What's new

Why ain't we had a female Guest?

BecomingDeath13

"You won't winter over?" Who the fuck wrote that?
lolwut? WB has plenty of femme icons that could step in here. Sarah Connor and Harley being two obvious examples, but honestly if you don't think Xena the fucking warrior princess and Buffy the Vampire slayer are influential pop culture icons that are worthy of a guest slot, then to put it generously, you need to widen your scope.
With all of the uncertainty until just recently about WB and NRS. The push for another MK instead of Inj. We may not be seeing any WB guests this go around because of all of that going on behind the scenes. It's probably easier at this point just to get licensing for characters instead of risk putting in WB assets just to have had NRS get sold off mid development.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
We shouldn’t have any guests at all.

Keep it all MK, plenty of characters in the MK Universe that can’t make the cut just to make room for nonsense guests characters.
Bring back Hotaru, Havik, Drahmin, Ashrah, Li Mei, Tanya instead.
yeah.. lets just remove on of the most profitable aspects of the entire franchise, which nearly guarantees more games in the future. The guest DLC outsell everything but miles. It is time people stopped bitching about it.. it is ingrained into MK as much as gore is and will never go away. Boon has said that MK9 was "saved" by guests characters. As in NRS was saved.

Art Lean

Noob
Not a fan of guests at all, and I know Pinhead's name has been thrown around a lot previously, but what about specifically Jamie Clayton's new female version of Pinhead? She was without a doubt the best thing in the new movie and stole every scene she was in.

This way you've got a female guest, still technically a horror icon (just a new rendition) with a long legacy, really contemporary, the movie did quite well, there's no conflict of interest in using the character in a violent setting etc, and in my opinion looked really fresh and amazing (no disrespect to Doug Bradley, the man's a legend, but those endless later sequels did the character no favours).

Last edited:

Gerchap

Noob
yeah.. lets just remove on of the most profitable aspects of the entire franchise, which nearly guarantees more games in the future. The guest DLC outsell everything but miles. It is time people stopped bitching about it.. it is ingrained into MK as much as gore is and will never go away. Boon has said that MK9 was "saved" by guests characters. As in NRS was saved.
Do you know how the licensing law works.

in order to use, The terminator, Freddy to name a few that have been used. The legal owners of those characters have to agree and have to make money (Not all of it goes to NRS)

I don’t like guests characters, I’m an MK fan and it’s sad to see characters that have been MIA game after game. My .02 cents

Jynks

in order to use, The terminator, Freddy to name a few that have been used. The legal owners of those characters have to agree and have to make money (Not all of it goes to NRS)
yeah... here is another mid blowing fact for you... water is wet!

You can hate guests as much as you like by NRS themselves and this has been confirmed by reporters via stockholder meetings, THE most profitable aspect of MK is the guests DLC. Boon has even said that the guests in MK9 are the SOLE reason the studio didn't fold.

Gerchap

Noob
yeah... here is another mid blowing fact for you... water is wet!

You can hate guests as much as you like by NRS themselves and this has been confirmed by reporters via stockholder meetings, THE most profitable aspect of MK is the guests DLC. Boon has even said that the guests in MK9 are the SOLE reason the studio didn't fold.
So you’re overreacting to my initial post LOL take it easy kid, freedom of speech. If you like it good if not go fuck yourself simple as that.

Jynks

So you’re overreacting to my initial post LOL take it easy kid, freedom of speech. If you like it good if not go fuck yourself simple as that.
freedom of seach lol.. what are you talking about?

I'm not saying they are good or bad.. I HATE guest characters.. all I am saying is that they are integral to the franchise even existing at all and are not ever going to go anywhere. That is not an "opinion" it is a fact of how the finances of the game works.

Mk9kevin

Sareena for MK11!
Here are my personal pics if we ever do get a female guest:

Buffy The Vampire Slayer. Need I say more?
A game I really enjoyed playing was Lollipop Chainsaw! She’s hot af and who knows, maybe they could recycle some Leatherface moves?
And I know this is a wild one, but I feel like the TX was so under appreciated! Growing up I was scared but amazed and I can see her retain some of The Terminator’s moves.

Gerchap

Noob
freedom of seach lol.. what are you talking about?

I'm not saying they are good or bad.. I HATE guest characters.. all I am saying is that they are integral to the franchise even existing at all and are not ever going to go anywhere. That is not an "opinion" it is a fact of how the finances of the game works.
I never use the word hate lol and The water is not wet btw.

Afumba

Noob
Yep, NRS should do it, we have some females icons characters, that could be awesome to have in the game, as Xena, Buffy, Harley Quinn, Sarah Connor, Ripley, Red Sonja, Catwoman, Cheetah, Bloodrayne, Selene, Mystique, Elektra, Black Widow :p

Is up to them to make it happen ! :D
Please no superheroes. I make an exception for Harley, but superheroes should stay away from MK otherwise.

Wednesday would be funny. Its not a WB ip but why not...:)