What's new

Why are there 5 different Aftermath 2.0/ End of Time leaks?

mattteo

Noob
Is it because they are fake and you can notice it because there are different things in every leak?

These are them:

1. First mention of Havik and Daegon as KP2 meant characters by the same guy who gave the PSN store description, the only word for word leak we got so far, a guy who used the name "waddlesleaker".

He is not the same guy who a few months ago tried to pass off as the same waddles but used the name wadd i es on reddit and gave a crazy "leak" about Reptile, Ermac, Smoke and many more coming in KP3, 4 and 5. That guy was a liar, he is proven, I think we know who he is, same guy faked a PSN image showing 6 characters at 25 dollars in KP3 a while back. He addmitted he was a liar and that DVD's leak was correct, says he is a friend of the DVD guy and just wanted to make fun of the community. Whatever, I don't really care what he says, anyone believeing in KP 3,4,5 wasn't paying attention to how hard NRS releases a kombat pack.

But once we take out the wadd i es lies and all the "leaks" associated with it, it's much simpler and we are left with only a handful of leaks, all resembling each other.

The initial waddles posted the part about Daegon, Havik and another guest (he said Michael Myers) and we know NRS had been in negotiations for both Ash Williams and Michael Myers, so it's very possible that Michael Myers was just replaced with Rambo. This second waddles post was about 1 week after the first one (which was a real leak), but still weeks before it could be verified by the released Aftermath in May 2020. It couldn't have been someone else using the waddles name simply because nobody believed the waddles name to belong to a true leaker.

Now Havik and Daegon never appeared on KP2, instead NRS giving Rain, Mileena and a 3rd character who is a guest, buy not Ash or Michael Myers. Which brings us to the second leak.

2. DVD guy says the 2 above MK characters have an alliance in the story mode and NRS didn't want their dialogues to give away the story, so they were moved to KP3, with Mileena and Rain being pulled back. This leaves KP3 with no female characters, something which DVD says in his initial leak that will cause upset among the fans. The no females and no guests in this leak has been used as evidence that it may not be real, but the leaker himself says that Mileena and Sareena and Ashrah have been taken out of the planned KP3. If he knows about the females controversy, why make a fake leak that has no female characters? Also, this is not the first time DVD had talked about Havik or Daegon, he had said there were 18 DLC characters planned and named them all before and said the final pack was always meant to be guest-free.

3. Full story mode leak appears by a reddit user named simone_tempestini, who is unreachable now. Having spoken to someone from Italy, it seems he is a frequent poster in the MK facebook group there, but that they did not believe he played the story either. There was a WB ban on the leak, which someone from the reddit claims it was his joke (unknown, those guys are often liars, but from the reaction of the leaker it seems he was scared). Was pictured before being taken down:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Mortalkombatleaks/comments/jeaysz
The story leak was posted before Mileena, Rain and Rambo were revealed in a trailet. There had been a few days in which the thiny had discovered the MIL, RAI, RAM names, but for this leaker to have faked his story leak he would have had to completely believe those characters were coming (which people didn't really believe even with the names found by the thiny) and also believe the rest of the DVD leaks that mentioned Shinnok/Taven, Takeda, Quan Chi, Reiko amd make a fake leak very fast, because the confirmation that the DVD guy was a real leaker only came after Rain, Mileena and Rambo were officially announced in a trailer. Check the date, the story leak was before the trailer and before anyone had seen how Rain or Mileena look and now we have a Mileena tarkatan-like skin which is very much like the one described in the scene where she gives a speech.

The fact that he got the Rain and Mileena looks and styles very well shows that he may have played those characters.

Some analysis on why this holds great chances of being true:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Mortalkombatleaks/comments/jwhus6/_/gcq9yqq
4. Another leak that speaks of pretty much the same characters is this one, but it replaces Reiko with Smoke:

Is this a sign that all these leaks are piggy-backing off one another? Or that things may have changed?

5. End of Time leak, which gives a new name to Aftermath 2.0, which was just a momentary denomination.

This one is different from the others in that Daegon is no longer playable, onstead is a Boss and it has Sareena instead of Reiko (poor Reiko, he can't catch a break).

Says the previous leak was right, but using 2 year old information.

