What's new

General/Other Why Do You Play as Hawkgirl?

learis1

Guardian Cadet
I play as her because I'm a huge fan of Justice League and Justice League Unlimited. I don't read comics so cartoons are the main way I know superheroes.

From that series, by far my favorite characters were Shayera, John Stewart, and the MM. I would probably play GL in this game if they gave him a John Stewart skin and voiceover.

Anyways, back to HG. She's the toughest girl I know and I like playing tough characters. I also like how she yells and screams and puts everything into her mace swings in the show. I think they captured it decently in the game.

I also like how I feel like I'm the underdog but I'm never going to give up when I play her. I think she knows the same thing a lot of time in fights but she doesn't care.

Boodendorf

Bird woman!
1)because she was the underdog before the game came out, everybody was saying she was a terrible char and nobody wanted to play her.
2)natural synch, I didn't need to do much at all to get great results using her unlike every other characters. Everything she does feels natural to me.
3)I like blunt weapons very much.

The Slaj Jazz

TIckle my sweet salty nips
1. Shes a Hawtgurl
2. Shes a redhead ;)
3. Shes underplayed and I like playing underplayed characters.

insomnia_ftw

It's simple.. We normalize the superman.
I loved her in the JL/JLU series as well. As an injustice character, I really like her hit and run tactics. She can be in your ass and then jarringly change the match pace by flying, and then go back to being in your ass.

SoundsLikePAUSE

Neptune's Beard!!!
1)because she was the underdog before the game came out, everybody was saying she was a terrible char and nobody wanted to play her.
Really? That's surprising since she was such a big part of the JL cartoon. I'm not a big fan of her, but I was glad she was included. She looks awesome and they gave her, her own specific play style.

But to stay on topic, I definitely don't main her, but she is fun to use. Especially since most online have no idea how to fight her.

Gruff757

The Gruff
One of my favorite superheroines/villainesses along with wonderwoman, vixen, storm, catwoman, circe, huntress, black canary

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
I knew nothing about her, or much of DC, going into this game, but here are my reasons:
1.) Her look. I love her wings...she reminds me of Archangel from X-Men.
2.)No one was really talking about her pre-release so I naturally gravitated to her.
3.She seems slick, cool, and fierce.
4.) Within minutes of playing her I knew she'd be a force to be reckoned with.
5.)She suits my game...i like rushing down and zoning.
6.) She isn't corny in her dialouge.

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
I loved her in the JL/JLU series as well. As an injustice character, I really like her hit and run tactics. She can be in your ass and then jarringly change the match pace by flying, and then go back to being in your ass.
Yes this! Very few if any can accomplish this in Injustice.

Jon Berg

Noob
I was crossing my fingers the whole time this game was being developed for my favorite superhero from DC, and comics overall Hawkman to be in it. Instead I got hawkgirl. I settled.

Hmmm let's see

1. I naturally gravitate to female characters first, usually for swiftness and movement(pay no attention to the fact that I use Zod and Adam too, that's a side effect of liking characters with presence as well.)
2. Jennifer "Motherflipping Paragon Shephard" Hale
3. DCAU fan, still hoping on a maskless alt, until then regime for that great hair. I like aesthetics in my characters :3
4. DAT MACE *bites lip*

She might get less attention than some of the others I work on, I greatly came to regret that in a local tourney vs a frost player that tore my Adam apart, but couldn't deal with my Hawk, but my rustiness made me unable to seal the deal despite so many chances that made me kick myself after.

She's just fun and I promise to make it up to her for all my neglecting :(

Oh yeah
5. Regime alt makes her fit my pantheon of dictators just fine^^,Now if only Batgirl would get a regime cassandra alt or something :3

I actually didn't know her name until I looked at imdb just now. Shit she's been in everything!
YEs she has been :3 Anyone preferring renegade shep can just go frost too :3

Other notable favs of mine are Bastila, Jun and Rosalind Lutece <3
JuSt hope hawk and frost get some dcau alt love.

Started playing her a few days ago. I dont know much about the DC universe in general, but I like her playstile, maybe because it kinda reminds me of Kitana's in MK9 (she was one of my mains).

