What's new

General/Other Why do you play/main Jade?

Espio

Kokomo
This is just a fun, little different type of thread than we usually have, so bare with me and my nerdy, but positive rant:).

I originally started playing Jade during MK Trilogy because she was the first character with staff and she had the weirdest move that I had never seen before, the ability to nullify projectiles, I used to think she was a ghost as a kid (I was like six, don't make fun of me:oops: lol).

Plus she wore green, my fave color and she was this mysterious character who was struggling with where her loyalties lied, with her best friend or with the Emeperor she had served for years. She ultimately chose friendship and justice over the powerful emeperor. She saved Kitana from being assasinated by Reptile and cleared the way for Kitana to reunite with her mother, Queen Sindel. That was so awesome to me, even as a kid, I didn't have good friends like that growing up (didn't have them till i got much older) so I immediately loved her.

I was quite disappointed that she didn't return for MK4 or Deadly Alliance, but she came back in a big way in Deception with the coolest new outfit, unmasked and stylin'. Her rivalrywith Tanya was absolutely amazing as it developed over the bios and endings. She has always been portrayed as strong, mysterious, loyal and level headed, which I respect in a character and kind of reminded me of how I've always tried to be myself.

Armageddon was w/e lol.

MKv.s.DC didn't have her.

In MK9, she's as awesome as she was previously, but she actually got an established personality as a sassy, sarcastic chick. Great lines and a portrayal that encapsulated what made her awesome in UMK3 and MK Trilogy. Despite her death, I'm hopeful she'll be playable next game, especially since this is a tournament worthy fighter now. Hopefully they have awesome plans for her, should be interesting to see how they work her arcade ending and death/enslavement by Quan Chi.

TL;DR version: Jade's amazing and a favorite of mine. I will play her regardless of tier placing as long as she remains fun and awesome as a character.

Why do you play/main Jade? Is it her design, her gameplay, her story, moves or a little bit of everything? Whatever your reason, sound off, we're all very passionate about Jade as a character otherwise we wouldn't still be playing her:D.

RTM2004

Revenant Jade
I liked Jade since MKII, the secret character immune to projectiles with Kitana's bronze fans was awesome.

MK3 Jade was fun to play, I used Sindel and Sonya mostly in that game.

MKD was awesome seeing Jade return good at everything, I preferred her alternate costume with the pigtails <3

I first saw Jade in MK9 on an issue of Game Informer, that one little photo in the corner I feel in love instantly! The same applies to Sindel. Also seeing her in action despite getting beat up by Noob Saibot in his trailer, first glimpse of Jade was love at her first moves. Someone should post Noob Saibot's trailer featuring Jade here. I admit she was difficult to play with at first because she was very slow compared to Mileena in the Demo. From April to May of last year she was really good. Then June to September, she was nerfed to hell. She's still fun to play as but very challenging to win with. I still play her because of character loyalty, I wouldn't feel comfortable taking her to a tournament sadly. If this so called rumored hotfix/patch ever arrives, hopefully Jade will have wonderful things that would make her simply the best despite her many problems. Giving Sindel an armored Ex Cartwheel/Ex Yell would complete her. With Jade, whatever NRS does to her, it better be good.

Espio

Kokomo
I first saw Jade in MK9 on an issue of Game Informer, that one little photo in the corner I feel in love instantly! The same applies to Sindel. Also seeing her in action despite getting beat up by Noob Saibot in his trailer, first glimpse of Jade was love at her first moves. Someone should post Noob Saibot's trailer featuring Jade here..
This trailer? Para ti

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.
Everything about her is cool. She wears green, :) she kicks your ass with a magical pole, love the name "Jade" also, and she has a sexy butt.

Jade green is like my favorite green eva!

RTM2004

Revenant Jade
This trailer? Para ti
LMAO! That's the Trailer!

Every time I get X-Rayed by a Noob Saibot player online with Jade, I get that flashback memory. It sucks Jade got beat up badly.... :'D but after playing good Noob Saibot players on XBL, Jade can reverse roles and beat up Noob... easy XD

RTM2004

Revenant Jade
The thing I never understood is why don't the Gold Chains on her Hips... jiggle and make jingle sounds? XD

Espio

Kokomo

^Got me hyped for Jade.

LMAO! That's the Trailer!

Every time I get X-Rayed by a Noob Saibot player online with Jade, I get that flashback memory. It sucks Jade got beat up badly.... :'D but after playing good Noob Saibot players on XBL, Jade can reverse roles and beat up Noob... easy XD
I was like damn, Noob's going to be top tier when I saw that trailer, I was so scared lol. Jade be trollin' Noob hard though, especially when you go against scrubby Noob players.

RTM2004

Revenant Jade

^Got me hyped for Jade.
*Looks at Sindel's ridiculously slow Scream unpatched* - My first impression, Wow.. Sindel spams.. what it came to be XD

Jade in that foreign trailer is SO SEXY!

