What's new

Why ain't we had a female Guest?

I have a great idea for a quest character that fits in the Mortal Kombat universe aswell.

Red Sonja

Space Cadet

They shot our face, Johnny. They shot. Our FACE.
I think it's really lame we haven't had one with the amount of guests we've gotten all throughout their games.

I saw someone mention Sadako recently and I think she would be real cool. Especially if they ever wanted to continue with the horror guest theme.

Hara-Killer

Reverse Salt
dont worry Losty Girl did a video complaning about it , now NRS gonna make full KP with female .
actually female probably sell less than male chars thats why they just put mk female DLC.

I remember seeing this on Reddit:
OH MY GOD I WOULD GET THIS GAME FOR RAYEN ALONE!

If we can't have Nitara, bring in Rayne!

i have no idea who is that supposed to be, even tho the title got mentioned. now compare that with the likes of homelander or robocop.
That's how I felt with Homelander, Omni Man and Peacemaker. I've been joking with people I know I'm an old when I see all the guests for the first DLC patch of M1K and don't know who they are. Any of them. (Yes I know Peacemaker was made before my time back in 1966 after looking it up, shut up fellow nerds.)

Can someone please explain to old-man-me who Omni Man and Peacemaker are?
Case and point.

Revy

★ 19 Years of Jade ★
What about Ciri from The Witcher 3? SoulCalibur 6 already has Geralt, why can't Mortal Kombat have Ciri? I think she'd be a great fit.

Due to her witcher training at Kaer Morhen, Ciri fights nearly identical to Geralt, though there are differences as well. Unlike Geralt, Ciri is unable to cast signs, cannot drink potions, cannot parry or use strong attacks and does not possess Witcher senses. Ciri instead posssesses three special abilities as a result of her Elder Blood. One of them is called "blink," which allows Ciri to teleport behind her foes and hit multiple enemies in a row, sometimes going in a killstreak. Another ability is called "magic stone," which is recieved during the Battle of Kaer Morhen. It allows Ciri to summon a fireball towards her position, which could however hurt her if she does not move away. The third ability is called "charge," which allows Ciri to dash at enemies and deal a colossal amout of damage to any enemy on her path.
[Source]

Revy

★ 19 Years of Jade ★
i doubt the creators want her to be eaten by reptile and spit out in half to be smashed afterwards...
Maybe. I do know the folks at CDPR are big Mortal Kombat fans though [Source]. It's not like it would canon & CDPR can do whatever they want as Andrzej Sapkowski (author & creator of The Witcher) gives absolutely ZERO fucks to what Netflix or CDPR does as he only cares about the books & signed a new royalties agreement [Source].

Funny enough, there really isn't a better guest character than her due to her abilities of being The Lady of Time & Space as she can canonly appear in the Mortal Kombat universe similar to how she teased Geralt about visiting the Cyberpunk 2077 universe while hiding from the Wild Hunt so she could have dropped in the Mortal Kombat universe then stay awhile before leaving to a different world before she arrives back in The Continent (the name of the world in The Witcher) which starts The Witcher 3.

Last edited:

josephf5

Noob
My guess is that it’s hard to find a company with a female lead character that will allow their character to be decapitated and murdered. In general, female protagonists don’t take as many beatings as male protagonists, because, culturally, we’re more adverse to seeing a woman get hurt than we are to seeing a man get hurt. People love seeing Buffy kick the crap out of vampires, but no one wants to see Buffy get beat up, much less torn apart. Corporations are very protective of their IPs, and many of them probably won’t allow their female characters to be put in that situation.

My guess is that it’s hard to find a company with a female lead character that will allow their character to be decapitated and murdered. In general, female protagonists don’t take as many beatings as male protagonists, because, culturally, we’re more adverse to seeing a woman get hurt than we are to seeing a man get hurt. People love seeing Buffy kick the crap out of vampires, but no one wants to see Buffy get beat up, much less torn apart. Corporations are very protective of their IPs, and many of them probably won’t allow their female characters to be put in that situation.

rifraf

Noob
Oh, I know! Amy Schumer.

She would through the most abysmal and unfun "jokes" at you for her specials. On the plus side you can perform a Fatality on her to end the suffering :laughing::laughing: