What's new

Question - Bo' Rai Cho Why Are Opponents Able to Block after Fart HITS them??

Does This Sh*t make ANY actual Sense?

• Of course it does, Yes.

Votes: 8 66.7%
  • Hell No It doesnt...is this real Life?

Votes: 4 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BanTheTesters

“My AGENT is tougher than you...”
I was playing Bo Rai Cho on stream the other day and yet AGAIN something odd happend...ill cut to the chase here's the video:

My Reaction afterwords is as followed:

This has happened on several occasions while playing Bo Rai Cho (it happened with Jason As well on that same stream)...so can anyone explain to me whats going on?

Its like the more i try playing this character the more stupid broken stuff i keep finding...I dont see how an opponent is able to Block (in this case its the opponent getting hit with fart and blocking a Njp just seconds after getting stunned.) after getting hit by fart...its a stun right?

Please Discuss!

Groove Heaven

Jobber-baron
I really stopped playing this game like right after MKXL so I don't know a lot about BRC. Maybe there isn't enough hitstun for you to combo off fart hitting them with an njp? You did it meaty and the cloud looked like it hit her in the later frames of the move, so maybe the later fart cloud hits the less hitstun it has? Just a guess. Do the labwork and you'll find the answers.

freerf245

11 11 11 11
This has happened to me on a few occasions. It doesn't happen to often but when it does it is pretty frustrating. I don't really see any pattern with it either. It happens randomly and it sucks. Hopefully this bug is fixed.

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
I really stopped playing this game like right after MKXL so I don't know a lot about BRC. Maybe there isn't enough hitstun for you to combo off fart hitting them with an njp? You did it meaty and the cloud looked like it hit her in the later frames of the move, so maybe the later fart cloud hits the less hitstun it has? Just a guess. Do the labwork and you'll find the answers.
That's not how meaties typically work (note my use of the word "typically" because of the game we're playing). When a move hits in later active frames it tends to receive more advantage, be it on hit or block.

To me, this looks more like a random bug.

BanTheTesters

“My AGENT is tougher than you...”
I read someone on twitter asking about this issue to Paulo in june or july. Paulo said it was a known bug and that they were looking into it.
Ah ok didn't know thanks for the info, I might as well tweet this his way anyways right loll?

myri

Time Warrior
Dude y'know what, Bo also has this weird shit that happens sometimes when I do ex dd4 in the corner he'll swap sides with the person or it even happens when I do a meaty string. This, combined with that, and the flips whiffing on crouch blocking opponents needs to be fixed.

Yer_Da

I don't sell Avon.
I get that with the 341 string on occasion, if the 1 whiffs, for whatever reason, we swap sides and I get blown to hell.

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
Yep, definitely had this happen at least once using standing 4. It was on Kitana and I pretty much had the same reaction lol.

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
Why are you punishing roll and teleports with d3?
I know he d3'd after blocking a roll so theres no reason for that, but against Mileena's TP shit a low profile is generally not too bad response special in the corner where you can juggle from it

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
I know he d3'd after blocking a roll so theres no reason for that, but against Mileena's TP shit a low profile is generally not too bad response special in the corner where you can juggle from it
Can't you do like d1 into something or at least d2?

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
probably i dont know i dont play brc, he does have a pretty low hitbox on his d1 tho right

i dont think this video was meant to be an assessment of his gameplay tho anyway
Yeah, I know. It was a joke. The glitch is probably caused by how meaty he did fart. Like only the last frame of it hit, which may be why he wasn't in more hitstun. That's my guess at least...

honeybooboo

I speak truth, no lie
BRC's punish game is kind of unreliable for those asking why he isnt punishing. F1 is his best option

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
Yeah, I know. It was a joke. The glitch is probably caused by how meaty he did fart. Like only the last frame of it hit, which may be why he wasn't in more hitstun. That's my guess at least...
if the last frame of it hit he'd actually have more time to convert rather than less so its definitely not that

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
if the last frame of it hit he'd actually have more time to convert rather than less so its definitely not that
That's typically how it'd work, but maybe there is a bug that causes only the last active frame of fart to give the wrong type of hitstun; the kind of hitstun that lets you block after. None of us are looking at the code so you can't say it's definitely not the reason. Just looking at the video, he appears to hit on the very last active frame.