What's new

Strategy - Cutthroat Why d4-db1 is a bad idea.

Parnak

Fight me as you will yet you can never hope to win
But surely the knife after d4 trains the oponent to be wary of counterpoking, so you can get away with d4 on block a bit better?
On first thought it does, but thing is, this could prove to be tortured logic, since like Phosferrax said, D4~DB1 is interruptable even by 8 fr. normals & pokes..

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
So with the hypothesis that if you have two viable mixups whilst you are confident that your opponent is trained to block, you should be using those instead of D4xxSpecial, it sounds good on paper, but not everyone is in possession of the neutral on block overhead option Cutthroat possesses.

In fact, another perpetrator of the D4xxSpecial practice, has an overhead that's very negative on block, and has several conversion issues even if it does hit.

So some of you may ask, where am I going with this? What does this have to do with Cutthroat or Kano in general?

Vote Shinnok, 2016. Buff Shinnok, 2016.

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
So with the hypothesis that if you have two viable mixups whilst you are confident that your opponent is trained to block, you should be using those instead of D4xxSpecial, it sounds good on paper, but not everyone is in possession of the neutral on block overhead option Cutthroat possesses.

In fact, another perpetrator of the D4xxSpecial practice, has an overhead that's very negative on block, and has several conversion issues even if it does hit.

So some of you may ask, where am I going with this? What does this have to do with Cutthroat or Kano in general?

Vote Shinnok, 2016. Buff Shinnok, 2016.
#makeb3+5

Wigy

There it is...
On first thought it does, but thing is, this could prove to be tortured logic, since like Phosferrax said, D4~DB1 is interruptable even by 8 fr. normals & pokes..
people will need to bait the d4 blade in order to interrupt, nobody is doing that on reaction. So if they're sitting waiting for it, its working as intended and forcing them to block and wait for it.

Its obviously not super sick tech etc and i don't play kano so i could be really wrong but i can't see why you wouldnt want to use this as a conditioning tool.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
people will need to bait the d4 blade in order to interrupt, nobody is doing that on reaction. So if they're sitting waiting for it, its working as intended and forcing them to block and wait for it.

Its obviously not super sick tech etc and i don't play kano so i could be really wrong but i can't see why you wouldnt want to use this as a conditioning tool.
The problem is when most people get hit by Kanos d4 they mash their own poke for some reason. That will interrupt d4 slice but d4 into f21 will usually catch them. Thats in my limited experience anyway.

Wigy

There it is...
The problem is when most people get hit by Kanos d4 they mash their own poke for some reason. That will interrupt d4 slice but d4 into f21 will usually catch them. Thats in my limited experience anyway.
Considering your risking whatever damage the knife does.. About 8% i assume + enough frames for a 50/50 to get 2% if you're execution is perfect to a frame or two. Interrupting with anytjing but armour seems unreliable