What's new

Why does Death Spear Combo ability need Death Spin?

Parasurama

Dragon
I wanna make a variation with hell port cancel and the death spear combo ability. I don’t see the need to have the death spear combos ability to be locked with death spin as it limits possibilities for Scorpion Customs.

@16 Bit @M2Dave

Last edited:

Parasurama

Dragon
Because pole vault cancel needs pole vault on jade lol
it isn’t the same because you need to use the pole vault to cancel it. The combo strings do not need spear spin- It is just another special. Although I wouldn’t mind if Jade gets it.

colby4898

Special Forces Sonya Up-player
Hopefully these kind of things will change soon!
It won't. The great thing about variations in MKX was that they were built with variations in mind. So they could gel moves together well. Give characters extra small things if they needed it etc. Here NRS are limited to a very strict 3 slot rule. And with so many moves clashing with base moves, or other custom moves, so many being two slots and combinations being tournament banned, as well as there only being 8-10 custom moves, its so limited. The moves dont jel together very often cos they're build independently rather than with a playstyle built in mind like MKX. Some moves are useless, some are essential so lacking variety. Customs is meant to be feel creative and open, but for the most part it feels the opposite, and it would take a drastic change to fix that. Customs is a cool idea, but executed terribly imo.

This is one of their most blatant oversights regarding kustoms. Only reason I can think of is they didn’t want Misery Blade + death spear combo due to the mix ups that would have

Parasurama

Dragon
This is one of their most blatant oversights regarding kustoms. Only reason I can think of is they didn’t want Misery Blade + death spear combo due to the mix ups that would have
I think everything should be fine in terms of the death spear combos. It is unlikely anything will break the game.

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
They probably dont want you to be able to hit confirm f32 and be able to make it safe with teleport cancel. Not to mention f32 would be his longest range option which would give him a safe, hitconfirm/os overhead from halfway across the screen. You'll see scorpion players throwing out f3 all over the place with the threat of a safe followup. This would be pretty dumb imo but this game is full of bullshit anyway.

Last edited:

Parasurama

Dragon
They probably dont want you to be able to hit confirm f32 and be able to make it safe with teleport cancel. Not to mention f32 would be his longest range option which would give him a safe, hitconfirm/os overhead from halfway across the screen. You'll see scorpion players throwing out f3 all over the place with the threat of a safe followup. This would be pretty dumb imo but this game is full of bullshit anyway.
I don’t think they considered that when they made the rule. However if that is the case then it is OK- although that was what I wanted to do (F32 confirms) and have a better 21 string. His custom moves feel very limiting though.

colby4898

Special Forces Sonya Up-player
They could just make tp cancel and the spear strings a tournament banned combination though. They dont need to tie it to the death spin move.

Last edited: