What's new

Who's overrated and who's underrated?

YOMI DJT

LIn Kuei Champion
I think the community as a whole overrates and underattes a lot of players. but to me I think everybody in this community is good enough to win tournaments. I've played a good a amount of top players and when I play them their just as good as me. just depends on mu,player, nerves, experience, who plays better etc. If everybody could play and study mk as much as they wanted their would be a lots of top players some just don't have time to lvl up in mk or play other games etc. i think people just overrate certain regions because certain top players in the region but that doesn't mean everyone in that region is a top player. or just because there isn't that many top players in another region their not that good. i dont really like starting stuff up because I like the community as a whole like mk family ya mean? everybody has their own opinion on forums etc but opinion is never fact.

Lumpymoomilk

Online Punching Bag
I'm starting to think these top player topics are overrated. Different topics are underrated. I like to hear about good players as much as the next person but lately it's been like a tabloid around here.

Jim

Emperor of the Moon
The only top player that I feel people consistently under rate is m2dave. At Evo I actually heard some people calling what he does spam. WTF? Is this online? He is controlling the space, and quite well at that. So many people acted like he made top 8 because either people didn't know the match up or he just threw the same move over and over. Hell that mentality isn't even unique to MK, the NEC stream for SFIV finals was full of people calling it Sonic Boom spam. You don't make it that far in any tournament, let alone Evo or NEC by only knowing the special move inputs and having no skill.

Other than that I'd just like to leave the thought that there is not a single player in this scene that has not been beat by another player in tournament. I think that mind set alone should get rid of thinking of some as over or under rated.

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
The smoke community misses you </3 That trolling / sarcastic humbleness is amazing lmao.
lol, well, just because I'm way out of practice doesn't mean I don't have wisdom to offer. I think I blew Frothy's mind in the Wafflez props thread.