6. And then there's this leak which aomeone brought up on the MK leaks subreddit last week: https://www.reddit.com/r/Mortalkombatleaks/comments/m7g23x
It's very close to the one above by simone tempestini, but gets Daegon's name wrong. Maybe it's someone who doesn't know the MK characters that well, it's actually a sign that he didn't do his research when trying to fake a leak. Says the story mode was finished and got to play it, but all other reports have been that progress on the story expansion is very slow and that it may have veen postponed. There's even a guy pretending to be the leaker DVD who uses the name dvd1 and said the story expansion was cancelled because of Coronavirus. While I do not believe that guy, it's strange that his thread about him making an annpuncement that he will leak the movie is still up:

But if you try to enter the actual thread he made (middle.of that same page has the link to it), it's deleted completely from the face of gamefaqs. And also his account banned. It makes me wonder- unless that thread contained direct references or insults towards someone, why was it deleted? Did it have spoilers? I truly hope the characters coming in KP3 are not Kronika, 2 cyborgs and 3 guests, like that guy says.

I will try to keep an optimistic view and say that the above variations of the Aftermath 2.0/End of Time leak are not because different people are piggy-backing off each other (because it's not really possible in the case of the first 3 at least) and think that some things may have been changed. I would be sorry for Reiko if he is left out again like in MKX, where Brian Charrd confirmed he was supposed to be playable. I'd understand if NRS replaced him with Sareena or Smoke though. But how does that impact the story?

What we know:
  • Daegon and Havik take the Crown of Kronika and Daegon uses it to re-shape the realms, making the Red Dragon faction rule supreme in an alternate future
  • Shao Kahn is killed by Daegon before he takes Edenia and he marries Sindel and raises Kitana as another "Feral" Mileena.
  • Takeda gets "trapped" in Taven's cave in the present and when he exits it he finds himself in this alternate future. Also, Kenshi is dead somehow. Takeda meets up with Taven who leads the remaining shaolin in Earthrealm because Daegon lets them and they train together for some years.
  • at the point when time catches up with the original timeline in which Daegon and Havik injure Liu Kang and Shang Tsung in Kronika's Keep, the remaining heroes teleported by Liu Kang awaken in the new Red Dragon timeline, as God Liu Kang is left behind and "dies", sending them with his last breath.
  • presumably, Havik and Daegon know this and had been waiting for them for 10.000 years. They appear near the shaolin Temple and some are healed there. Through the temporal rift, Taven finds the Elder Gods and a restored Shinnok, with whom he merges and leak said here that dead souls of Quan Chi, Mileena and Reiko are the Suicide Squad given to Taven by the Elder Gods in order to stop hia brother.
  • Rain attacks the shaolin and kills many, he wpunds Jacqui (see Rain-Jax dialogue), heroes are saved by the Black Dragon lead by Kabal and Kano, who oppose the Red Dragon in this future.
  • Scorpion and Sub-Zero travel with Quan Chi in the Netherrealm to get some keys to stopping the Edenian God and meet up with Sareena. Quan Chi and Bi Han, redeeming, are killed there in a showdown with Daegon.
  • the Johnny Cage and Sonya of this timeline are evil Red Dragons (remember those kombat league banners with them with a dragon on their chest?)
  • Reiko goes to Chaosrealm to kill D'vorah (who in this timeline is the same D'vorah apparently she was helping Havik and Daegon all along and she becomes a hero of the kytinn) and Reiko also kills Havik, who is a Cleric of Chaos with a monster form that we play against apparently. Now there are a few things wrong with Reiko killing D'vorah "for Mileena". While I do like the 2 as a power couple, I don't think Reiko is honest in his love for Mileena. And if he was replaced, what happens to Havik and that plot? How do they use Smoke or Sareena there instead?
  • Kitana and Mileena work together to defeat Sindel and "Feral" Mileena. Jade meets a living Kotal in what appears to be reversed scene from when he sees her again in the Colosseum.
  • Takeda and the girls find Geras on a war thorn Orderrealm, with Hotaru, Darrius and Kung Jin being NPCs (remembwr the Hotaru vs Darrius banner?) and use Geras to steal another key they need. Takeda runs back and fights Rain and the Pyramid of Argus rises. He defeats Daegon and avenges Kenshi and Daegon and Kronika are taken away by Taven and Cetrion, who wants to atone and this time does not listen to her mother like in the main story when she sacrificed (which is good development for Cetrion). Takeda delivers the Crown to Liu Kang beyond time and space.
But what could change?
From Mileena's dialogue, we know in fact that she does work for her mother Sindel. So is this Mileena the Feral Mileena? There are also hints that she somehow impersonates Kitana in order to fool Liu Kang, though that may be only pre-fight banter.
Sheeva's dialogue says that Daegon cloned her and Kabal's says that in one timeline he is Red Dragon (there is a plot point I forgot with Kabal getting captured and brainwashed by Havik to be Red Dragon, with some Deception reminiscenes between the 2).

