What's new

Why do we let EVO treat us like this?

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
The focus is on commentary because the other complaints aren't unique to nrs community, yet it's still " woe is nrs community" in here.

Sajam is a good kid I'm glad I could help him grow up to be the man he is today.

@haketh @Hollywood DMS You're right Evo commnetators are paid. I misunderstood Logan when he meant not compensated = travel and lodging.
tbh who would he even be without you

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
The focus is on commentary because the other complaints aren't unique to nrs community, yet it's still " woe is nrs community" in here.

Sajam is a good kid I'm glad I could help him grow up to be the man he is today.

@haketh @Hollywood DMS You're right Evo commnetators are paid. I misunderstood Logan when he meant not compensated = travel and lodging.
He must not be too key on what actually happened. Go commentate SF, Stephen.

GAV

Because the 99% of TYM posters don't travel and don't care about the complaints the actual competitors had.
After watching your last match, I truly believe that Sektor should be buffed.

I felt like you outplayed your opponent, but the matchup of characters just cost you.

I don't care if you like me or not. I'm a fan.

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
tbh who would he even be without you
no really chef one time i back to back brutaled the poor kid with pre-est patch ermac on his own stream ever since then plus my being socal's mmh in injustice i think he realized he would always just live in my shadow for his fgc career so he did what all washed up scrubs do and the rest is history

ur welcome sajim no need to thank me tbh

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
After watching your last match, I truly believe that Sektor should be buffed.

I felt like you outplayed your opponent, but the matchup of characters just cost you.

I don't care if you like me or not. I'm a fan.
Hayatei is better than me and he outplayed me. My last match was Red Raptor and it was off-stream after I beat Vendetta and PL :( Sektor is fine he just needs hitbox adjustments. #offtopic

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
no really chef one time i back to back brutaled the poor kid with pre-est patch ermac on his own stream ever since then plus my being socal's mmh in injustice i think he realized he would always just live in my shadow for his fgc career so he did what all washed up scrubs do and the rest is history

ur welcome sajim no need to thank me tbh
thank you shazzy the fgc doesn't deserve you

Colest

Mid-Tier 'Mancer Main
Wow, someone who never heard of Cross Counter Assault.
There was like a two year period where Aris was in a constant state of controversy. Kayo Police was before Cross Counter and started his string of controversies. I heard that infamous sentence live. In retrospect, I probably should have mentioned that instead since it's undoubtedly his most well known one.

Last edited:

jmt

Noob
not to tear into this persons passage but it just needs to be said.

David is just a better commentator than K&M. Same with Aris. Commentators are simultaneous hype men for matches while explaining what's occurring in terms that even someone with limited knowledge of high level MKX could understand.
SSSTAAAHP

David, especially, does that extremely well.

Because he has to when he does mkx- cause there is a cap on what he knows its obvious. listen to him and chen talk about SFV. its no different than our top commentators sound about MKX - frames- fuzzys- options selects . Davids option select knowledge is like non-other sometimes. its great and very vast. guy is like a encyclopedia when it comes to sf . and he balances high with the limited knowledge talk. Just as KP does for mkx

Shouting at a conversion isn't good commentary. If I had a nickel for every time K&M said "(they didn't) respect the plus frames" in their various stints as commentators then I could've funded a better run tournament than EVO.
UD is great . Aris is great . honesly- still two of my fav But - K&M are way better at commentating MKX. period. if you had a nickle for every time they said that - youd have just as much $$$ as when Aris says "lord -insert name/" ( tanyer/jensen/takader/ take your pick) or a slip up on tech information.. Stop me if im wrong.

i feel some of yall are missing just what Foxy is saying about Aris and UD vs MKX norm commentators. IMO ARIS and UD honestly havent grown WITH MKX in recent months. Yes they are a major part of the FG community but when it comes to MKX and EVO- we should have had someone who's pretty much been "OUR Guys" for us during top 8. ( under top 8 - pick whoever-)

KP, K&M, Chef are prime examples- name one thing they havent put their 120% into when it came to mkx. From Launch until now. (Shit, even before launch.) example. Name one time on stream KP DIDNT tell people to come out and play ? no contest , they have been always involved- whether commentating, PLAYING or just helping out when they can.

Plus -if all other things- there should be a respect there that was just not acknowledged.

lets put it this way
who do you think has more knowledge about the game
who do you think has more love for the game
who do you think has more connection with the players
who do you think has more of a chance to invite people to just come play mkx and have fun
who do you think can give more insight to out mkx events
who do you think has more insider stories on personal rivalries, country rivals, and just match ups in general.
Whens the last time they entered to play MKX at a tourney ?

all in all - im just saying
You're insane. Aris is fucking horrible.

Plus the dude looks like a bum that hasn't showered in 3 months. Horrible look for such a big stage.

GAV

Hayatei is better than me and he outplayed me. My last match was Red Raptor and it was off-stream after I beat Vendetta and PL :( Sektor is fine he just needs hitbox adjustments. #offtopic
I watched the one with Red Raptor. It was on Twitch Channel EVOSRK4.

Anywho, impressive performance.

GAV

You're insane. Aris is fucking horrible.

Plus the dude looks like a bum that hasn't showered in 3 months. Horrible look for such a big stage.
Your hatred of Aris rivals my own hatred of Alien.

I wanted K&M to commentate top 8, but I don't think Aris is bad. I think he and UD did a fine job. It just wasn't K&M, who IMO are the best at commentating MKX.

