What's new

Question - Bo' Rai Cho Why Are Opponents Able to Block after Fart HITS them??

Does This Sh*t make ANY actual Sense?

• Of course it does, Yes.

Votes: 8 66.7%
  • Hell No It doesnt...is this real Life?

Votes: 4 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
That's typically how it'd work, but maybe there is a bug that causes only the last active frame of fart to give the wrong type of hitstun; the kind of hitstun that lets you block after. None of us are looking at the code so you can't say it's definitely not the reason. Just looking at the video, he appears to hit on the very last active frame.
Then it would be a bug that occurs during it meaty, but not a result of something like this hitting meaty on its own

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
Then it would be a bug that occurs during it meaty, but not a result of something like this hitting meaty on its own
Isn't that what I said? It's a meaty fart bug. It's not a regular meaty with extra frame advantage everything's fine go home. Obviously something is wrong and the fart is not working as intended.

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
Its probably an old code being used kind of thing. When youre hit and stunned by the fart, im pretty sure some moves like this in previous games would remove the stun if you jumped? Maybe?

Thefish

One Drink, Two Drink, Three Drink.. More.
Yeah I came across something similar awhile ago with a crop setup.
Jumped in practice after seeing the thread and after about 10 minutes that motherfucking demon sure enough showed its face again.:(

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
+Thefish That could just be a glitch but personally I've found that JI2/1 link after drinking in that combo to be tight and inconsistent in certain spacing.

Thefish

One Drink, Two Drink, Three Drink.. More.
Yeah iunno with it man. Even if I don't drink after the d2 it won't connect most of the time when the stun is short like that. Sometimes I can fart then drink/wait abit then do it and it's fine, sometimes straight away after the fart and it does and doesn't stun long enough, other times ji2 into either b322/f34 does and doesn't stun. Kind of annoying lol. I have found though ji3 d2 very rarely has this problem, (also better for someone trying to njp) and neither does b32 dd3-3 d2. Them two options they always seem to stay stunned. Fatman needs to get his arse together.

Forgot. f3 dd3-3 d2 seem to be consistent with stun also.

KrstffrMunk

Bane/Black Manta/Captain Cold
Bo Rai Cho is a plethora of hitbox wonkiness/issues. I believe that to be the main reason his toolkit looks great on paper but works less so in action.
@BanTheTesters you oughta make a "Known Bo Rai Cho bugs thread", not to avoid clutter, (though it'll serve that purpose, too) but because we need these things stickied and collected.

I imagine KP3 buffing and nerfing a lot but fixing next to none of the wonkiness the characters to a lesser or greater extend are plagued by.

Last edited:

TamedLizard

Buff George
@dennycascade

This makes me wonder if the opponent being able to block the fart after a successful command grab is intentional or not.

At certain ranges if you set up the crop duster in the corner and do F3/B3 command grab, the opponent has time to block the fart and even punish regardless of the fact that they were flying through the air when the fart makes contact.

If they don't block however, the "combo" is reset when the fart hits them.

dennycascade

UPR_ghastem
@dennycascade

This makes me wonder if the opponent being able to block the fart after a successful command grab is intentional or not.

At certain ranges if you set up the crop duster in the corner and do F3/B3 command grab, the opponent has time to block the fart and even punish regardless of the fact that they were flying through the air when the fart makes contact.

If they don't block however, the "combo" is reset when the fart hits them.
Yeah idk man it's a strange mechanic. Don't know why predator and sub can throw you and trap you after the end of the throw but it doesn't work for bo. Maybe it will get fixed

Gengar

Hypnosis > Dreameater (its a reset)
Have you tried playing back the replay that the game saved of this?

when the game does a replay it just repeats all your inputs, thats why patches kill old replays because the replay isnt a video of the fight, its a recreation and the changes to the game would change the outcome of the replay.

If it was an odd glitch it likely would not occur again in a replay. If for instance it rolled back and the guy actually blocked it then that may make sense, however i will secede that the hit animation lingered for far longer then a roll back error usually would.

But watching the replay may reveal more about the scenario either way, i think if anything weird ever happens that the replay is the first place to look.