What's new

Why B3 and not B33?

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
Okay so ive been playing freddy for the last couple of days. He is known for having one of the best 50/50's in the game in b2 and b3. What i am wondering is why people use B3 instead of b33. B3 if you do not use ex claw is completely unsafe and full combo punishable and is in no way confirmable. B33 gives you the ability to hit confirm safely into claws on hit or into NMS, tele, FF, etc. however you wanna follow up if it is blocked (it might even be safe on block). I think the only downside is that you lose 5-10% in combo damage at most but i think that is worth it to make sure you are safe in going for the low part of this 50/50. Plus b33 on block allows you to enter NMS on block confirm and from that you can get a mixup or even a launch if they are caught moving. So could someone explain to me why naked b3 is being used instead of b33? If I am ignorant in some way feel free to blow me up cause i need as much freddy knowledge as i can get.
m2dave Vip3r DarKNaTaS

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Smarrgasm, I'll run some tests. I've never really used b+3,3 because b+3 xx EX spike is safe and leads to more damage. b+3,3 xx NMS / mid spike could be useful in footsies.

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
Smarrgasm, I'll run some tests. I've never really used b+3,3 because b+3 xx EX spike is safe and leads to more damage. b+3,3 xx NMS / mid spike could be useful in footsies.
Yea i think for the most part this could just give him a safe low option when you dont have meter.The 50/50 is gonna mainly be used when you have meter to burn the EX claw since it is safe. it does however allow you to not throw out the EX claw without confirming the low which could help a ton in meter management. I still think this could be very viable though since it is a low hitcomfirmable string and you can choose to burn the meter if you need extra damage.

DarKNaTaS

Retired!
Yea i think for the most part this could just give him a safe low option when you dont have meter.The 50/50 is gonna mainly be used when you have meter to burn the EX claw since it is safe. it does however allow you to not throw out the EX claw without confirming the low which could help a ton in meter management. I still think this could be very viable though since it is a low hitcomfirmable string and you can choose to burn the meter if you need extra damage.
i rather use the meter when im 100% sure im gonna catch him in it instead of wasting it.

AK Vip3r

Ghost of Vip3r
I dont use it unless I'm in the corner. when I go for the 50/50 the second 3 it juggles and limits what combos can follow, especially another 50/50.

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
I dont use it unless I'm in the corner. when I go for the 50/50 the second 3 it juggles and limits what combos can follow, especially another 50/50.
For me im looking at it like this.
Meter- B3-EX Claw-Jipb12u1-NMS1-dash-b2-f421-Far claw-SD (41%) vs. B33-EX Claw-Jipb12u1-F421-Far spike-SD (38%)
Meterless-B3-Close claw-B2-f421-far spike-SD (28%) vs B33-mid spike-Far spike-SD (19%)
You lose damage on both but you get to be safe and have options if they block correctly.
I havent explored freddy enough to know the follow ups and setups that you are referring to. I just think b33 helps in possibly saving meter, giving you options if they correctly block the low of the 50/50, and doesnt lose too much damage on the meter side and meterless it allows you to not be risky.

AK Vip3r

Ghost of Vip3r
For me im looking at it like this.
Meter- B3-EX Claw-Jipb12u1-NMS1-dash-b2-f421-Far claw-SD (41%) vs. B33-EX Claw-Jipb12u1-F421-Far spike-SD (38%)
Meterless-B3-Close claw-B2-f421-far spike-SD (28%) vs B33-mid spike-Far spike-SD (19%)
You lose damage on both but you get to be safe and have options if they block correctly.
I havent explored freddy enough to know the follow ups and setups that you are referring to. I just think b33 helps in possibly saving meter, giving you options if they correctly block the low of the 50/50, and doesnt lose too much damage on the meter side and meterless it allows you to not be risky.
you have to commit to doing (ex)/(reg) claw when doing b.3,3 due to its wierd timing, otherwise the claw will not come out. Its a similar situation to quan chi and u3 xx trance. Also, I feel there is a chance the opponent will guess right, ill just throw a solo b2 or b3 and see there reaction. Typically the opponent is expecting something to follow afterwards so 9/10 I get another free 50/50 mix-up.

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
you have to commit to doing (ex)/(reg) claw when doing b.3,3 due to its wierd timing, otherwise the claw will not come out. Its a similar situation to quan chi and u3 xx trance. Also, I feel there is a chance the opponent will guess right, ill just throw a solo b2 or b3 and see there reaction. Typically the opponent is expecting something to follow afterwards so 9/10 I get another free 50/50 mix-up.
As far as ive been testing it ive been able to hit comfirm or block confirm B33 every time. It is similar to 22 with sub zero and thats who i used to play a while back. With b33 you shouldnt have to commit and thats why i see it as being better than b3 alone.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
As far as ive been testing it ive been able to hit comfirm or block confirm B33 every time. It is similar to 22 with sub zero and thats who i used to play a while back. With b33 you shouldnt have to commit and thats why i see it as being better than b3 alone.
You using Freddy is interesting

I like it

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
When you follow with a regular claw. That is my fault for not elaborating. I dont see why you would ever do a naked b3 without some kind of follow up. B33 is also safe and has all the benefits i listed above.

AK Vip3r

Ghost of Vip3r
why do a naked b.3? to test the waters with your opponent. also, you have a slight window, due to staggering what seems like a block string, to try b.3 or b.2 right after. with b.3,3 you dont have that opportunity.