If Sareena is made playable, then Sareena is no longer an NPC you fight in the Netherrealm, so how does that story happen? Who travels instead of Reiko to kill Havik? Reiko and Havik have a history together, I don't see Smoke or Sareena there.

Story sounds fun, I would rather have Daegon playable than just Boss, but I'd like it if he is menacing the most. Sometimes I wish he would win in the end, but I understand it is rarely possible for the bad guy to win and it would undermine the entire story of Takeda getting revenge.

What are you expecting and what could have changed? But don't tell me Kronika and 3 guests cause there was no way to make the story happen....

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
because all of these coming from internet troll attention whores .... people with no lifes, that go creating anonymous accounts in reddit and 4chan, only to spread fake rumours, fake leaks, bullshit gossip to try to creat some reaction and manipulate people opinions about, hehe ..... it's too easy to do it, that some youtube channels were created only to divulge every week , a different leak , it's becoming seriously ridiculous this stuff, don't fall for it, hehe :p

don't take any of this BS seriously ..... at the moment, only official channels are reliable regarding MK11 future content source ;)

mattteo

Noob
What am I supposed to take seriously if not for the leak that gave us the Ash Williams being dropped news, the Rambo news in 2019, the Aftermath plot with Fujin and Raiden being brothers, evil Sindel killing Sheeva and Liu Kang and Shang ending (which actually happened), the movie script from 2018 that mentioned Cole being who he is now confirmed to be (cough cough fighting Goro), also the Arcana story, Kano working together with Sonya, the dialogue of Mileena and Tanya lovers, the Rain "Queen" fatality, the kombat league banners of Hotaru and Darrius....

I mean...if it weren't for some stupid mods at MK leaks claiming that these are all accidents just because they have a grudge against the leaker, they wouldn be much more discussed and not disputed at all in the community.

These things will happen, they have been so far as exact as any datamine. Hars to think that only the info about KP3 won't be real.

Metin

Ermac & Smoke Main
Nrs games wouldn't be supported more than two years because they have nothing to release other than the fighting games that they have. Soon Injustice 3 or Marvel vs DC leaks will spread around the internet and nobody will give a flying fuck about MK 11. That is my prediction, i would be suprised if they release more MK 11 content, maybe a patch but that is all. WB will never allow NRS to support their games more than two years, they always need more fresh and big money and they can't get it through MK11 DLC content.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
I respect the time and research you put into this, it’s admirable.

To answer your question, people just simply love attention. They also love the idea that people think they have some unique, esoteric information because they are just that cool. It’s legitimately very strange behavior. Other than the reasons I mentioned, the payoff if they happen to be right is what exactly? To be able to say “TOLD YOU SO!” in the end? The funny thing is they will say that even if they only got a few things or characters right.

“Leaks” to these people are really just predictions masquerading as “insider information”.

mattteo

Noob
@Juggs Thank you, nice of you to say that.

But I don't think we're talking about people who make up things in this thread. I believe the guy saying that is only disputed because some people didn't like him or the leak. Too many 3D era characters they say and that's why they try to paint him as some guy making up thkngs. But 3D era characters should have been on the main roster instead of many there.

You can find these typing "dvdgamescenter" and searching by images on google. They all seem true. Even the thiny was wrong about KP2 not containing Fujin, Sheeva and Robocop. MK Ultimate did contain exactly that.

DVD guy said Aftermath and KP2 were different things even before Aftermath was a thing.
"No, KP2 is scheduled to be 6 characters revealed right after Aftermath. The 3 revealed and 3 more. You can buy KP2 and without the story, you don't pay the same money twice. Or people who bought the Aftermath story can just get the 3 more characters."

Yes, they released Mileena and Rain in KP2 instead of 3, but Daegon and Havik should still be coming instead of them in KP3. I don't know about you, but I can't believe this guy was so on the money in every little thing and people still treat him like a liar because he said MK12 has some basic ideas about a prequel with a bunch of characters from Outworld and some characters from Threshold in it.

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
I assume there are 5 different leaks because people are mostly just guessing and speculating and don't actually have insider info, and if they do it's pretty limited.

People like attention and feeling important.

mattteo

Noob
Most people don't have inside info, but I know of 2 who do: the original waddlesleaker and DVDgamescentre.