Can someone educate me on what Aris said or did to get this much venom? Maybe link me to the video...

It would be appreciated.

EXRoll

Noob
Guys, I know this might be tough, but stay with me on this one... What if people actually wanted Aris and UltraDavid over Ketchup and Mustard?? Gasp!!!
This ^
I like K&M, but honestly as someone who plays and understands the game, I really don't need all the technical commentary that K&M usually do. I mean, I'm literally listening to what I'm watching. You might think technical commentary is helpful for people who don't play the game, but 1) are those people watching and 2) if they were watching how much of it would they really understand? Most fighting game players understand generally what an EX move is, what wakeups are, etc.

Aris and UltraDavid was a good combo of comedy and light technical explanations. K&M are great, but I hate hearing play-by-play commentary.

However, I have to agree with Foxy about commentators knowing the history/storylines of competitors, something K&M would know. I think Aris & UD lack in that aspect.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
@Kitana Prime and Ultradavid would be such a great combo. KP is basically Aris and UD mixed into one person. Heis funny as fuck, but also has tech knowledge and community knowledge. Pairing him with the pro styling of UD would be awesome.

sars

Noob
I don't know why we talking bout commentary when we could be talking about how to improve evo. MK was the game that got me playing fighting games. I love this community and the hype moments it brings.i route for sonic fox cause I love seeing everyone salty but I also wanted to see TM win it cause that would of been the greatest pop off of all time. Evo got so much hype this year and my dream is to go and compete just to be there. When I go I want a good experience though. To me KP is the best MK commentator cause he makes everything hype even if it isn't. I also like K&p and UD. At the end of the day it doesn't matter who commentates as long as the people playing MK are treated right.

tafka Djinn

One for three off the roof

Can someone educate me on what Aris said or did to get this much venom? Maybe link me to the video...

It would be appreciated.
To the question can you get some Street Fighter without sexual harassment:
"You can't. You can't because they're one and the same thing. This is a community that's, you know, 15 or 20 years old, and the sexual harassment is part of a culture, and if you remove that from the fighting game community, it's not the fighting game community" - Aris

When asked if shouting "rape that bitch!" at a match is acceptable: "Look, man. What is unacceptable about that? There's nothing unacceptable about that. These are people, we're in America, man, this isn't North Korea. We can say what we want. People get emotional." - Aris

Just google Aris Super_Yan, the dude is a toxic asset to the FGC. It'll come down to a point where we either get him, or respectable esports.

Reactions: GAV

Jynks

Can someone educate me on what Aris said or did to get this much venom? Maybe link me to the video....
Aris made a bad joke once that was sexist and years latter people can not let it go. This is supposed to be America, people make mistakes sure, but one small error shouldn't mean you are guilty for the rest of your life. I'm sure everyone has done and said stupid things now and then. It is just a kind of fascism to basically convict a man for something so long ago. Was it stupid, was it out of line... yes. Even so brining it up constantly is ridiculous.

I mean he isn't like he did what "Hyuga" did this evo or anything.

GAV

To the question can you get some Street Fighter without sexual harassment:
"You can't. You can't because they're one and the same thing. This is a community that's, you know, 15 or 20 years old, and the sexual harassment is part of a culture, and if you remove that from the fighting game community, it's not the fighting game community" - Aris

When asked if shouting "rape that bitch!" at a match is acceptable: "Look, man. What is unacceptable about that? There's nothing unacceptable about that. These are people, we're in America, man, this isn't North Korea. We can say what we want. People get emotional." - Aris

Just google Aris Super_Yan, the dude is a toxic asset to the FGC. It'll come down to a point where we either get him, or respectable esports.
Aris made a bad joke once that was sexist and years latter people can not let it go. This is supposed to be America, people make mistakes sure, but one small error shouldn't mean you are guilty for the rest of your life. I'm sure everyone has done and said stupid things now and then. It is just a kind of fascism to basically convict a man for something so long ago. Was it stupid, was it out of line... yes. Even so brining it up constantly is ridiculous.

I mean he isn't like he did what "Hyuga" did this evo or anything.
I'm not one to hold a grudge over words. As far as I know, he's never even hurt anyone. Words are just words. If this is it, I think people need to lighten up a bit.

Thank you both for your enlightening responses.

TheGoldenJew

PSN: The_Golden_Jew1
The commentators dont affect the quality of life at the tournament..id literally rather sit in a jail cell for 2 days then go back to evo...atleast theres a fucking bed to sit on in a prison cell.

Jynks

The commentators dont affect the quality of life at the tournament..id literally rather sit in a jail cell for 2 days then go back to evo...atleast theres a fucking bed to sit on in a prison cell.
I agree this thread has gone WAY off topic.. Some mod like @Tim Static or whomever should split all the commentator stuff into a new thread. This was supposed to be able EVO right?

tafka Djinn

One for three off the roof
I'm not one to hold a grudge over words. As far as I know, he's never even hurt anyone. Words are just words. If this is it, I think people need to lighten up a bit.

Thank you both for your enlightening responses.
Sexual harassment isn't harmful, wut? Seriously, look into the stuff he did in Cross Assault to Super Yan. I really think that's being downplayed as some harmless fun, when it's decidedly not. If he was a regular sports commentator instead of esports, he wouldn't find work as such after what he did, but because of that one letter we seem overwhelmingly kosher putting him up there again.