I'm going to test out that Kitana/Jade X-Ray combo later XD D1~X-Ray on Jade is awesome.

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
First time I played her was UMK3. I picked her because she had Johnny Cage's shadow kick. For me this was (and still is) the most powerful move in MK series. This move portrayed so much power on it's impact that I couldn't not play her. I didn't play later MK's, but she remained one of my favorite characters in UMK3. Now, MK9 showed up. I was hyped for Jade. When I saw that picture with her in the corner of a page of a magazine, wearing slightly dark green with GOLD and black, and fucking long hair with a little over one eye and tightened a little below her neck - I fell in love (I love her 1st costume hair style, it's so damn sexy). Of course her costume is the sexiest, her costume 2 panties (my favourite type of panties for a girl to wear :) ) and 4 lines on the back and her belly drive me crazy!

Maybe ^^^ is right, but I like sexy girls who look good, no matter real or digital.
And she has the most decent and balanced personality, she's swaggy, independent, cocky, doesn't cry or bitch, and makes it easy for everybody :)
Oh yeah, and that Noob trailer got me pissed because she got beaten bad. I needed to beat Noob when the game came out because he beat my girl *angryface*

RTM2004

Revenant Jade
When I saw that picture with her in the corner of a page of a magazine, wearing slightly dark green with GOLD and black, and fucking long hair with a little over one eye and tightened a little below her neck - I fell in love (I love her 1st costume hair style, it's so damn sexy).
That corner photo of Jade in the issue of Game Informer XD *Same First Jade Love Experience* for MK9.

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
The answer is simple. Kitana is a bitch, Mileena is psychotic, and Jade is none of these. Add the fact that she looks so irresistable and you got me drooling over my controller over her hotness... :eek: Sorry...

CompletelyJaded

Whiffmaker
I used to like her for her personality. I originally started off with Kitana but I didn't like her personality in the movies. Jade is a strong independent woman while Kitana is this damsel in distress.
Too bad she's ass tier and useless to boot.
People keep talking about footsies, and spacing, how are you going to footsie or space a character that has superior frames that you can't even TOUCH? They are not going to edge towards you cautiously, they'll just jump over your shadowkick, jp into combo. Jump over your projectiles, jp into combo. Overjump your ex glow, jp into combo.
You can just disrespect Jade's frames and win, she has nothing scary or technical about her, once they figure out your moves you're sitting duck and you can't even release block because surprise: you have fuck all in frames to poke out of the pressure. Two words. Sub zero mid. Wait that was three. The fucking ice sword hits you in d3, jip, and even if you crossjump him. And he's not the only character with a bullshit move, but here's just the bottom line.
Jade is the only one WITHOUT.

I'm out.

salvificblood

Worst Sub-Zero Ever
I used to like her for her personality. I originally started off with Kitana but I didn't like her personality in the movies. Jade is a strong independent woman while Kitana is this damsel in distress.
Too bad she's ass tier and useless to boot.
People keep talking about footsies, and spacing, how are you going to footsie or space a character that has superior frames that you can't even TOUCH? They are not going to edge towards you cautiously, they'll just jump over your shadowkick, jp into combo. Jump over your projectiles, jp into combo. Overjump your ex glow, jp into combo.
You can just disrespect Jade's frames and win, she has nothing scary or technical about her, once they figure out your moves you're sitting duck and you can't even release block because surprise: you have fuck all in frames to poke out of the pressure. Two words. Sub zero mid. Wait that was three. The fucking ice sword hits you in d3, jip, and even if you crossjump him. And he's not the only character with a bullshit move, but here's just the bottom line.
Jade is the only one WITHOUT.

I'm out.
So you're saying it's bullshit that Sub-Zero can defend himself from incredibly lame crossups like d3, crossup punch? Why should Sub-Zero not have a move which protects his back when he's a character with relatively poor mobility?

CompletelyJaded

Whiffmaker
So you're saying it's bullshit that Sub-Zero can defend himself from incredibly lame crossups like d3, crossup punch? Why should Sub-Zero not have a move which protects his back when he's a character with relatively poor mobility?
This is not the sub zero thread. But in relation to Jade, let's see... Sub has:
- superior attack frames
- three ways to immobilize the target, which are all AA utilities as well.
- unblockable that immobilizes (wait that's the fourth)
- his cons are that he is slow and that his damage is not as great as, say, Shang's or Rain's.

Jade has a con for all of her pros but I already addressed this one. If you don't understand Jade you won't understand why I've quit her now, for good.

Espio

Kokomo
This is not the sub zero thread. But in relation to Jade, let's see... Sub has:
- superior attack frames
- three ways to immobilize the target, which are all AA utilities as well.
- unblockable that immobilizes (wait that's the fourth)
- his cons are that he is slow and that his damage is not as great as, say, Shang's or Rain's.

Jade has a con for all of her pros but I already addressed this one. If you don't understand Jade you won't understand why I've quit her now, for good.
If she's better next game, will you return to playing her?