What's new

Question - Jason Voorhees Why Does Jason Need Nerfs?

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
Hey all! I'm back again, asking a question this time. I've heard a lot, and I mean A LOT of people talk about nerfing Jason with the upcoming patch and I'm just curious as to why? Yes he is very good, buffs were kind to him indeed. However, I ask those of you who think he needs nerfs to step up and tell me why. I'm not trying to call anyone out or start beef, I am truly curious as to why you guys think this way? Is it because of his solid buttons along with excellent tick throws? Or is it the buffs he has with Relentless and Unstoppable? Are these things too strong? I'd love to hear what you guys think!

Cooljaxx

Mkx is the name , Mix is the game
No down one should be able to interrupt a strings gap. Same with a meterless reversal. 6f d1 really shouldn't exist IMO. And no character should be able to do what JASONS does. Now the armor breaking this is fine. Except I think it should only happen when you EX the buff. Not regular.

CrazyFingers

No down one should be able to interrupt a strings gap. Same with a meterless reversal. 6f d1 really shouldn't exist IMO. And no character should be able to do what JASONS does. Now the armor breaking this is fine. Except I think it should only happen when you EX the buff. Not regular.
His D1 is the only thing that I've looked at and gone "yea no that can't be a thing" IT'S -2 ON BLOCK. Why. Why is it -2 on block that makes no sense, Kotal's D1 is the perfect example of what a good D1 should be and honestly just change Jason's D1 to be Kotal's, they're already so alike might as well just slap that on there xD

Solomon Gorondy

Should Goro be top 5?
Since D1 is usually a fighters fastest attack you are basically say no string should be interuptable without using armor. I do agree that Jason's should not be 6 frames; it's not like he's a four armed walking punch machine.

JORGIE

Noob
Jason is just fine. I personally don't see any problems with 6f pokes. IMO the true problem with Jason is that his d1 isonly -2 so I can just keep timing it in the corner to where Liu Kangs and Tremors have no option but to armor jump, which both get shut down/full combo punished

Cooljaxx

Since D1 is usually a fighters fastest attack you are basically say no string should be interuptable. I do agree that Jason's should not be 6 frames; it's not like he's a four armed walking punch machine.
I'm saying Jason shouldn't be able to poke through a strings gap. Like literally his d1 is so fast he can poke through certain gaps in strings. And meterlessly punishing gaps I mean mileenas ball roll. She can roll through Triborgs gaps meterlessly and easily. Not saying what your inferring but I'm talking about those 2 moves.

Cooljaxx

Jason is just fine. I personally don't see any problems with 6f pokes. IMO the true problem with Jason is that his d1 isonly -2 so I can just keep timing it in the corner to where Liu Kangs and Tremors have no option but to armor jump, which both get shut down/full combo punished
A 6f d1 being -5 or -4 doesn't sound to bad. Lackeys d1 is 6f but -5 .still gets the job done.

CrazyFingers

LOLWUT

I'd fucking kill for Kotal's d1 to be -2. It's like -5, I believe. Kotal's d1 range is godlike. Making it -2 would make him effin' dumb. lol

But Jason's d1 trumps Kotal's in everything except range.
I've played both of these characters and I agree, Kotal with a -2 D1 would be even more *soap bar in mouth*

Cooljaxx

LOLWUT

I'd fucking kill for Kotal's d1 to be -2. It's like -5, I believe. Kotal's d1 range is godlike. Making it -2 would make him effin' dumb. lol

But Jason's d1 trumps Kotal's in everything except range.
True. But still . These d1 can easily interrupt plus frames. Even when your move should "supposedly" beat it out. That's why I don't like them

Bruno-NeoSpace

They see me zonin', they hatin'
Jason's D1 should be AT LEAST -5. Being -4, Kang's and Tremor's players should be a JEDI to win the poke war.

And it's not Jason's D1 that should be AT LEAST -5. He has a lot of strings that are -2 on block.

Can we talk about Slasher that has SAFE 50/50s that leads into a meterless 40% combo on the corner?

The solution: make Slasher's shoulder charge -20 on block. If I guess wrong, I'll eat 40%; If I guess right, I'll punish him with 40%.

Last edited:

trufenix

bye felicia
In this game full of people bitching about safe loopable 50/50s we're really trying to tear down a mid tier character that requires a pretty solid read game just because he can do what everybody does to break frame traps in every other game? Do we just want no one to be happy?

Daemantalo

Not Good Enough
Jason just needs that D1 fixed. It builds really bad habits for players when mashing one button is actually a solution, because someone wasn't fast enough to react to the 2 frame gap to counter poke. I'd like it to be -4.