Waddlesleaker gave a correct description of Aftermath content and even he said Havik are Daegon were coming. So if they were planned and got pushed back, KP3 starts with them. Therefore, the other leaks can be true coroborating them to this.

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
How much inside info do they really have though, versus just educated speculation with vague descriptions and built in option selects? Even if these leakers do have inside sources, who knows how reliable the information they're getting really is? And even if it is reliable, so what?

I've just never really cared that much about leaks. It just comes off as attention grabbing to me.

While I don't think any of these leaks are real. I do feel there is huge potential for 2 new side games in the future. One that follows Liu's outcome, as fans have been asking for a prequel for quite some time, and one that follows Shang's outcome vs Chaos and Order. Quan/Shang won in Deadly Alliance, so it would be a shame to throw this storyline away altogether. Less characters per game will also help keep it more balanced.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
While I don't think any of these leaks are real. I do feel there is huge potential for 2 new side games in the future. One that follows Liu's outcome, as fans have been asking for a prequel for quite some time, and one that follows Shang's outcome vs Chaos and Order. Quan/Shang won in Deadly Alliance, so it would be a shame to throw this storyline away altogether. Less characters per game will also help keep it more balanced.
Check.... is that really you!??

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
One that follows Liu's outcome, as fans have been asking for a prequel for quite some time
I kind of like the idea of some sort of Mortal Kombat Alpha idea. Theoretically you could do a roster of practically all new characters, which I think could actually be fun. I know it might be sacrilegious to have an MK without Scorpion or Sub Zero, but I'd love to see what NRS can do with a roster of something like 18 new characters, and then the bare minimum of returning or familiar characters like Shang Tsung, Great Kung Lao, Raiden, Goro, whoever else.

mattteo

Noob
If by new characters you also mean bringing back 3D era characters, then it would be the best roster. Just Scorpion, Sub-Zero, Liu Kang, Kitana, Mileena, Kung Lao, Baraka, the ninjas Rain, Ermac, Reptile, Smoke, Noob Saibot+ Nightwolf (maybe other incarnations- ancestors) and all characters from MK4-MKA. Ok, maybe except for Jarek, Hsu Hao, Kobra, Kira or joke characters. Would be better than Jacqui, Cassie, Sonya, Jax, Kano, Geras, Kollector, Cucktal all over again.

We could have Fujin, Quan Chi, Kenshi, Tanya, Reiko, Drahmin, Moloch, Nitara, Ashrah, Onaga, Havik, Hotaru, Sareena, Daegon, Taven, even Kai or Li Mei.

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
By new characters I meant new characters. Bring back the bare minimum amount of characters to make the timeline make sense. Make it the Star Wars Rogue One of MK games. Or just do an MK game with an entirely new set of characters and story altogether.

I want to see NRS do more new stuff. I want to see what they could do with some new concepts instead of always being tied to the same old legacy characters and story, and then we end up having the same tired old debate about which characters need to come back, which 3D characters should or should not be included, how we can make the "perfect" roster, and why this or that character was changed too much from how they played in the last game. An MK game with an entirely new cast sounds fun to me.

From a sales/marketing standpoint it would probably never fly, and I'm probably in the minority on this. Sometimes I just get tired of the same old cycle. I want something new.

mattteo

Noob
which 3D characters should or should not be included....
This hasn't even been debated well. They were not included. Theybshpuld be.

Next game should have a lot of them, maybe even retell Deadly Alliance, Deception and MKA.

Why jump to 24 new characters without having those first?

Last edited:

Pizza

Thrill Kill
While the fact that trolls and people seeking attention exist is undeniable, I also believe that the lack of communication from NRS is a contributing factor to the insane number of "leaks" we've seen last year.

Before someone jumps at my throat: What I'm saying is if there was a clear road map, showing which characters are coming, what content are they adding, etc. there wouldn't be room for "NEW STORY EXPANSION, 60 NEW CHARACTERS, NEW KRYPT" because they would be discredited immediatly.
Marketing has been abysmal. Datamining did more to hype people lol remember the days before KP2 was announced?

Why can't they just say "sorry, there are no more Krypt/Story expansions in the future, we're working on patches now"

Look at how other companies show road maps all the time.
When Capcom announced Dan Hibiki, Oro, Rose, etc. for Street Fighter V I didn't see anyone posting "my uncle who works at Capcom says they're secretly working on Dudley and Makoto!!"
Same goes to Samurai Shodown, Tekken 7, Guilty Gear Strive.