What's new

Why do you main/play Mileena?

London Lust

Lagleena Player
I think it would be cool to know why other people play or main her.

Anyways, I've mained her since I first played Deception due to her looks actually. I thought her character was really amazing and I loved her voice and what not. Her fighting style is okay to me, but I love the character so much that I had to main her (tbh Sonya fits my playstyle more but I don't like her). It may seem crazy, but I pick my characters based on aesthetics, personality and story.

Share with us why you play the purple ninja!

TheChad_87

Bad Reputation
Sappy story time!

MK was a HUGE part of my childhood. I was born when my parents were both just 17, so we kinda grew up together. Anyway, I can remember being anywhere from 8-13 and playing MK with my Mom, Brother, and my best friend. My mom always used Mileena, because pink. So when MK9 came out, I immediately had nostalgic little flashbacks to playing the game with Mama. ^_^
Ah, memories.

If only she still had the Maneater Fatality, which you could bank on seeing if you lost to Mama. LOL!

Anyway, that's my reason. Reminds me of playing the game with my mother. =D

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
she is cool, she suits my style, she is my favorite character's sister and no one in this area plays her so it's good MU exp. So it just works out well.

eskuAdradit0

"Thanks" button abuser.
I loved her setups. Throws, neckbite, uppercut combo ender into roll into d3 or crossup.
Cannot get zoned..
ITS A WORLD OF SETUPS.

RTM2004

Revenant Jade
I liked Mileena since MK II, played her in UMK3, not really in MKD then MK9 came around, she's fun to play online.

Death

Noob
I would like to know why Death used her. Doesn't seem to like her at all. lol.
As some people know I only picked up Mileena because I saw REO using her before EVO and I thought she looked cool. She seemed pretty basic and easy to win with as well and her combos were easy to get down. As the game evolved I noticed it became tougher to win with her. Around christmas time I started to realize that she was really bad. At that time every1 was saying she was top 5 but I thought it was BS and thought she was ass and picked up Sonya cuz I saw a lot of potential with her. But yeah Mileena isn't very good at all. Shes the character you use when you play casually with a group of friends when all you care about is being the best in the group. She counters everything nooby players do. Beginners like to zone and she counters that and noobs also like to jump around and not block and she blows those people up. Thats just my opinion of her to be honest. I never really had any loyal feelings towards her like 16bit has towards Kitana.

Espio

Kokomo
Lead Moderator
I'm glad these threads have been catching on here, it's nice to get insight from why people play a character, especially if they have an emotional connection to said character <3.

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
Lol..I find it weird to use kitana and not mileena..so I main both lol.

I like her tick throws, mixups, combos, etc. She's fun to play with and I don't think she's as bad as people make her out to be.

She just needs fucking armor...

Eh SnOwY

PC FGC
Firstly saw REO do well in EVO with her, at that time i was unsure ur which char id like to main so i mainder her :D
I really like her aggressive style and her combos look fancy, Telekick is one of my favourite special moves cuz
i can get close to opponent whenever i want and dont have to deal with zoning :p

I've mained her in every game she's been in, mainly because her story has always really interested me. Her personality and voice in this game are both absolutely awesome too, made me love the character even more.

Also, when I was a little kid I always found it hilarious to telekick over and over to piss people off. :D

Jer

I'm a literal Sloth
Used her in MK2 when I was a little kid, and just decided to try her day 1 of the game, been with her ever since :)

As some people know I only picked up Mileena because I saw REO using her before EVO and I thought she looked cool. She seemed pretty basic and easy to win with as well and her combos were easy to get down. As the game evolved I noticed it became tougher to win with her. Around christmas time I started to realize that she was really bad. At that time every1 was saying she was top 5 but I thought it was BS and thought she was ass and picked up Sonya cuz I saw a lot of potential with her. But yeah Mileena isn't very good at all. Shes the character you use when you play casually with a group of friends when all you care about is being the best in the group. She counters everything nooby players do. Beginners like to zone and she counters that and noobs also like to jump around and not block and she blows those people up. Thats just my opinion of her to be honest. I never really had any loyal feelings towards her like 16bit has towards Kitana.

honestly if mileena is crap now like u said she is or like all of the others said she is ... i like that cause if someone wins with her being how crappy she is it shows the level of skill the player has accomplished playing with a crappy character and winning games or tournaments with her.. i don't run down the top tier stuff anyway ..i rather play with some one who is lover tier and win with them ..u get more ratings that way

OSpliffySmitheeyO

tym_smitheey
Saw her in mk2, loved her ever since. regardless of what char im apparently 'maining' now, Mileena will allways be my main. eveytime i come across a tough match, or one im unsure of, you can bet your ass i run to her. Though i tend to swap who i play more often than a pimp slaps his bitches, Mileena - Main freaky ass BiteYoFace off bitch for life. :)

Gh0sty

ばかみたいに無料
Because TYM chose her as my main for a week. TBH, she's not that bad...

Sent from my jailbroken iPhone using a pirated copy of Tapatalk

Goldi

Noob
Tom Brady recommended her to me because of how much I love wake up attacks lol.

But I haven't put enough effort into her. My Milly is pretty average, fairly predictable. She's really fun though.

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
She's a shenanigans character that plays risky but has very satisfying setups when they hit. I like the instant air projectile and her air combos as well. Her d4 is frustrating to deal with and I like being annoying with it.

She's just one of my side characters.

KHAOTIC_ICE

im solo left khaotic
I like her taunts like DONT BE MAD ppl rage on a mic when I do combos and she saids that i love her style and love her personality in mk9