring Jason one of the best characters in the game back when the groupthink had written him off as eternally unplayable.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!

Useless and specious argument. I thought TYM had moved past the "where are all the top X players?" but apparently not.

Jason's d1 literally prevents certain characters from poking back.

His footsies with b1 are insane. His command grab has ridiculous whiff recovery for what it does. His command grab mixups are very very strong and difficult to punish. His armour break capability is ridiculous. His ability to turtle due to a very useable healing buff is also apparent. Maybe you should analyse what Jason is actually capable of. Jason is honestly up there just outside of the top 5-6.

If they nerf mileena, alien, Kano, Sonya and Takeda, Jason will be top 3 easily.

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
Hey all! I'm back again, asking a question this time. I've heard a lot, and I mean A LOT of people talk about nerfing Jason with the upcoming patch and I'm just curious as to why? Yes he is very good, buffs were kind to him indeed. However, I ask those of you who think he needs nerfs to step up and tell me why. I'm not trying to call anyone out or start beef, I am truly curious as to why you guys think this way? Is it because of his solid buttons along with excellent tick throws? Or is it the buffs he has with Relentless and Unstoppable? Are these things too strong? I'd love to hear what you guys think!
its because they are whiny bitches and they don't know how to lab matchups or would rather ruin a perfectly good character that is not broken at all. he has one thing remotely broke and thats just a glorified Armor break.

Bruno-NeoSpace

They see me zonin', they hatin'
Jason's D1 and some other strings are just -2 on block... Ravenous's pounce is also just -2 on block... RIP Liu Kang (Dragon's Fire and Dualist), Tremor and Sub-Zero when they don't have meter.

MadeOfMetal

Jason's D1 and some other strings are just -2 on block... Ravenous's pounce is also just -2 on block... RIP Liu Kang (Dragon's Fire and Dualist), Tremor and Sub-Zero when they don't have meter.
Reptiles is damn close, -3 on block, but even though it may be hard to counter, its not really, you just have to wait a bit longer before counter poking.

Bruno-NeoSpace

They see me zonin', they hatin'
Reptiles is damn close, -3 on block, but even though it may be hard to counter, its not really, you just have to wait a bit longer before counter poking.
But while i'm waiting a bit longer before counter poking, they can do another stuffs to open me up...

YoloRoll1stHit

Publicly Educated

I wonder if a Jason came and d1 you to death will you be still talking nonsense like this

trufenix

bye felicia
If they nerf mileena, alien, Kano, Sonya and Takeda, Jason will be top 3 easily.
Again, so the fuck what? The game is going to have a top 3 no matter what they do. You throw Jason on that pile people will just rebrand their pitchforks for Kotal or Jax or F/T. The cycle will continue because someone will always have numbers on a string or button you don't like.

You say I can't call out the lack of players but the only evidence I'm seeing put forth to nerf a single patch old buff is "we don't like the numbers". Who has no options (tm) against Jason's mighty d1 and command grab shennanigans? Who are jason's 7-3s and 8-2s? Are we really trying to Tanya another character because he kind of beats a couple other characters a little bit?

MadeOfMetal

But while i'm waiting a bit longer before counter poking, they can do another stuffs to open me up...
thats not what i mean, i mean slightly a bit longer, like to counter poke a -6 move you just quick counterpoke, on a -2 move you slightly wait then counter poke, and i dont mean seconds i mean wait like 3-5 frames then counterpoke. if you get me know. then you will successfully counter poke them.

trufenix

bye felicia
I wonder if a Jason came and d1 you to death will you be still talking nonsense like this
What are you talking about? Of course I've been d+1'd to death. I've also been cloned to death, hat spun to death, tanya'd to death, puggles'd to death, and every other good tactic in the game to death. I'm asking for the concrete evidence that this needs to go besides "well its not fair to my slightly shitier character."

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
God, *I* want it to be -5 so i can stop hearing complaints about the damn thing. Take it, I don't depend that much on it anyways.

MadeOfMetal

What are you talking about? Of course I've been d+1'd to death. I've also been cloned to death, hat spun to death, tanya'd to death, puggles'd to death, and every other good tactic in the game to death. I'm asking for the concrete evidence that this needs to go besides "well its not fair to my slightly shitier character."
i guess some people dont know how to adapt to different -X's on block, its not hard to counter a -2/-6 move on block. am i right? fuck i get the frustration, but people should not ask for a nerf to something so simple to lab

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
i guess some people dont know how to adapt to different -X's on block, its not hard to counter a -2/-6 move on block. am i right? fuck i get the frustration, but people should not ask for a nerf to something so simple to lab
Ok, to be fair, characters with bad mids sometimes have a REALLY hard time on this one, especially if they have bad pokes. Leatherface can handle it because D3 is godlike, same with Predator.

MadeOfMetal

Ok, to be fair, characters with bad mids sometimes have a REALLY hard time on this one, especially if they have bad pokes. Leatherface can handle it because D3 is godlike, same with Predator.
yeah but at the same time, if they have a 12-20 frame mid, they have no business doing a mid after a poke, do a coiunter poke, hell block and cross over, backdash so many options, i get the frustration, but there should be zero request for nerfs to something so fucking simple to counter. i dont even use Jason and hate the matchup, but i would never Nerf cuz something that easy to counter.