What's new

Why do you think they got rid of neutral jumps pop ups and added in short hops?

Basically what the title says. I was actually pretty used to njp as it was useful on a hard read for a jump in. It was also little harder to punish than a jump forward punch or a jump backwards punch. I play FF Kitana so I find hard reading nj a lot with jump in 1 aerial. Why do you guys think they removed it? Short hops are kinda the same. There are some slight uses for them with punishment and oki and Im blessed with a jump in punch with float on a short hop, but besides that what seems to be the intention of them in competitive play? Thanks for the replies.

xKMMx

Banned
Because too many people bitched about them being free combo starters probably. I like short hop for a quick answer to pokes and command mid and low command grabs I think they fit very well in the game. MKX is still my favorite MK game ever and I have plenty of gripes about this game but I think short hops are very well placed in the meta of this game. They are almost all punishable too so you have to be careful with em.

Because too many people bitched about them being free combo starters probably. I like short hop for a quick answer to pokes and command mid and low command grabs I think they fit very well in the game. MKX is still my favorite MK game ever and I have plenty of gripes about this game but I think short hops are very well placed in the meta of this game. They are almost all punishable too so you have to be careful with em.
Just curious why wouldnt you full nj since you get a full combo on landing unless they whiff?

Snibbor

Yarrrr Matey
If you neutral jump, you’re lingering in the air for a while, making you easy to anti air. If you read a mid grab NJ isn’t a bad idea, but generally you don’t want to be jumping at point blank range very often.

BKV2

BloodRayne for MK1
I like NJ but screw having that with these new waves of crackheads we play in KL and in general now lol everyone would be jumping on wake up 55x more than they do now tryna get free launches.

I hate it for the fact IA's basically got removed from the MK franchise and makes thing like BS scorpion NJP ( NJ D1/2 ) unnecessarily difficult. Just IMHO

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
One potential reason is the series has been trying to move away from the bad goofy animations, and well I have a soft spot for NJP, they did look dumb as hell.

However they still have that similar pop up animation for a handful of moves, so IDK.

One potential reason is the series has been trying to move away from the bad goofy animations, and well I have a soft spot for NJP, they did look dumb as hell.

However they still have that similar pop up animation for a handful of moves, so IDK.
Yeah like Sonya's shorthop U3 is a major step up animation-wise :p