What's new

Why Do You Play/Main Sheeva

Espio

Kokomo
I did one of these for Stryker/Jade. I feel Sheeva definitely deserves one and we've been missing out on fun, optimistic threads lately :)

I'll start I play Sheeva because she was this scary beastly chick, unlike the other female characters and I loved that about her because it made her unique along with telestomp and her fireball looked so stylish in MK3. I also really loved that she was a character that was motivated by honor and protecting her people above all else.

I was excited for her returning in Armageddon, she looked absoultely awesome, but that game was very bleh lol.

When MK9 came around, I was hoping for Sheeva to be confirmed and when she was I literally felt happt that she had gotten her classic win pose, the bow along with all her retro specials along with her anti-air grab <3.

Sheeva is literally one of the most fun characters I have ever played and she made this game a lot more rewarding for me and hopefully the more support she gets, we'll see her more often :)

So why do you guys play/main Sheeva?

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
I dunno, I always pick shitty characters or perceived shitty characters. I enjoy the challenge of that "you're screwed" scenario. Even if I lose I had to try.
And it's all the more satisfying when you realize that as long as you can d4 you can win. :p
Sheeva is not a bad character at all just harder to win with than Kung Lamo, Spammy Cage, or Lolpion.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Women with honor and purpose are fucking irresistable, no matter how many arms they have.
In that case I know a female kraken that works as a nurse that you might be interested in.

also anybody notice how the pic Espio posted presents sheeva from topdown on the tits but bottom up on the cooch? Whoever made it wanted to wank too badly to bother with perspective.

Espio

Kokomo
I almost feel I should change the picture now, I went for that one cause she looked really fierce with her fire glowing from her palms lmao.

Lumpymoomilk

Online Punching Bag
And it's all the more satisfying when you realize that as long as you can d4 you can win. :p
Sheeva is not a bad character at all just harder to win with than Kung Lamo, Spammy Cage, or Lolpion.
No she's not that bad at all, but alot of people think she is. She does ok in a good amount of matches, just the few like Kung Lao, Mileena, Kitana sometimes are just so awful.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
No she's not that bad at all, but alot of people think she is. She does ok in a good amount of matches, just the few like Kung Lao, Mileena, Kitana sometimes are just so awful.
I have little experience with her but I think that she's even more timing and spacing dependent than Jade. Or differently so because Jade can glow through shtuff while Sheeva doesn't have that luxury.

peachyO

Noob
I dont Play/Main Sheeva
great story bro. i thought this thread was was those of us who DO main/play sheeva...
Probably a good choice unless you enjoy losing a fair amount.
not a good choice, and you only lose if you fall into a scared victim mentality.

Sindelia and STB Espio =<3<3<3<3 :)

anyway...
yes, in 1995, sheeva cast a spell on me, and i never cared to try to break it. she was a dream come true for me: huge, powerful, intimidating, mighty. i tend to be wary of females in fighting games because many are placed there to serve as mere eye candy for horny pubescent virgins to fap to, or to be the "token" female just so that PC groups don't cry foul. (MK chicks tend to be eye candy to, but the vast majority of them have substance, storyline, and purpose to their existence). sheeva, however, was something entirely different: she was there to kick ass, for honor, duty, and loyalty. a female grappler (i believe the only one in fighting games) who uses brute strength, not feminine guile, to vanquish foes. a striking appearance; amazonian, fearsome, grotesque, but still oddly sensuous. sheeva is one bad-ass bitch.

as far as her gameplay, she just "feels" right. when i play a fighting game, i want to feel like i'm powerful and imposing, and i do when i use her. she is also insanely fun. i love her moveset and IMO no other character has one that so perfectly fits them. yes, she was made too slow, they didn't give her quite high enough damage output, and her glorious stomp was heavily nerfed from MK:A to MK9. but she is still a fucking tank. and yes, you CAN win with her. i will demonstrate to ANYBODY who doubts. and her alt costume imo is the best outfit in the whole game.

sheeva requires special handling, and that makes her undesirable to many competitive players, who look to only use characters with broken/OP'd exploits which allow victory without really tapping into their movesets. to win with sheeva, EVERY move, whether it be a normal, a string, or a special, is crucial. she is a thinking player's character, as her most insanely damaging combos are situational, and you must create those situations in order to exploit them. she's a challenge, but there is no greater feeling than choosing sheeva, watching your foe cower and counterpick with lao, kitana, or mileena, and being able to smile confidently...knowing you are going to mop the floor with this counterpicking tier whore. oh, there is one greater feeling...getting that PM BEGGING you not to brag on TYM how your sheeva babied their tourney-tested kung lao TWICE! LOL i promised not to name names, but i never promised not to tell that it happened ;)

sheeva is my main, and i will NEVER leave her!!