1) she was the closest thing to black canary personality-wise
2) a lot of people were saying she sucked and she wasnt talked about a lot
3) I've gotten used to her hit-and-run style and I like it.
4) I love the sound when the mace hits people
5) I liked her in JLU
6) I'm very much anticipating her (eventual?) maskless alt

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
- She looks awesome, one of the few females in the game and dont look fugly (I dont want a maskless alt coz i feel it'll crush my dreams ;__; )
- She has a very unique style and induces alot of salt and hatmail which is amusing to me lol.
- No corny lines and has one of the few VAs i actually like in the game.
- very underrated with tons of potential.
- Mobility options in a game with almost none, i love being able to actually move (granted some MUs dont let you do that all >.> )

Saboteur-6

Filthy Casual
Hawkgirl was one of the first characters I looked into:

- She's voiced by Jennifer Hale who voices Commander Shepard (female version) from the Mass Effect series and I'm a HUGE Mass Effect nerd.
- I could tell that she was going to have some dirt from wing evade and flight stance.
- She's a bit of an obscure character and I like sleeper characters.

Sadly, though I didn't stick with her.

Espio

Kokomo
Lead Moderator
As a kid, I fell in love with Hawkgirl and Martian Manhunter from the Justice League cartoon. I loved how strong she was and she wielded a lightning mace...I'd never seen anything like it at the time and she had such a cool personality and air to her.

Interestingly enough though, I had no intention of playing her all that much in Injustice though despite how much I liked her in the cartoons. She was going to be like my 4th or 5th character behind Aquaman, Cyborg, Raven etc., but she ended up becoming a serious main and I barely play Raven and others that I had gone into this game planning to main.

I love her flight, mobility and how they got her just right, she's strong and graceful. A lot of her strings and specials involve her doing flips, twirling and such, she's visually awesome to play.

She fits me and how I like to play because she allows me to play very safe, conservative and lame while still having safe options up close to pressure and her corner mix up/pressure game is really fun. She gives me versatility to play in a lot of ways effectively and that's what I look for in a character. I was going to drop the game till I started learning her actually too lol because I wasn't having fun prior to picking her up.

She has great clash dialogue with a lot of characters, no corny lines, she's pretty, maces are sick, strong female character and I love her hair <3.

TL;DR: Hawkgirl is awesome!

seeo

That's my Jam!
Dat red hair and DEM WINGS....

She an awesome and obscure character.

I love going into KOTH Lobbies my friends started and hearing them go "oh no here comes that bird" and getting a quick win streak going.

I usually start fighting games with female characters to be different (cammy in SF, Julia in Tekken, Sarah in VF, etc....)

Oh yeah I also like hearing that mace make contact with the opposition and the victory pose when she MIGHTY THORS the ground with her mace and then you see how flat DAT STOMACH IS OOOOOH

Her D1 reminds me of Kitana's D1, so I like to mash it.
People have trouble with Mace Charge so I like to use it a ton, and burn meter with it too.

Sometimes, I link D1 into Mace Charge.
She is a bully and I like that.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
* Her gameplay style is SO unique
* Love her wings
* She was always one of my top favorite heros
* She reminds me so much to Jade (in Jade mirrors all was about Shadow glow, Shadow Kick, Staff Lams and Boomerangs... With Hawkgirl mirrors is all about Mace charges, flight, mace tosses and Wing Evades <3)
* Love her voice and her quotes, don't to mention her wagger pose
* I love when her mace shines
* I love her combo style, a combination between ground and air moves <3

TheSpore

Nurgle Chaos God of Death and Disease
I always thought that angelic imagery was really cool and I cannot think of any other FG that has a character that plays like her. Its odd I would use her, considering I always go for characters like Mileena, KF, and CW. Also she is so vastly under-rated, most people don't take her seriously and as I continue to spend time on her, she has tools that are highly usable in many of her match-ups. Even when grounded she is still a force to reckon with and yeah I kinda got a thing for the redheads, hell I even married a redhead. They are quite firey

The Slaj Jazz

TIckle my sweet salty nips
I always thought that angelic imagery was really cool and I cannot think of any other FG that has a character that plays like her. Its odd I would use her, considering I always go for characters like Mileena, KF, and CW. Also she is so vastly under-rated, most people don't take her seriously and as I continue to spend time on her, she has tools that are highly usable in many of her match-ups. Even when grounded she is still a force to reckon with and yeah I kinda got a thing for the redheads, hell I even married a redhead. They are quite firey
Dat redhead love <3