What's new

Why did NRS think ranking down your progress for 48 hours of inactivity was a good Idea?

CO-KANO

psn: UNFUCxWITABLE_1
Im a kasual player that worked hard as hell to get to god ranked with Kano and I posted my progress on TYM with videos and streams. Now im back down to Demi God and its bullshit infuriating. Part of the reason i liked God ranked was because i did it with kano and thats no easy feat. Now im at 4200 points i have 2 hours left and Im getting my ass beat because im frustrated.
People tell me that i’ll keep the highest rank I achieved but from my understanding you keep the skins and gear you were rewarded.
If this is the case then NRS can fuck off, i wanted to be a God Kano instead im just another Demi.

GothamInGray

Hanzo Main
My interpretation is that they figured it didn't make sense to keep you in the same place the longer you were out of practice. It would defeat the "fight people of your own skill" goal of KL.

Obviously, it could be executed better/not as harshly, but that's what it seems like to me.

CO-KANO

psn: UNFUCxWITABLE_1
My interpretation is that they figured it didn't make sense to keep you in the same place the longer you were out of practice. It would defeat the "fight people of your own skill" goal of KL.

Obviously, it could be executed better/not as harshly, but that's what it seems like to me.
So wack

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
To keep people playing their game but its backfiring. I haven't touched it the 1st week of KL and it was grueling enough just to make 1 rank up with all these rage quitters taking my wins. You think people want to go through that shit again? They dont love themselves.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator

Honestly, that may have been what they wanted, but it just seems like they want people to keep playing the league to rank up their playtime hours. Since more hours played = game is doing well even if the player base isn't immense. It seems they really want everyone to play this mode, every day.

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
If I dont get my God rank back Then fuck this game. Im at 4226 points and have been on a losing streak. My win loss right now is 229/229
Its so frustrating having worked this hard and then coming back from a 16 hour shift to this crap
I guess how they compensate for this is....even though you lose points, you still get the rewards from the highest rank you reached. But if you're trying to get higher, then yeah its bullshit

Agilaz

It has begun
You don't just keep the highest skins/gear you earned, you'll also keep your rank. If you broke into God tier once, that's your achievement for this season.

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
I really hope NRS conducts an open survey on what we think about the progression of this game thus far. Its clear they need our input because aspects/modes they have in this game are good ideas, but executed poorly.

Stevie Steelz

I break muthaf****s...
Im a kasual player that worked hard as hell to get to god ranked with Kano and I posted my progress on TYM with videos and streams. Now im back down to Demi God and its bullshit infuriating. Part of the reason i liked God ranked was because i did it with kano and thats no easy feat. Now im at 4200 points i have 2 hours left and Im getting my ass beat because im frustrated.
People tell me that i’ll keep the highest rank I achieved but from my understanding you keep the skins and gear you were rewarded.
If this is the case then NRS can fuck off, i wanted to be a God Kano instead im just another Demi.
I thought I was bugging. I played on Saturday and just BARELY made it to god rank. The next time I played again was when I got home from work yesterday and was at demigod. I'm like "what the fuck happened? I thought I ranked up?" But this explains explains it... Doesn't make sense why they would make a decision like this though.

S+ Main

Noob
I really hope NRS conducts an open survey on what we think about the progression of this game thus far. Its clear they need our input because aspects/modes they have in this game are good ideas, but executed poorly.
its like I know they wanted to take things slowly and not rush anything but goddamn. even if they did nothing but acknowledged what we are saying and state that they got something in the works would definitely be a positive.