What's new

Why Did They Switch Teeth Inputs?

Vengeance135

Saltiest Joker Player
Okay so as the title stated, the patch just dropped and, as a whole, the joker community is HELLA pumped. An overhead, semi invincible wake up, gap issues tweaks. This is great. With that being said, why did they switch Teeth input from DB3 to DD3?

We have all been playing playing this character for years now and are completely accustomed to teeths input as DB3. Why didn't they just make the new special move we received DD3 instead? This change seems completely unnecessary.

I'm telling you, NRS is NOTORIOUS for trolling the Joker community.

If anyone has any knowledge of why, please share.

Thanks!

freerf245

11 11 11 11
Pretty sure it's because they didn't want the wake up to be dd3. And they didn't make the cannister df2 so we couldn't option select b1 cannister in the neutral. It sucks but you just gotta get used to it.

Vengeance135

Saltiest Joker Player
Because if the wakeup was a dd3 input, it would be unfair to those trying to use oki.

That's what I'd like to think anyway.
I like the thought, though the wake up can be neutral jumped for a full punish so I'm not sure if that would matter. DD3 or DB3, you still have to respect it lol

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
Im rusty on Joker stuff, but previously it was db3 right? And crowbar was df3? I honestly thought it was to make it easier to throw far teeth and not get crowbar input.. though with input shortcuts off I didn't have that much trouble after the patch that changed the input stuff.

Db3f would kinda wonk out occasionally - but again I'm speaking of the time I spent with him at release just messing around.

When I saw that change that's what came to mind for me.. it was an odd quality of life sort of change meant to prevent that overlap in certain situations.. though why they'd do that and leave Grodd SCs alone is beyond me .

Vengeance135

Saltiest Joker Player
Wow that's not great for joker players. Just in terms of combos/muscle memory alone. You guys gotta relearn all your bnbs to a certain extent
Yeah some of us older joker players are a bit salty about this change. I mean, we are grateful for actually receiving stuff this patch but this input change seems so unnecessary tbh

Vengeance135

Saltiest Joker Player
Im rusty on Joker stuff, but previously it was db3 right? And crowbar was df3? I honestly thought it was to make it easier to throw far teeth and not get crowbar input.. though with input shortcuts off I didn't have that much trouble after the patch that changed the input stuff.

Db3f would kinda wonk out occasionally - but again I'm speaking of the time I spent with him at release just messing around.

When I saw that change that's what came to mind for me.. it was an odd quality of life sort of change meant to prevent that overlap in certain situations.. though why they'd do that and leave Grodd SCs alone is beyond me .
I mean, I never really thought of a crowbar error tbh. I don't think that's happen to me and it hasn't been brought up as an issue in our discord. Maybe people new to joker had this issue?

DubiousShenron

Beware my power.
Yeah some of us older joker players are a bit salty about this change. I mean, we are grateful for actually receiving stuff this patch but this input change seems so unnecessary tbh
Yeah it's unfortunate but I'm sure you will take the input changes with the buffed joker over the old one..unfortunately I don't think nrs will change the inputs

Vengeance135

Saltiest Joker Player
Yeah it's unfortunate but I'm sure you will take the input changes with the buffed joker over the old one..unfortunately I don't think nrs will change the inputs

Yeah I'm sure it won't get changed. Our community was lucky enough to even get buffs at this point lol

Nexallus

From Takeda to Robin
These input changes make it nearly impossible for me to use joker (I used him a bit for fun). I really wish they hadn't changed these inputs, but I'll miss being able to play joker for fun.

EntropicByDesign

I mean, I never really thought of a crowbar error tbh. I don't think that's happen to me and it hasn't been brought up as an issue in our discord. Maybe people new to joker had this issue?

Yeah it would be people new to him.. but I was pretty sure that around release, before the patch that changed input buffering and such, it was actually an issue for a lot of people until.they had really ground it out. I had the issue, until the patch, and even then by that time I had mostly just gotten clean enough on my inputs that it didn't matter.

That's all I could think of as to why they made the change. Making something easier is commendable but it wasn't THAT big an issue in the first place, so I dunno lol. Just that that's what popped into my head when I saw the change as to maybe why they did it. Odd as hell no matter how you spin it.

Also, just as an aside, I am super happy for Joker players.

Vengeance135

Saltiest Joker Player
Yeah it would be people new to him.. but I was pretty sure that around release, before the patch that changed input buffering and such, it was actually an issue for a lot of people until.they had really ground it out. I had the issue, until the patch, and even then by that time I had mostly just gotten clean enough on my inputs that it didn't matter.

That's all I could think of as to why they made the change. Making something easier is commendable but it wasn't THAT big an issue in the first place, so I dunno lol. Just that that's what popped into my head when I saw the change as to maybe why they did it. Odd as hell no matter how you spin it.

Also, just as an aside, I am super happy for Joker players.
Don't get me wrong, we are pumped to actually receive changes lol just this change was pretty unnecessary. #JokerStillTheJoke

EntropicByDesign

Im hyped. I hope the changes make him viable and we start seeing more Joker players coming out and doing work. i think hes a lot of fun to watch.

Weird question, cant get on my PS4 atm.. Does he have any useful lows? Just curious how the new OH will slot into the picture.

Vengeance135

Saltiest Joker Player
Im hyped. I hope the changes make him viable and we start seeing more Joker players coming out and doing work. i think hes a lot of fun to watch.

Weird question, cant get on my PS4 atm.. Does he have any useful lows? Just curious how the new OH will slot into the picture.
B1 is his only good low. His sweep is good but hella unsafe

Vex

Noob
Probably because to fix the input issue where people get D2 crowbar when then input D2 far teeth. I haven't had the issue since the 2nd week of launch but hey there's still probably a bunch of people who never figured out that little delay before pressing forward

SarahFCM

Noob
DD3 is better as an input but I can't get my fingers to wrap around it. But they had 2 slots at least to use other than teeth so it must be because of the input issues. DF2 and DF3 are unused though

i play this game since IGAU only cos Joker, but now i cant play cos changing controls and its already 3rd time. thank you NRS...you make it game greater for fans.

i play not strong and i spend many weeks/months 2 learn how cansel d2/d1/strings into far/close teeths while juggling, now all my "hands knowledge" is useless. And even if i spend more time 2 learn new input - Joker is still the same. I wana play him byt i refuse RElearning.

UPD:
love is strong... now i have troubles only in neutral gaming with teeths

Last edited:

Vengeance135

Saltiest Joker Player
Probably because to fix the input issue where people get D2 crowbar when then input D2 far teeth. I haven't had the issue since the 2nd week of launch but hey there's still probably a bunch of people who never figured out that little delay before pressing forward

Lol I thought about that as well, though I would think the bulk of the joker community that uses him have remained loyal since the first game. You figured they would take that into account that your not only changing years of the same input, your changing the inputs on his bnb's which many newer players just got down. D2 teeth is posing more of a problem for the newer players especially, as well as the older ones.

Reactions: Vex
I actually found that dd3 is an easier input in some situations. The only combo I really struggled with was cancelling into teeth from d2, and i fixed that by going into controller config, turning off input shortcuts, and then using the shortcut d2d3. It sounds self contradictory but it actually works.